CH
Video old components ?

01-15-2018 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: old components ?
That was different lol. From his hipster look, open face helmet with bandana, rolled up jeans, brown boots with white soles, you'd almost expect him to be riding a cafe or a bobber.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
01-15-2018 07:29 PM
LongRanger Offline
Been There

Evergreen, CO
Cool video. His vintage-looking Rolleiflex camera (or whatever brand that was) really set the retro vibe, along with the items Ferret pointed out. Pretty bike.

Ride more. Worry less. Tongue
‘12 BMW R1200R Classic
'15 BMW R1200RT
01-15-2018 07:48 PM
Flynrider Offline
Been There

Phoenix, AZ
What? No Mood Ring?

Phoenix, AZ
2013 CB1100 - Big Red
1993 CB750 Nighthawk - Tahitian Blue
01-16-2018 07:55 PM
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
Amazing what the right choice of music can do to enhance a movie, or as in this case, a small budget video.

Ferret, I didn't know white soled boots was a hipster thing. If it is I'd like to take credit for getting it started and will also point out they're about 30 years behind me.

This is my second pair of Sears Diehard (their house brand) boots. Currently about 15 years old (first pair prob lasted that long as well). Non-steel toed and has original 'white soles'. In my 'yut' I was working in a hospital and had the opportunity to watch a steel toed boot be cut off someone's foot that had been run over by a forklift. It left an indelible impression on me and I've never owned a steel toed pair of boots as a result.

My wife recently bought a 3rd pair of the same brand to replace them. She thinks I threw the ones in the above picture away but I have them stashed in the garage. Angel I just can't force myself to throw away an old pair of boots that's still serviceable but looks rough.

This is one of 3 pair of Justins that's on it's second (3rd overall if you count the original) 'white' sole. She thinks they've been thrown away too. Boots are probably well of 10 years old. I prefer heelless soles while riding and used to wear these a lot on the bikes. The soles usually last about 3 years and then I have them replaced for $45 at a local cobbler. I attended a motorcycle safety course 1-2 years ago where some of the guest speakers were from the Utah Highway Patrol and some EMS folks. They all mentioned how common it is to arrive at a motorcycle accident site and see the injured rider having lost one, if not both shoes/boots. Made me think. Now I usually ride with Fox Cam buckle motorcycle boots or lace on boots like the ones shown above. No more of the laceless Wellington styles on the bikes as in the pic below.

I'm seriously thinking about going down to Sears and getting the taller, lace-up cousins of mine with no heel and 'white' soles (of course). Around mid $80 range. Based on their longevity they would probably be the last pair of riding boots I'd ever own. I need to do that soon as Sears is closing the stores in our area under their corporate restructuring.

Hipsters....pffft. And don't get me going on the Hip-Hop culture. I started that too. Have pictures of me in northern Maine wearing flannel shirts and unlaced Timberlands in the early 80's LOOONG before it was cool. Sure do miss those Timberlands. After about 15 years the wife made me throw them away. Sad
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 09:23 PM by Frulk.)
01-16-2018 08:57 PM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
"She thinks they've been thrown away too." <-- ROFL

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
01-16-2018 10:13 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,753

Full Statistics

>