Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 in 1 Filter Wrench, 17mm Magnetic Drain Bolt, OEM Oil Filter, Crush Washers?
LordWasr Offline
Break-In Period

Orange County
RE: 3 in 1 Filter Wrench, 17mm Magnetic Drain Bolt, OEM Oil Filter, Crush Washers?
Noted, thank you Thumbs UpThumbs Up

(04-22-2018 06:48 PM)Aussieflyer Wrote:  
(04-22-2018 06:37 PM)LordWasr Wrote:  Woot Woot !!! Quick question, if I take the gas tank off should I wait til I have 1 bar left? The reason is because I'm installing the battery tender quick dissconect chord & also the adapter for a USB . I was thinking to run the iPhone cable underneath the gas tank and pop the charger out in middle. I saw a video on how to take the tank off where you unplug 2 tubes but not sure on what to do if there's still gas in the tank lol.

Thanks in advance !!

The fuel line connector automatically prevents any fuel leaking when it's disconnected. You will only spill a tiny amount that is in the line. Other than the additional weight of more fuel in the tank you can remove the tank whenever you like. I prefer to do it whilst it is as empty as possible because it's easy to manage the lighter it is.
04-22-2018 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
RE: 3 in 1 Filter Wrench, 17mm Magnetic Drain Bolt, OEM Oil Filter, Crush Washers?
(04-22-2018 07:17 AM)PowerDubs Wrote:  Although I have filter cap tools to fit just about any size- I don't use them any more.

I have had several times that I end up fighting with an oily messy used filter to get it back out of the cap.

I purchashed a set of filter pliers a few years ago and love them. Like these-

https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-garage...141500_0_0

Also something else learned from years of working on stuff- I now use a tq wrench on a lot of things when I never did as a kid. And yea- there was times I had to deal with stripped stuff.

It is pretty common on cars for shop monkeys to strip the oil pan plugs. If you have never wrenched on anything before, take the time to do it right and start with good habits instead of learning by mistake.
I use this plier to get the old filter of , they work better than anything else. Than I use the Honda filter cap to put the new filter on and always torque bolt and filter.
04-23-2018 05:19 AM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(04-22-2018 07:17 AM)PowerDubs Wrote:  Although I have filter cap tools to fit just about any size- I don't use them any more.

I have had several times that I end up fighting with an oily messy used filter to get it back out of the cap.

I found those pliars to be the cats meow on my 13 where I had to come in from the side, but prefer the filter cap on my 14 where I come in from the front between the pipes.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
04-23-2018 09:09 AM
MMC Online
Running Like a Top

Fountain Valley California
3 in 1 Filter Wrench, 17mm Magnetic Drain Bolt, OEM Oil Filter, Crush Washers?
(04-23-2018 09:09 AM)The ferret Wrote:  

I found those pliars to be the cats meow on my 13 where I had to come in from the side, but prefer the filter cap on my 14 where I come in from the front between the pipes.

I can usually get the filter off by hand. If not I have a rubber strap type wrench thing that does the job. I always put filter on by hand only, NEVER had one leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-23-2018 09:38 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(04-22-2018 06:37 PM)LordWasr Wrote:  Woot Woot !!! Quick question, if I take the gas tank off should I wait til I have 1 bar left? The reason is because I'm installing the battery tender quick dissconect chord & also the adapter for a USB . I was thinking to run the iPhone cable underneath the gas tank and pop the charger out in middle. I saw a video on how to take the tank off where you unplug 2 tubes but not sure on what to do if there's still gas in the tank lol.

Thanks in advance !!

The fuel line connector automatically prevents any fuel leaking when it's disconnected. You will only spill a tiny amount that is in the line. Other than the additional weight of more fuel in the tank you can remove the tank whenever you like. I prefer to do it whilst it is as empty as possible because it's easy to manage the lighter it is.

But you don’t need to remove the tank to run the USB cable. Just removing the bolt at the rear and lifting the tank slightly will allow you to get the cable above the heat shield.
04-23-2018 01:20 PM
LordWasr Offline
Break-In Period

Orange County
Noted , I will do that instead ! haha

(04-23-2018 01:20 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  

Thanks in advance !!

But you don’t need to remove the tank to run the USB cable. Just removing the bolt at the rear and lifting the tank slightly will allow you to get the cable above the heat shield.
04-23-2018 03:54 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Just think about this scenario.... You . . .Gone in 60 — 01:28 PM
that's how i was about my ducati sport c . . .m in sc — 01:20 PM