Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CTX1300
ingobohn Offline
Running Like a Top

Germany
RE: CTX1300
I must admit that I am not so into such kinda bikes like the Valkyrie, but I am a bit puzzled now. What is the difference between the F6B and the F6C? Only the style? B = bagger, C = cruiser? The rest (engine, bodywork, ...) is the same?
11-23-2013 02:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
If you google Honda F6c you will see pictures of the old version Valkrie which had the 1500 flat 6 motor

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:31 AM by The ferret.)
11-23-2013 07:30 AM
bubblerboy64 Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
I think it makes a lot of sense for Honda to release a new Valkyrie it's just a small change from the 6Fb. At least Honda is doing something with their bikes for 2014. It's not going to affect the collectibility of the Rune one bit. Looks nothing like it only similarity is the engine. Ill be looking forward to seeing these new machines in the showrooms come March.

Winter hasn't started and I've had enough already.

My bikes: Honda CTX700 DCT ABS, 2012 Vespa GTV300,2012 Harley Sportster custom, 2010 Bonneville SE
11-25-2013 11:05 AM
Foolardi
Unregistered

(11-25-2013 11:05 AM)bubblerboy64 Wrote:  I think it makes a lot of sense for Honda to release a new Valkyrie it's just a small change from the 6Fb. At least Honda is doing something with their bikes for 2014. It's not going to affect the collectibility of the Rune one bit. Looks nothing like it only similarity is the engine. Ill be looking forward to seeing these new machines in the showrooms come March.

Winter hasn't started and I've had enough already.

Yer totally off base.First off what they are calling a Valkyrie is
complete marketing.Meaning a gimmick.What they are calling
a new Valkyrie is basically the exact same model as the F6B.
Plus Honda did go public and state that with Their first and
only CUSTOM model the Rune,it would mark the end of the
Valkyrie.
I think that since the F6B was failing big time and they needed
to use whatever production machinery they had in place to
keep production from coming to a standstill,they just added some
plastic crap to make the otherwise Goldwing bagger appear like
an all new bike.However I could be wrong.
My Rune does share the same Goldwing engine { with hotter cam }
But I'm not sure about the frames except they are both aluminum.
Outside of the engine,the Rune is practically a completely different bike.
The engine doesn't even share the same number of injectors.
11-25-2013 12:13 PM
Quote this message in a reply
The Spaceman Offline
Road Warrior

First Amendment Street
(11-22-2013 09:15 PM)Foolardi Wrote:  I take it you mean the F6B.Dammit to hell.I just checked the
Honda site and they did it.son-of-a-cuss.The Rune was supposed to
be the LAST of the Valkyrie.That was a small selling point.
I traded my Honda Valkyrie Tourer model on the new Rune in
2003.It was a 2004 model than came out in summer of 2003.
Now they went and did it.Came back with a New Valkyrie model.
I'm not a spoiler but I hope it doesn't sell.Just because Honda
betrayed all Rune buyers.Honda declared the Rune as the Last of
the Valkyrie line.I'm gonna give Honda of Japan a good piece of my mind,is what.I Have the only Rune in my neck of Kentucky.In fact the
dealer that sold me my CB 1100 { Louisville } never got a Rune.

Would you say that Honda Runed your plans?

Go hagofuku yourself.
11-25-2013 12:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bubblerboy64 Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
Please explain to me how my opinion is "totally off base" when it's supported by the fact that Honda is producing the bike? Just because you don't happen to agree with me is no reason to disrespect my position.

I understand your being sore at Honda but I've got no dog in the fight other then I like the fact that they are offering a choice.

I agree that there isn't a lot of difference between the Wing derivatives but better then NONE. It makes complete sense for Honda to "use" what they have to better their market share. Tell me a motorcycle manufacturer who doesn't do exactly what Honda is doing.

If you want a totally custom bike you have to buy one. Even the Rune is not a custom bike all be it it's as close as any one that I can think of.

Honda saying they would not make another Valkyrie and then doing so is between you and Honda but frankly do you think they care? And does it matter? I don't think so but that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it regardless Clap

My bikes: Honda CTX700 DCT ABS, 2012 Vespa GTV300,2012 Harley Sportster custom, 2010 Bonneville SE
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 01:04 PM by bubblerboy64.)
11-25-2013 01:02 PM
The Spaceman Offline
Road Warrior

First Amendment Street
Did Honda really say they'd NEVER produce another Valkyrie? I googled it but couldn't find anything. However, there were some interesting posts; apparently a lot of people have been expecting this for some time. Here's one from 2009 about making a new Valk based on the GW:

http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/index.php?topic=9950.0

If you look at it long enough, you can see some Rune design elements in the new Valkyrie. Obviously nothing as radical as the Rune was, but the same long, low look with the big-ass motor and deep seat etc. I guess it would have to look a little like it since they're based on the same, quite unique engine and drive train.

Go hagofuku yourself.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 09:29 AM by The Spaceman.)
11-25-2013 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lunatic Fringe Offline
Break-In Period

Northern California
I don't understand the idea that the Valkyrie is not far off from the f6b. The valk is something totally different as it's lighter, the brakes aren't linked, obviously no bags/fairing, pegs are higher and the front wheel is larger. I think the current 1800 is a worthy engine to be put into a power cruiser style bike. There is no need for honda to recreate the old chrome encrusted 1500 valkyrie style. It's a new day and I like the new valk.

2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK

2007 Honda VFR800
12-13-2013 11:07 PM
thumper Offline
Running Like a Top

Bakersfield, CA.
(11-25-2013 12:13 PM)Foolardi Wrote:  Yer totally off base.First off what they are calling a Valkyrie is
complete marketing.Meaning a gimmick.What they are calling
a new Valkyrie is basically the exact same model as the F6B.

Of course it's "marketing." Honda is in the business to make money by selling products. Honda's marketing people are part of the process that makes that happen. So Honda tweaked the Goldwing into the F6B, and then tweaked it a little more for the Valkyrie. I'm guessing their marketing people have done research, which suggests the new Valkyrie will sell. Sometimes that research is right (Grom) and sometimes it's wrong (VFR1200F).

It's their company, and it's their money. So they can do what they want with it. If we (the customers) don't like what Honda offers us, then they'll soon know about it as those bikes gather dust on showroom floors.

We don't get to dictate what Honda builds, or what Honda names their products. But, we do get to vote with our money. I'm guessing you'll be one "No" vote for the new Valkyrie (it's not for me either).

***ATGATT--Because if you crash, the world is your belt sander***
[size=x-small][color=#000000]The Stable--[/color][color=#0000CD]TEx[/color],[color=#FF0000]CB11A[/color],[color=#32CD32]ZX6R[/color][/size]
12-14-2013 11:20 AM
bubblerboy64 Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
Some of this can't be debated much until the bikes hit the dealerships in March or April. I am just glad that Honda is introducing some new stuff for us to "evaluate". I may or may not be buying. More likely not but I am glad to see something that at least makes the blood run warmer.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 09:57 AM by bubblerboy64.)
12-21-2013 09:57 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
It's fun to read all these comments... . . .peterbaron — 07:18 AM
It's fun to read all these comments...ma . . .pdedse — 06:56 AM