Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stirring the Pot, I am.
4 Paws Offline
High Mileage

MM 199 on BRP (Fancy Gap VA)
RE: Stirring the Pot, I am.
Ah heck, I thought you said smoking.

Best thing I learned from my dog: “Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride". Dan D.
01-28-2018 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
(01-28-2018 05:57 AM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(01-27-2018 07:31 PM)Ulvetanna Wrote:  It does occur to me that some members may be taking my wordy posts far too literally (pun absolutely intended). Yep, I'm stirring the pot a bit to see what floats up, that's all. A sense of humor is helpful, but there is always the ignore list.Beer

Where is the ignore list option?
I’d like to sign up for it.
It's in the User CP. Look at the top of the page when yer logged in, to the left, just under Guth's cool CB1100 graphic.

I can't believe I am directing someone on how to ignore my posts. That's some serious irony. But that's the polite way to handle my occasional or frequent pedantic drivel.ROFL

I know how to use the ignore list too but have not done so; I can't wait to see what everyone has to say next!
01-28-2018 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
(01-28-2018 09:34 AM)pdedse Wrote:  Rural riding at night, yes, avoid if at all possible...but city riding on the freeways, that's a blast at night. I mean late after a hot summer day, 11pm or later when there's no traffic...head west towards Portland on I-84, but veer south on to 205 then down and around to I-5 where ya' take a right and head north on 217 through Tigard, right on 26 and through the tunnel--nothing like tunnels on a motorcycle--a quick jog on 405, then back on I-5 north, cross the bridge into Vancouver, W14 east to the 205 bridge, cross the Columbia back into OR and then return home on I-84...the Sportster was fun on that, exhaust never sounded better, gauges all lit up, the CB1100 instrument panel--a work of art at night. Somenights I'd do that, "finish", and then turn around and do same route in reverse...a good two hour plus ride. A weeknight is better to avoid the crazzies.

On the other hand...I've had to ride in rural Mexico once at night when I miscalculated how far away the next town was...white knuckle riding all the while fearing gaping pot holes would swallow me up, or a burro, vaca or cabra, or otherwise inebbriated being would jump out in front of me. Got behind a decently moving truck and was happy to watch his tail lights for an hour.

This is one of the more fascinating posts that I've read around here in quite some time. Thanks for sharing pdedse!

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
01-28-2018 04:06 PM
jimgl3 Offline
High Mileage

Covington, Ga
what are forums for if not for posting, well pretty much whatever you like, so long as it's not illegal? rude and obnoxious never hurt anyone.
01-31-2018 08:45 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM
I don't know about that... they're easy . . .Gone in 60 — 03:50 PM