Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just found out about these bikes
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
RE: Just found out about these bikes
While I really liked the stock seat from the perspective of comfort and looks, I was longing for a lower seat height so that I could get a bit more leverage while flat footing the bike on uneven surfaces and so forth. So I opted for the seat that comes with the CB1100 in the Japanese market when I modified my CB1100. As someone pointed out to me, the seats are not hard at all to swap out on these bikes.

If you should end up choosing to go with an aftermarket seat then you could have your stock seat modified and cut down to provide a lower seat height for your wife and then swap out the seats when she wanted to take the bike out for a ride. Alternatively, if you end up sticking with the stock seat, then you might consider ordering the factory Japan model seat for your wife to use..

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
04-17-2018 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrabOn Offline
Break-In Period

Pasadena, CA
(04-16-2018 09:12 AM)rad4christ Wrote:  Thanks guys! I'm 6'3", and I had a ton of helmet whistle from a windscreen on a previous bike, so I'm riding this one naked until I feel I need fairing/screen. I can tell already the seat isn't the most comfortable, but I'll stick with it to "break it in" first. I liked the Corbin as it spread the weight/pressure out a bit, and I'm leaning into it. Didn't know if there were any alternatives. Looks like importing is almost exclusively how you get gear for this bike.

I have NO idea what RLET is, and I don't have a heavy desire to change the look or feel of the bike. I just know sometimes with certain models there are small quality of life improvements to be made to help. I think I'll be getting a grab bar or OEM rear rack, but not off the bat.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, it's the first bike I've ever bought for myself! Outside of bikes I grew up on, I've been borrowing bikes from friends and family to ride, and this is the first (street) bike I've owned.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'm looking forward to continuing and sharing my love affair for this bike.

Great choice and welcome! For Mods, i made a number of them but the biggest bang for my buck was the Power Commander V with an aftermarket header.

As for a seat, I have one for sale (shameless plug), it's a K&H mid seat which works for tall riders (I'm short) and has really firm padding.
You can see pics here - https://imgur.com/a/ZAwCf

Enjoy, it's a great bike!

2013 Honda CB1100A - Power Commander 5, Yoshi exhaust, fairing, rear fender elimination, much billet, new bars, custom seat, yada, yada,
1978 Honda CB750F
04-17-2018 04:09 PM
troy Offline
New To The Forum

Yellowknife
Just found out about these bikes
Congrats on the new bike
I have put a pipe masters four into four exhaust
On my 2016 and it made the bike sound a lot better.
And a set a highway pegs ,I’m 6 foot one , it made for a more comfortable ride.
The new exhaust gives it roughly 6 more horsepower but I wanted them for the looks as well as the performance
I would prefer flat seat more than a dish seat that came with it . My 1977 Cbc 750 k had a flat profile
And it was perfect for long rides as you could stretch out your legs and move further back on it
There is a guy in California who can take the speed limiter and the rev limiter and adjust them for more speed and more rpm
İmageİmage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-18-2018 12:06 AM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I found the handlegrips on my Hondas to be too small in diameter and hard. The result was hand cramps within an hour. That spoiled the ride. The least expensive and most rewarding accessory I bought was a pair of Grip Puppies. These slide-on foam handlegrip covers are available on Amazon. Make sure you buy the ones sold by Grip Puppies, not some cheap dealer imitations.

The other thing that really made my ride more enjoyable was 3M E-A-Rsoft Yellow Neon Earplugs. They are a very soft foam, easy to install, comfortable all day, won't pop out, and really cut the wind noise down to a pleasant level. They are also available on Amazon. I bought 200 pair for $40.

The For Sale section here is the best place to get a deal on the more expensive accessories. I bought engine guards, and a tall and softer seat from forum members there.

2017 CB1100 EX
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2018 06:46 AM by Nortoon.)
04-18-2018 06:45 AM
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
Welcome Rad! Have you heard about the Berea Rally coming up next month? There will be lots of seats to try. Cool

Definitely RLETs. Tongue

N

“It is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
04-19-2018 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rad4christ Offline
Break-In Period

South Carolina
I saw it, but I have too many commitments this summer and not enough time off!
04-19-2018 11:20 AM
mechanic58 Offline
Break-In Period

Lake Wylie, SC
(04-16-2018 07:15 AM)rad4christ Wrote:  Went shopping this weekend for an HD Sportster, came home with a 2014 CB1100.

I hadn't seen or heard of these before Saturday, and after seeing it, I couldn't walk away. Less than 900 miles on it, and as far as I can tell, completely stock.

Anyway, I've spent the last 24 hours looking on this forum at threads regarding the bike, and it's only bolstered my feeling I made the right choice. Well, riding it was all I needed to justify the purchase!

One question, any definitive modifications or changes to this bike that seem to improve anything? And if I want a better seat, what recommendations. I read about the Corbin, but it seems I'm getting the feeling it's not very comfortable, or at least, soft.

Where in SC are you? This same scenario played out with me. I saw a guy on one in Mt Holly, NC last sunday...went and bought a brand new one this morning. I couldn’t believe they existed!

2014 CB1100/A
2005 Harley Davidson Sportster 883C
05-11-2018 08:10 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Mr. P: Sounds like another situation th . . .GoldOxide — 05:42 AM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition