Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Exhaust canister
Inline4 Offline
(aka Plungerhead)

Memphis, TN area
Exhaust canister
I recall someone on advrider.com had posted in the CB1100 thread that they had ordered a Staintune exhaust canister for their 1100.
Was that person also a member here? Just wondering if they have received it yet and what they thought about it.
SURELY if it was a cb1100forum.com member they would have posted/bragged about it! Big Grin
Even though I want to install SS brake lines and a lower, sportier handlebar on my 1100, an exhaust with some "grunt" is what I want to be my first farkle.
Anyone here?
Jim
04-30-2013 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
RE: Exhaust canister
Check out this thread on the UK board. http://www.cb1100.co.uk/index.php/topic,159.0.html

It has some pics and a video. May not be a Staintune, but you might find it interesting.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
04-30-2013 05:18 PM
Inline4 Offline
(aka Plungerhead)

Memphis, TN area
Yea, that TADAO pipe definitely growls with attitude!!!!!
Haven't seen/heard that clip before. Hmmmm, the price seems right too. Heart
04-30-2013 05:24 PM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
That was me! No bragging yet, though, as I haven't received it yet. The exhaust arrived at the dealer (Sturgis Yamaha/BMW) last week, and they said they would ship it to me this week -- I live about 200 miles from Sturgis. In any event, I'm not picking my bike up 'til this weekend so I haven't worried about the Staintune too much. I'll install it as soon as I get a free evening and let you know how I like it. Will post some pics too. Hopefully my kid can show me how to make a soundclip for anyone that's interested. Wink

(04-30-2013 04:50 PM)Inline4 Wrote:  I recall someone on advrider.com had posted in the CB1100 thread that they had ordered a Staintune exhaust canister for their 1100.
Was that person also a member here? Just wondering if they have received it yet and what they thought about it.
SURELY if it was a cb1100forum.com member they would have posted/bragged about it! Big Grin
Even though I want to install SS brake lines and a lower, sportier handlebar on my 1100, an exhaust with some "grunt" is what I want to be my first farkle.
Anyone here?
Jim
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 10:11 AM by Scoobynut.)
05-01-2013 10:10 AM
Inline4 Offline
(aka Plungerhead)

Memphis, TN area
That's great John; can't wait to get your feedback on it!
Hell, what am I talkin' about??????????????
Poor guy...you haven't even taken delivery of your CB yet!
It must be tough waiting for it; hopefully you haven't lost TOO much sleep. Big Grin
Jim
05-01-2013 10:25 AM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
(05-01-2013 10:25 AM)Inline4 Wrote:  That's great John; can't wait to get your feedback on it!
Hell, what am I talkin' about??????????????
Poor guy...you haven't even taken delivery of your CB yet!
It must be tough waiting for it; hopefully you haven't lost TOO much sleep. Big Grin
Jim

Yeah, it's kind of crazy, but my bike has been at the dealer for about 5 weeks now. Basically a combination of cold, snowy weather, and being otherwise occupied on the few nice days we've had up 'til now. That and my dealer is a 100 miles away...

Funny thing -- a lot of nights when I get into bed I think of the CB11 and drift off thinking about it, so in an odd way, it's been helping me get to sleep!

Anyways, will post up some feedback as soon as I have the exhaust installed on the bike.
05-01-2013 10:42 AM
redReno Offline
1st Service Completed

Fallbrook, CA
(05-01-2013 10:42 AM)Scoobynut Wrote:  Funny thing -- a lot of nights when I get into bed I think of the CB11 and drift off thinking about it, so in an odd way, it's been helping me get to sleep!
Anyways, will post up some feedback as soon as I have the exhaust installed on the bike.

I couldn't wait a week to get my bike Blush I wouldn't be able to sleep.
Congrats and I hope you get to ride soon.

I really want to order the Staintune slip-on, but the price is holding me back Undecided
I contacted GP Motorcycles over here in San Diego and they told me $895 not including tax and the $20 shipping!
The person I was communicated with told me this, "Just a thought because you show concern over the price; if you want them I would buy them now because the price could go up in a few months."
I asked him why and he said, "just a statement based on inflation and the economy; prices can always go up. "
05-01-2013 06:25 PM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
Red Reno, no doubt the Staintune isn't budget-friendly. I paid $899 all-in for mine, including tax (that's if there was any), and at least they were nice enough to say they would ship it the 200 miles to my house for no charge.

Regarding the guy you spoke to at GP Motorcycles -- I highly doubt he has any real information about the price of the Staintune going up at some specific date. He just wanted to sell you one TODAY. His comment about inflation and the economy and rising prices falls into the "No cuss, Sherlock" category. He has a firm grasp of the obvious. Cool
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 09:04 PM by Scoobynut.)
05-01-2013 09:01 PM
furious_blue Offline
Running Like a Top

(05-01-2013 09:01 PM)Scoobynut Wrote:  ...

Regarding the guy you spoke to at GP Motorcycles -- I highly doubt he has any real information about the price of the Staintune going up at some specific date. He just wanted to sell you one TODAY. His comment about inflation and the economy and rising prices falls into the "No cuss, Sherlock" category. He has a firm grasp of the obvious. Cool

yeah.. just gimme your money now !

according to this, the inflation rate for 2013 so far is about a whopping 1.5%

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inf...ion-rates/

:-)
05-05-2013 12:29 PM
oldgoat01 Offline
1st Service Completed

Inflation rates are highly variable across materials. If it were made out of gold you could get it for 30% off. Big Grin
05-05-2013 01:36 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM
Todays weather
Correct, Gone.Cormanus — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>