Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yoshimura RSCV installation advice
Luge Offline
Break-In Period

Spring Hill, TN. USA
RE: Yoshimura RSCV installation advice
While I was inspecting the Yoshimura full system, I looked at the centerstand adapters that came with the pipe, there was a large bracket that I assume would be added to the existing centerstand?..It was quite heavy, I did not weigh it, but it felt like 3 pounds. I am seriously thinking about just deleting the centerstand, If that bracket that came with the yosh pipe has to be added to the centerstand, I know that I am going to leave the centerstand off..Just to much more weight! Any 14 std Yoshimura owners with part# 121110K500 Please chime in...Yoshimura sent a return shipping label from Fed Ex, I dropped it off yesterday, Now its hurry up and wait for Yoshimura to do their inspection and send me a New pipe!...

(03-31-2018 12:41 AM)Arctic cb1100 Wrote:  I installed my yoshi system myself also on my 14 you do have to remove the front fender but do not have to remove the wheel. I did it with the bike on the kickstand and opted to remove my center stand not only for the new exhaust system but for aesthetic reasons I definitely suggest having someone to help you and I also coverd the front frame tubes with blue painters tape to protect from scratches. take your time and be careful and have all the hardware, gaskets and flanges in place before you install past the frame so you can bolt everything up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am Liking your thinking about aesthetic reasons for leaving the centerstand off!

(04-04-2018 04:48 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  Luge, you can post photos here. Go to <New Reply> and use the attachment feature, but bear in mind the file size of the photo has to be less than 250 kb. A better approach is to upload them to Imgur and link to them. See here for instructions, although don't use Photbucket unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Hello, Cormanus, I tried that, but no dice, Do I have to have a certain post number before I can post pictures?
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018 05:55 PM by Luge.)
04-06-2018 05:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luge Offline
Break-In Period

Spring Hill, TN. USA
From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018 06:29 PM by Luge.)
04-06-2018 06:14 PM
Arctic cb1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

Alaska
some people have opted to keep their center stand on but it does require a slight modification for the stop and for ease of service but I have swingarm stands I use to service my bikes. I did also shed close to 20 lbs from my bike after changing the exhaust, bars and removing the center stand but I did also install a fenda extenda on my front fender to help protect the head pipes
04-06-2018 07:10 PM
Luge Offline
Break-In Period

Spring Hill, TN. USA
Thanks for the info Bro!, was the fender extension for dirt type roads?...Being you are from Alaska, I can see the need, Here in TN we have decent roads on the highway, Just asking? Me personally, I have been a off road racer in my younger years, But now I have slowed down,...I raced the Mid South in TN and raced one National Enduro here in TN back in 2007....It was at West point......In Lawrence county TN..I rode KTM's, 300 XCW two smoke.. I raced the senior C class at that race, There was 60 people in my class that day, I came in 10th....My first enduro race, What was cool was the Factory KTM team was there, thats why I even rode to start with!..Just to be around those guys!..The Pros rode 70 miles, me being in the senior C class I rode 50 miles,The Pro's were back to the truck after riding 70 miles around the same time as me riding 50 miles!....
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018 08:24 PM by Luge.)
04-06-2018 07:50 PM
Arctic cb1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

Alaska
(04-06-2018 07:50 PM)Luge Wrote:  Thanks for the info Bro!, was the fender extension for dirt type roads?...Being you are from Alaska, I can see the need, Here in TN we have decent roads, Just asking?
that is exactly what the extenda is for but even though I'm in AK my cb only comes out on the nicest days when the roads are clean and dry I have 3800 miles on it now and it's never even been in the rain before! fortunately I'm lucky to have a couple other bikes I choose to ride in the spring and fall or when the weather might be questionable but the extenda looks very subtle and clean and helps to prevent rock chips or any other road grime that looks much more noticeable when it gets on the black pipes! you can hardly even notice the extenda!İmage

(04-06-2018 06:14 PM)Luge Wrote:  From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
that's funny you bring up the cb919 and it's performance abilities! I happen. to also have 07 919 in the stable!!İmage

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2018 08:15 PM by Arctic cb1100.)
04-06-2018 08:10 PM
Luge Offline
Break-In Period

Spring Hill, TN. USA
(04-06-2018 08:10 PM)Arctic cb1100 Wrote:  
(04-06-2018 07:50 PM)Luge Wrote:  Thanks for the info Bro!, was the fender extension for dirt type roads?...Being you are from Alaska, I can see the need, Here in TN we have decent roads, Just asking?
that is exactly what the extenda is for but even though I'm in AK my cb only comes out on the nicest days when the roads are clean and dry I have 3800 miles on it now and it's never even been in the rain before! fortunately I'm lucky to have a couple other bikes I choose to ride in the spring and fall or when the weather might be questionable but the extenda looks very subtle and clean and helps to prevent rock chips or any other road grime that looks much more noticeable when it gets on the black pipes! you can hardly even notice the extenda!İmage
You are seriously hurting my feelings about selling my 919..I loved that bike!..It was a divorce find! it had 1500 miles on it when I purchased it!...I hope the 1100 will be as good of a machine?...

(04-06-2018 06:14 PM)Luge Wrote:  From reading all the post on this forum, there seems to be some issues of dragging the Yoshimura full system, with spirited riding styles, I weigh 235 pounds, So I want to shave all the pounds I can off my 14 std, I have stock suspension, I am more inclined to wheelie a bike than scrape the peg feelers, My last 2007 Honda 919 was a great machine, easy Yoshi slip fit pipe, and easy to wheelie, I know that now that I am over 50 years old, I should not be doing Evil Kneival tricks..The CB 1100 might not take the abuse of wheelies like the 919....But sometimes I just can't resist!
that's funny you bring up the cb919 and it's performance abilities! I happen. to also have 07 919 in the stable!!İmage

04-06-2018 08:35 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Hey Luge. I don't think you need a set number of posts to be able to post photos. It is a bit convoluted, though.

1. In New Reply, click on "Choose File" under the attachments heading.
2. Select the image file you want.
3. Click on "Add Attachment" after which the screen will refresh and you'll see the file name of the attachment under the "Choose File" button.
4. Click on "Insert into post".
5. When you're ready, post the reply and the images should appear.
04-06-2018 10:54 PM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
Cormanus, new member intros frequently have pics so no minimum required.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
04-07-2018 03:45 AM
chandler Offline
1st Service Completed

Atlanta, GA
(04-03-2018 08:02 PM)COCB1100 Wrote:  I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey COCB1100,
Totally off subject, but what kind of seat is that? Looks awesome.

2013 Honda CB1100

2013 CB1100
04-21-2018 04:18 AM
COCB1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
(04-21-2018 04:18 AM)chandler Wrote:  
(04-03-2018 08:02 PM)COCB1100 Wrote:  I didn’t have any dings or dents in mine when I got it. Also, in response to the other post regarding the red decal on the pipe, it’s not riveted on. It is a metallic sticker that I took off because I found it garish.

Hey COCB1100,
Totally off subject, but what kind of seat is that? Looks awesome.

2013 Honda CB1100

It’s a K&H seat from Japan via Samurider. Super comfortable... like all day comfortable and in my opinion looks much nicer than the factory seat also.

04-21-2018 07:35 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Good story, Ferret. I had something sim . . .peterbaron — 02:10 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
I could just as easily buy a complete . . .The ferret — 02:09 PM