Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Just purchased 2013 CB1100. Buzzy Bars
ambbmw Offline
Break-In Period

tn
Just purchased 2013 CB1100. Buzzy Bars
Just bought a pristine 2013 and love the look of the bike. It has aftermarket Trackside handlebars without bar ends or any weights. These bars look like dirt bike bars with the strut spanning the bars. The buzz feels like I'm riding a 250 single. Even at low speeds.

I am not seeing this coming up as an issue on the forum, other than a non feeling vibration that sneaks up on you after a while.

Want to pull the trigger on a stock handle bar setup. Thoughts? Anyone have a complete set for a 2013?
12-28-2017 07:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RE: Just purchased 2013 CB1100. Buzzy Bars
Until you find your stock handlebars with bar end weights, you might want to slip some Grip Puppies over your handle grips. You are going to need them anyway because the Honda Grips are hard and small in diameter. They will cramp your hands in less than an hour.
They are available on Amazon.

2017 CB1100 EX
12-28-2017 07:56 AM
ambbmw Offline
Break-In Period

tn
(12-28-2017 07:56 AM)Nortoon Wrote:  Until you find your stock handlebars with bar end weights, you might want to slip some Grip Puppies over your handle grips. You are going to need them anyway because the Honda Grips are hard and small in diameter. They will cramp your hands in less than an hour.
They are available on Amazon.

Thanks for the idea. I've had these before on other bikes. Really gotta solve the problem or riding this bike is not going to work.
12-28-2017 08:03 AM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
(12-28-2017 07:45 AM)ambbmw Wrote:  Just bought a pristine 2013 and love the look of the bike. It has aftermarket Trackside handlebars without bar ends or any weights. These bars look like dirt bike bars with the strut spanning the bars. The buzz feels like I'm riding a 250 single. Even at low speeds.

I am not seeing this coming up as an issue on the forum, other than a non feeling vibration that sneaks up on you after a while.

Want to pull the trigger on a stock handle bar setup. Thoughts? Anyone have a complete set for a 2013?

Check in the "For Sale" section of this forum. I don't believe you can post there until you have a certain number of posts elsewhere herein, but I think you can look through the posts.

Also, welcome to the forum. I hope you get the buzz fixed soon so you can fully enjoy the bike.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 08:17 AM by EmptySea.)
12-28-2017 08:11 AM
ambbmw Offline
Break-In Period

tn
(12-28-2017 08:11 AM)EmptySea Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 07:45 AM)ambbmw Wrote:  Just bought a pristine 2013 and love the look of the bike. It has aftermarket Trackside handlebars without bar ends or any weights. These bars look like dirt bike bars with the strut spanning the bars. The buzz feels like I'm riding a 250 single. Even at low speeds.

Check in the "For Sale" section of this forum. I don't believe you can post there until you have a certain number of posts elsewhere herein, but I think you can look through the posts.

Also, welcome to the forum. I hope you get the buzz fixed soon so you can fully enjoy the bike.

You are correct sir I cannot post yet. I just want to make sure this is not normal before I pop for the bars. I have been looking at the For Sale section multiple times a day.

Forums are so great when you get a new bike. Long time rider of a little bit of everything. This is my play bike. Ride a 2015 BMW GS most of the time, and this bike is to cut down on the miles I put on my beemer.
12-28-2017 08:31 AM
use2b Offline
High Mileage

Perdido Key Florida
I have the chrome end weights that i took off and put closed end old style grips on my bike. I did not take the inside attachment out and will not go back in . I do not have the buz , feels like a smooth 4 cly should.

Novice question here - what is that adjustable thingy bottom front right side that looks like it may be a counter balancer ?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

The best part about growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old.
former owner of the baddest 2013 CB1100 ever ;] now a plush ride -2014 Goldwing Valkyrie GL1800C
12-28-2017 08:41 AM
nhawk7504 Offline
Running Like a Top

Boston
"trackside bars" are junk so yeah other bars and bar ends will certainly be better. I've always used Renthal bars since they are heavier grade metal, but many many people are riding with stock bars just fine with bar ends and the grip puppies. Someone also mentioned making sure the engine bolts are all torqued to spec.
12-28-2017 08:42 AM
ambbmw Offline
Break-In Period

tn
(12-28-2017 08:42 AM)nhawk7504 Wrote:  "trackside bars" are junk so yeah other bars and bar ends will certainly be better. I've always used Renthal bars since they are heavier grade metal, but many many people are riding with stock bars just fine with bar ends and the grip puppies. Someone also mentioned making sure the engine bolts are all torqued to spec.

Just checked all the engine bolts. Were torqued to spec. Set suspension back to stock also. Was set at 2 at the front and 1 in the rear. I agree on the bars. Will definitely replace.
12-28-2017 10:31 AM
736cc Offline
Running Like a Top

NY
I have a perfect 2013 handlebar available my email detail@optonline.net
12-28-2017 10:47 AM
max Offline
Road Warrior

Auckland New Zealand
(12-28-2017 08:41 AM)use2b Wrote:  I have the chrome end weights that i took off and put closed end old style grips on my bike. I did not take the inside attachment out and will not go back in . I do not have the buz , feels like a smooth 4 cly should.

Novice question here - what is that adjustable thingy bottom front right side that looks like it may be a counter balancer ?

To answer your question; yes it is, made a video that includes the adjustment, normally not required but if you have a rattle in the lower crankcase it may snug it up.

Mark or photograph the original position, loosen the 10 mm bolt that is the clamp part ( the lower one ) until the shaft rotates, slowly rotate to the left with the engine running until there is a distinct whine audible, go back to the right until it clears and go another notch further before locking the clamp again without overtighning it.

Like this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgQmyknW_4

cheers max
12-28-2017 12:33 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
:blush:Lord Popgun — 05:28 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… : . . .Nachodaddy — 04:46 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was a . . .GoldOxide — 04:34 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was almos . . .Lord Popgun — 03:56 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… :DLord Popgun — 03:55 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
There could always be worse headlines . . .Gone in 60 — 03:10 PM
Todays weather
Today was overcast and it reached about . . .GoldOxide — 02:53 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That is very pretty! I'm a bit chal . . .GoldOxide — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,992