Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
RE: Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel
(01-18-2014 06:13 AM)HondaJon Wrote:  I ran the snot out of her yesterday with the TSR map and to be honest, I can't tell any difference vs. the pre-loaded one.
CB4ME, you should be OK with either the TSR one or the stocker. TSR adds some fuel to 6 cells, but other than that, no change.

I want to order those TSR stacks, but I really need some English instructions. The install looks pretty involved and I only want to do it once. Google translate only goes so far.

Going to ask Mr. T. if he can make that happen.

Jon - if you add those intakes your bike is going to be the hottest bike out there ----- short of high compression pistons, racing camshafts, or other radical (super expensive) engine mods.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
01-18-2014 08:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smiler Offline
1st Service Completed

U.K
Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel
(12-29-2013 06:28 AM)CB4ME Wrote:  
(12-23-2013 06:19 AM)Smiler Wrote:  Had my custom map done today, K-Factory 4-1 exhaust with free flow baffle, TSR inlet funnel, PCV

Really happy with the results 97.18hp, 70.39 ft lbs of torque

Bill

Bill - thanks for sharing your setup and results. Are you running a K&N or stock air filter? I'm assuming the K-Factory full exhaust doesn't have a catalytic converter. I'd be interested in your riding impressions. Your results are impressive.

Jon - that's a messed up deal with your dyno run. I'd asked for a free re-do performed by their top tech or all your money back.

I assume the 97 hp run was not at optimized mapping? Keep us informed and good luck on the next dyno run.

Sorry for the delay Sad

I'm running a stock air filter, TSR intake funnel, the k factory exhaust has the full flow baffle fitted, with no catalytic converter....... There is a lot of popping from the exhaust on overrun something I was keen to keep after the Dyno tune, that's the sound I remember from the old CB's with the Harris and Alpha exhaust fitted.

The exhaust alone transformed the performance of the bike, fitting the full flow baffle further increase top end power, no noticeable increase when fitting the TSR funnel but the exhaust note had a rasp to it Smile fitting the power commander and having the custom map has made throttle response sooooooo much better, can't wait for spring to arrive and get back out on her....

Will be fitting the intake funnels in the summer, although my Dyno man recon's they won't add any further power

(12-29-2013 10:33 AM)HikerToo Wrote:  
(12-29-2013 08:42 AM)HondaJon Wrote:  Just got a reply from the shop owner. He is going to tune the bike himself.

I guess I should be glad the pre-loaded map will work given my mods. The tech did sau it was close but a little lean up top.

I am still baffled on how this happened. I think the speed sensor really threw him off.

Smiler, can you post your map? I'd really like to see what yours looks like.

Also for Ferret, the fourm will not allow me to a attach .PCM file. Do you think you could change that?
Try changing the file extension to one it will upload, maybe .pdf, .txt, .jpg, etc.

Again sorry for the late reply Sad

Have recently moved house and with the serve weather we are experiencing here I've had my hands full, but when things calm down ill plug the laptop in and download the custom map for all view

Bill
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 02:44 PM by Smiler.)
01-22-2014 02:40 PM
lola Offline
Running Like a Top

Los Angeles,Ca
Both final runs for both power and Tq .

Tuner did an amazing job smoothing the power on the cb.

Mods: motogpwerks full system / TSR Funnel / k&N Filter

[font=Arial][color=#FF0000]money pit[/color][/font]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014 10:10 PM by lola.)
01-28-2014 12:20 PM
d33J Offline
New To The Forum

FL
Old thread, quick post because these things aren't exactly readily available. TSR funnel + K&N available on eBay. Respectively:

- http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSR-Air-Intake-F...dd&vxp=mtr

- http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-Air-Filter-H...f0&vxp=mtr

Please pardon the interruption!
09-12-2014 02:34 PM
ClassicVW Offline
High Mileage

New Jersey, USA
Both you and the ebayer are from Florida. Are you one and the same by any chance?

--George
[i]"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day that you find out why" [/i]-- Mark Twain
09-12-2014 03:12 PM
HondaJon Offline
Running Like a Top

Riverview FL
I never re-dyno'ed the bike. Dyno shop went out of business, plus I have not re-flashed the ECU to remove the top speed limitation. PC V with TSR map (no autotune) does fine for me.

Seat of the pants tells all. She runs great.

I also sent the four TSR velocity stacks back to Mr. T. Too much work to install them for what would most likely be a very nominal gain.

If I want stupid levels of speed, I just hop on the B-King.

2013 CB 1100:
Motogear Cat Free Titanium Header
TSR Air Funnel
Staintune Muffler
Power Commander V (running TSR map)
K&N air filter
Argas fork brace
Dart Flyscreen
K&H seat
Honda chrome grab bar
Baren Classic Mirrors

2008 Suzuki B-King: