Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 2.93 Average
Todays weather
jchoby Offline
1st Service Completed

Ohio
RE: Todays weather
I'm 55ish miles north of Ferret….my weather is pretty much the same. I was only able to put 130 miles on it before having to put it on the battery tender for the winter…. Is it spring yet?
12-08-2013 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(12-08-2013 10:12 AM)Scoobynut Wrote:  I live in Dickinson, North Dakota. From today's forecast:

'Increasing clouds and cold, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -30. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.'

Believe it or not, today's forecast indicates a warm-up. Overnight low on Friday was -25, with wind chill values of about -45. Sad I filled up my car with gas on Saturday morning and the hose for the pump was so stiff and frozen it was free-standing. It was hard to get the nozzle in the filler because the hose had no flexibility. A little bit of gas was leaking from the joint near the handle, I suppose because everything had contracted so much. When I got back in my car my face was throbbing as the blood returned to it.

It goes without saying I am pro-global warming, but I have my doubts it is happening, at least where I live. Big Grin

Good golly man...how do you take that?

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
12-08-2013 10:55 AM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
(12-08-2013 10:55 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Good golly man...how do you take that?

It is pretty brutal. It's probably no coincidence that N. Dakota is #1 in per capita beer consumption. Beer
12-08-2013 11:02 AM
OldF7Guy Offline
Running Like a Top

I got up this morning in central Kentucky to find a nice 1/4 sheet of ice all over everything. We had freezing rain overnight with temps in the teens. My truck is froze up (since it sits outside) and I cant even get the door open. I guess I am stuck here all day. High temp this week is only going to be just above freezing. I will take a foot of snow anyday because this ice just sucks. Angry

(12-08-2013 10:12 AM)Scoobynut Wrote:  I live in Dickinson, North Dakota. From today's forecast:

'Increasing clouds and cold, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -30. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.'

Believe it or not, today's forecast indicates a warm-up. Overnight low on Friday was -25, with wind chill values of about -45. Sad I filled up my car with gas on Saturday morning and the hose for the pump was so stiff and frozen it was free-standing. It was hard to get the nozzle in the filler because the hose had no flexibility. A little bit of gas was leaking from the joint near the handle, I suppose because everything had contracted so much. When I got back in my car my face was throbbing as the blood returned to it.

It goes without saying I am pro-global warming, but I have my doubts it is happening, at least where I live. Big Grin

Jeez.... Now that is cold. How in the world do you guys get cars, trucks, tractors ect to even start in those temps??? Talk about needing a hot battery. Does everything up there have a block heater?

2003 Honda 750 Nighthawk
2013 Honda CB1100
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 11:13 AM by OldF7Guy.)
12-08-2013 11:08 AM
Capo Offline
High Mileage

Sea Girt, New Jersey USA
Our first snow of the season here at the Jersey Shore. Kinda nice though, cozy, watching some football, reading and forum-ing. Rode for about an hour yesterday, and looking forward to the NYC Motorcycle Show this Friday.

No more CB, but a GB.
Triumphs and Ducatis.
A Norton, MV, and Morini 175.
Probably others.
12-08-2013 11:20 AM
Mike Bee Offline
1st Service Completed

Oregon, USA
(12-08-2013 08:28 AM)Guth Wrote:  It has been uncharacteristically cold here in Oregon lately, setting a series of cold temperature records. Here in Portland we're predicted to reach a high near freezing today. No riding for me, but I am heading out to go steelhead fishing.

Here in Woodburn it's 17 degrees f. We're setting some temp. records here in the Willamette valley. Canada is bleeding artic air into Oregon. Picked up my Beemer from the shop yesterday - it was 29-30. Bought a silk balaclava - those things really work!

~ The Bee
12-08-2013 11:43 AM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
JIIINXXXX Ferret!
I just got back in from snow blowing 6" of snow, which started right after this post of yours :-(
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 03:22 PM by HikerToo.)
12-08-2013 03:13 PM
cbdtran Offline
Running Like a Top

San Diego, CA
mid 50s at 2PM, mid 40s or lower at 7PM in San Diego

I don't have winter riding gear, too cold in summer pant at night. I don't see any motorcycle in the last few weeks.
12-08-2013 03:17 PM
cbfan Offline
1st Service Completed

Texas
Not sure about the weather outside but the weather in my brain is foggy.............Christmas party last night with open bar.
But this national cold front has made it all the way to the Texas Hill country and its unusually cold.
12-08-2013 03:50 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
Updated forecast:

CLEAR and STILL.

CLEAR up to your a$$ and STILL coming down. Big Grin

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
12-08-2013 03:51 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
2024 East Coast Rally - Official Thread
Folks: I just heard back from the Comfo . . .The A-man — 11:35 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
it is a great bike, no doubt. its legiti . . .m in sc — 11:32 AM
This Jacket Doesn't Exist...
In a thread a while back, I mentioned a . . .Gone in 60 — 11:30 AM
2024 East Coast Rally - Official Thread
Good afternoon all, Well, the East . . .TooSlo — 09:15 AM
The OEM rack "How To" thread doesn't match t...
Reviving a necro thread, 'cause there' . . .TooSlo — 09:06 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
Tube tires are well used on the Africa T . . .GoldOxide — 08:27 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
I literally, yesterday, put on a T32. br . . .m in sc — 07:52 AM
2021 Guzzi V7 Special
TooSlo, you really dig in this forum t . . .TooSlo — 07:17 AM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,990