Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bar end mirrors, advantageous?
greekcb Offline
1st Service Completed

SOUTHSIDE! Chicago burbs
RE: Bar end mirrors, advantageous?
I installed CRG bar end mirrors on my stock bars and actually had a machine shop mill the weights down so i could clamp the mirrors right to the weights. I did the mirrors mostly for looks because i just dont like the lollipops but i can tell you that the CRG mirrors give great vision still and are absolutely clear as can be, no blur. My royal enfield has them as well and if that bike cant get them to shake then nothing will. I also do have Rox riser extensions so the mirrors are up a couple inches which made it a bit of a better field of vision. In all honesty though, i like the lollipops the best for high up view and they dont get blocked out my my shoulders. I also dont look down at them like bar end mirrorss. But the CRG setup works fine for me and looks a billion times better.
04-20-2018 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
I have the mirrors for safety and not for looks.
04-20-2018 01:53 PM
greekcb Offline
1st Service Completed

SOUTHSIDE! Chicago burbs
(04-20-2018 01:53 PM)Houtman Wrote:  I have the mirrors for safety and not for looks.

Im glad mine do both
04-20-2018 03:04 PM
misterprofessionality Offline
Road Warrior

Charleston, SC, USA
(04-20-2018 01:37 PM)greekcb Wrote:  I installed CRG bar end mirrors on my stock bars and actually had a machine shop mill the weights down so i could clamp the mirrors right to the weights. I did the mirrors mostly for looks because i just dont like the lollipops but i can tell you that the CRG mirrors give great vision still and are absolutely clear as can be, no blur. My royal enfield has them as well and if that bike cant get them to shake then nothing will. I also do have Rox riser extensions so the mirrors are up a couple inches which made it a bit of a better field of vision. In all honesty though, i like the lollipops the best for high up view and they dont get blocked out my my shoulders. I also dont look down at them like bar end mirrorss. But the CRG setup works fine for me and looks a billion times better.

If you had to pick based solely on overall visibility, would you chose the lollipops or the bar ends?
04-20-2018 03:33 PM
greekcb Offline
1st Service Completed

SOUTHSIDE! Chicago burbs
(04-20-2018 03:33 PM)misterprofessionality Wrote:  
(04-20-2018 01:37 PM)greekcb Wrote:  I installed CRG bar end mirrors on my stock bars and actually had a machine shop mill the weights down so i could clamp the mirrors right to the weights. I did the mirrors mostly for looks because i just dont like the lollipops but i can tell you that the CRG mirrors give great vision still and are absolutely clear as can be, no blur. My royal enfield has them as well and if that bike cant get them to shake then nothing will. I also do have Rox riser extensions so the mirrors are up a couple inches which made it a bit of a better field of vision. In all honesty though, i like the lollipops the best for high up view and they dont get blocked out my my shoulders. I also dont look down at them like bar end mirrorss. But the CRG setup works fine for me and looks a billion times better.

If you had to pick based solely on overall visibility, would you chose the lollipops or the bar ends?

Actual visibility id say easily bar ends because they stick out further. Only downside id say is the bar end is gonna be smaller and down lower. So, its one of those things where it has a good/bad situation either way(to me). Looking down might not be a big deal though to some people etc. I do have to say that i like the lollipops for more of an "ease" to look at but by no means do they show me more etc. The "downsides" part to me though are very minor in comparison to the bar end mod itself etc. Im happy with it and wouldn't change that if i had to do over.
04-20-2018 04:06 PM
misterprofessionality Offline
Road Warrior

Charleston, SC, USA
(04-20-2018 04:06 PM)greekcb Wrote:  Im happy with it and wouldn't change that if i had to do over.

Thanks greek.

Final follow up if you please: what kind of risers/bars do you have?
04-20-2018 06:58 PM
greekcb Offline
1st Service Completed

SOUTHSIDE! Chicago burbs
Bar end mirrors, advantageous?
(04-20-2018 06:58 PM)misterprofessionality Wrote:  
(04-20-2018 04:06 PM)greekcb Wrote:  Im happy with it and wouldn't change that if i had to do over.

Thanks greek.

Final follow up if you please: what kind of risers/bars do you have?

Sure no prob , I am running stock bars with Rox riser extensions (2inch) . This def put the bar ends in better view since they moved up. I also have the bar ends orientated with the clamps swiveled down , if you swivel up it’ll raise their position .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-20-2018 07:02 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,752

Full Statistics

>