Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from Ohio!
DAC Offline
High Mileage

Central Ohio, USA
RE: Hello from Ohio!
Welcome deltamark from yet another Ohioan. Good looking rig there! Hope to see you at the rally.
03-19-2018 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
Welcome from Illinois.....mainly to show that there are riders from states other than the Buckeye state.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
03-19-2018 04:54 PM
dbarkdoll Offline
Running Like a Top

Arkansas
Alright. I’ve gotta know. How much did this run you? Feel free to PM me, or ignore if you think I should mind my own business.

Welcome btw.
03-19-2018 06:40 PM
Retsel Offline
High Mileage

Pacifica
Hello from Ohio!
Originallity is certainly appreciated here! You'll fit right in! However, in the name of unity, you will need to get RLETS on that rig immediately!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
03-19-2018 06:52 PM
deltamark Offline
1st Service Completed

USA - Ohio
Ha ha, OK, I'll share. I'm currently at just over $9K for the used bike, the 2002 Ural sidecar and install / subframe fabrication. This excludes a paint job on the sidecar and the billions I'm planning to add in accessories!Tongue

Before doing this, I seriously considered getting a new Ural, but figured that I could do this more economically. I also didn't want to have to possibly wrench that much on a Ural and figured I could get better interstate performance with this, if desired.

I additionally considered hacking a Triumph T-100 Bonneville, but eventually became starry-eyed for the CB. The additional power of the CB didn't hurt, either. ; )

(03-19-2018 06:40 PM)dbarkdoll Wrote:  Alright. I’ve gotta know. How much did this run you? Feel free to PM me, or ignore if you think I should mind my own business.

Welcome btw.

I had to do a Google search for "RLETS." OK, it doesn't take much to convince me. Added to the list!Thumbs Up

(03-19-2018 06:52 PM)Retsel Wrote:  Originallity is certainly appreciated here! You'll fit right in! However, in the name of unity, you will need to get RLETS on that rig immediately!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

2014 CB1100 Standard attached to Rudi's Sidecar
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2018 11:59 AM by deltamark.)
03-20-2018 11:58 AM
pdedse Offline
Been There

Oregon
Best looking '14 standard w/ side car I've seen in a long time! : ) Very cool.
03-20-2018 12:51 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Brilliant! You can now find out what an RLET is using Google!
03-20-2018 01:55 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
My how far we have come lol

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
03-20-2018 02:32 PM
dbarkdoll Offline
Running Like a Top

Arkansas
(03-20-2018 11:58 AM)deltamark Wrote:  Ha ha, OK, I'll share. I'm currently at just over $9K for the used bike, the 2002 Ural sidecar and install / subframe fabrication. This excludes a paint job on the sidecar and the billions I'm planning to add in accessories!Tongue

Before doing this, I seriously considered getting a new Ural, but figured that I could do this more economically. I also didn't want to have to possibly wrench that much on a Ural and figured I could get better interstate performance with this, if desired.

I additionally considered hacking a Triumph T-100 Bonneville, but eventually became starry-eyed for the CB. The additional power of the CB didn't hurt, either. ; )
[/quote]

Honestly, that's not that much. Less than I was expecting. I would pay that for a CB1100 sidecar. Mostly to shut people up about it, haha. If I had a nickle for everytime friends of mine told me to get a sidecar for my dog......

You definitely made the right choice with the Honda as well. More power, more fun, better looking. That thing is sweet, and one of a kind. You will have tons of fun on it.

I'd love to hear your remarks on how it performs/handles. I'm also curious, if you dont mind me asking, who did this modification for you? No names or specifics neccessary, just curious if was a private individual that did it or like a motorcycle shop. Also, is it 2WD? Ive got so many questions! Seperate thread is an option
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2018 06:31 PM by dbarkdoll.)
03-28-2018 06:21 PM
deltamark Offline
1st Service Completed

USA - Ohio
The weather has been less than pleasant where I live, so I've not had many chances to ride it yet. In the limited rides I've taken, I'm very happy with the way it handles. Very stable, tracks nicely and the steering is good. Took my wife for a ride in the sidecar and she said she was comfortable. That said, a motorcycle / sidecar rig including this one, handles and drives completely differently than a two-wheeled motorcycle. Without elaborate steering modifications, the steering requires more effort. The rig must be steered and turned, unlike the counter-steering method used on a standard motorcycle. The rig will pull a bit to the right when accelerating and to the left when decelerating and stopping. This is pretty natural for sidecar rigs. I've still got a lot to learn and plan to practice as much as possible.

The fabrication and installation of the subframe was done by Bob Wark. Bob runs the Warkshop in Marietta, OH and has years of experience setting up and selling sidecar rigs. See his web page - The Warkshop.

My rig is one-wheel drive, powered only by the rear motorcycle wheel.

I think I'm going to take your suggestion and start a new thread in the General Discussions area. Will post more pics and info as I move forward.

(03-28-2018 06:21 PM)dbarkdoll Wrote:  
(03-20-2018 11:58 AM)deltamark Wrote:  Ha ha, OK, I'll share. I'm currently at just over $9K for the used bike, the 2002 Ural sidecar and install / subframe fabrication. This excludes a paint job on the sidecar and the billions I'm planning to add in accessories!Tongue

Honestly, that's not that much. Less than I was expecting. I would pay that for a CB1100 sidecar. Mostly to shut people up about it, haha. If I had a nickle for everytime friends of mine told me to get a sidecar for my dog......

You definitely made the right choice with the Honda as well. More power, more fun, better looking. That thing is sweet, and one of a kind. You will have tons of fun on it.

I'd love to hear your remarks on how it performs/handles. I'm also curious, if you dont mind me asking, who did this modification for you? No names or specifics neccessary, just curious if was a private individual that did it or like a motorcycle shop. Also, is it 2WD? Ive got so many questions! Seperate thread is an option
[/quote]

2014 CB1100 Standard attached to Rudi's Sidecar
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2018 09:37 AM by deltamark.)
03-29-2018 09:36 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
It's fun to read all these comments... . . .peterbaron — 07:18 AM
It's fun to read all these comments...ma . . .pdedse — 06:56 AM