Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A note about this forum, it's history, an apology and an announcement
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RE: A note about this forum, it's history, an apology and an announcement
Years ago I bought at Wetskins rain suit at a local fishing and hunting shop. It is nylon and designed to breath so you don't get wet from the inside out.

The jacket has a fold away hood that can be worn under a helmet to keep the water from running down the back of your neck. The jacket zipper has two overlapping flaps, and snaps to keep the top flap closed. The pockets have a flap over the zipper. The waist has a draw string to prevent wind from entering. The cuffs are elastic to keep the wind and water out. It has never leaked on the bike or in the boat.

The pants have an elastic waist and draw string belt. The bottom of the legs have a zipper so they can be slipped over boots.

The jacket and pants can each be folded to fit in a Ziploc bag. I sit on the bags to compress them before closing the zippers. The whole suit is only 4 inches high when tucked into a tank or tail bag.

2017 CB1100 EX
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018 10:56 AM by Nortoon.)
01-19-2018 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
RE: A note about this forum, it's history, an apology and an announcement
mickey, I've also read mixed reviews regarding the Roadcrafter's waterproof-ness. Most of the complaints centered around the older models leaking in the zippered crotch area. The new R3 supposedly is completely waterproof, when everything is zipped and sealed properly. The Darien is a two-piece suit with a 3/4-length jacket and a minimum of zippers and seams. People say it really is waterproof. It seems to be the choice of many of the hardcore, high-mileage ADV and world-traveler types.

In any case, I just ordered up a slightly custom-spec'd, fully armored Darien Light jacket, AD-1 pants, and fleece liners for the jacket and pants. Very expensive again, natch, but if they're anything like my BMW suit, which I've had now for twenty-some years, this new suit will likely be the last one I ever buy. Just have to make a reasonable effort to take care of it. Scotchguard or Nikwax it once per year, repair any broken seams as needed...should be simple and easy, once the thing breaks in. They're notoriously stiff when new, even the Light versions.

I fully expect to have to send the suit back for initial alterations, however. I'll be shocked if it fits, straight out of the box.
01-19-2018 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
FWIW a motorcycle i buy represents m . . .Ollie — 06:24 AM
FWIW a motorcycle I buy represents mon . . .The ferret — 06:22 AM