Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Qatar Race *spoiler alert*
DAC Offline
High Mileage

Central Ohio, USA
Qatar Race *spoiler alert*
Well, this all looks very familiar. Another episode of the Marquez and Dovioso show with another last corner corner attempt by Marc ably fought off again by Dovi. Pedrosa and Zarco started strong - Dani faded early and Zarco dropping from the lead late. Rossi and Vinales looked impressive.

1. Dovi
2. Marquez
3. Rossi
4. Crutchlow
5. Petrucci
6. Vinales
7. Pedrosa
8. Zarco
9. Iannone
10.Miller

Bein Sports did much different job with the telecast. Got a highlight reel version of Moto3 and Moto2 with much of the middle of the races cut out. The main event started from the grid with little preamble. No big bother - just different.

What Y'all think?
03-18-2018 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
RE: Qatar Race *spoiler alert*
I was not happy that they decided to cut big part of the MOTO 3 and 2.
Is this going to be the new "normal " or was it due to programming conflicts because of soccer ?
03-18-2018 05:38 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
I was beginning to think it a not very exciting race, but it got hotter and hotter. I was on the edge of the seat by the end. It seems to me the sheer power of the Ducatis makes them very hard to beat in the right conditions. Although Rossi rode a great race, it was always going to be between Dovizioso and Marquez once Zarco dropped off the pace. It sounded from the commentary like Zarco's problem was poor tyre choice and that he was worried about from the outset, but I also wonder whether he lacks the mental stamina of Marquez, Dovizioso, Rossi and others.

Viñales was really impressive towards the end of the race when he got going.
03-18-2018 05:43 PM
DAC Offline
High Mileage

Central Ohio, USA
Possibly, Zarco had a faulty tire. Some press to that effect.Marquez seemed happy with the result since he doesn’t do so well at Qatar
03-18-2018 06:39 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Great race imo. I hated seeing Dani fade back after getting such a great start from the 3 rd row, but watching Rins run well on the Suzuki made up for it (until he crashed). Certainly there was a lot of competitiveness with 7 or 8 guys in it until the very end. Rossi rode really well proving once again he deserved his new contract. Dovi was amazing, Marquez is always amazing. Crutchlow and Petruuci rode really well. I loved it.

Last year 6 leading laps for Zarco, this year 17 leading laps for Zarco, one of these days he might lead them all.

Yea baby, MotoGp is back!

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
03-18-2018 07:02 PM
dbarkdoll Offline
Running Like a Top

Arkansas
Does anyone know of a place to stream MotoGP online?
03-18-2018 07:13 PM
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
Later in the evening Bein Sport showed the whole MOTO 2 and 3 race , it probably was a timing/schedule conflict earlier in the day for the reason that they cut the race down.
03-19-2018 05:06 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
(03-18-2018 07:13 PM)dbarkdoll Wrote:  Does anyone know of a place to stream MotoGP online?

That's what I do. Go to the Motogp web site and sign up. I watch all the practice sessions, qualifying and races live. I can watch a full race anytime I wish including races from seasons back. During the off season I like to watch races from the previous season or one from the 500cc two stroke days.

Great premier race. I was pulling for Dovi but loved the show by Zarco and the come from behind be Maverick. Bodes well for an exciting season.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2018 06:28 AM by redbirds.)
03-19-2018 06:24 AM
dbarkdoll Offline
Running Like a Top

Arkansas
(03-19-2018 06:24 AM)redbirds Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 07:13 PM)dbarkdoll Wrote:  Does anyone know of a place to stream MotoGP online?

That's what I do. Go to the Motogp web site and sign up. I watch all the practice sessions, qualifying and races live. I can watch a full race anytime I wish including races from seasons back. During the off season I like to watch races from the previous season or one from the 500cc two stroke days.

Great premier race. I was pulling for Dovi but loved the show by Zarco and the come from behind be Maverick. Bodes well for an exciting season.

Great, thanks!
03-19-2018 06:53 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM
Todays weather
Correct, Gone.Cormanus — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>