Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aussieflyer's Cafe Racer - part 5
Aussieflyer Offline
Running Like a Top

Melbourne Australia
RE: Aussieflyer's Cafe Racer - part 5
Thanks dbarkdoll. I’m also gobsmacked at bierdy’s bike, it is very cool.

Hey Carlos they are just a set of ‘clubman’ bars and the switch gear clears the tank by only 1/8”. Somewhere earlier in the post I put a picture of the bars with dimensions to show how they also need to fit around the gauges - it’s all quite tight with no room to spare. I did try some clip ons but wasn’t happy with the appearance. They are now my current project cb400 track bike so they haven’t gone to waste like a lot of stuff does when you experiment with bike parts.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018 04:06 PM by Aussieflyer.)
06-01-2018 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bheezy27403 Offline
High Mileage

Triad NC
Ummm, well you know what comes next....CB400 pics please!
06-01-2018 06:06 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Now, that's a very good idea Bheezy. Come along now, Aussieflyer. Let's see it.
06-01-2018 08:53 PM
Bheezy27403 Offline
High Mileage

Triad NC
Ahem...
06-05-2018 02:30 PM
Dubyasellors Offline
New To The Forum

Canada
(06-01-2018 04:04 PM)Aussieflyer Wrote:  Thanks dbarkdoll. I’m also gobsmacked at bierdy’s bike, it is very cool.

Hey Carlos they are just a set of ‘clubman’ bars and the switch gear clears the tank by only 1/8”. Somewhere earlier in the post I put a picture of the bars with dimensions to show how they also need to fit around the gauges - it’s all quite tight with no room to spare. I did try some clip ons but wasn’t happy with the appearance. They are now my current project cb400 track bike so they haven’t gone to waste like a lot of stuff does when you experiment with bike parts.

Hey!! Firstly, i have to mention how sweet that bike is!! New to the forum and have been searching for some information! I was thinking of getting some clip on or clubman handlebars. Did you have any clearance issues with your clip ons and which ones did you go with? My first choice would be with clip ons but havent been able to find anyone mentioning both which ones they bought and if they cleared the gas tank.

Thanks!
08-07-2018 03:59 PM
HigginsNYC Offline
1st Service Completed

New York City
(01-25-2014 09:23 AM)Aussieflyer Wrote:  art 5

Painted and ready to ride. The original bike was blue which I liked but wanted to customise the colour using a darker blue pearl with large blue metal flake plus a couple of silver frost stripes. In all but bright sunlight the bike looks black but under bright light you can see the blue flick.

So that's where the bike is at today which I metioned earlier to be at about 95% of stage one. To complete stage one the side covers will be repainted with a new CB1100 decal fitted, braided brake and clutch lines, and a fibregalss shortened front fender (with the two stripes). Stage two will simply be the wire wheels off a 2014 model.
Who knows what stage three will be however I am sure that something will come to mind ... maybe new rear suspension, any suggestions?

Love to see some of your bikes and share ideas.

Cheers
Aussieflyer

Love this bike, well done!
08-07-2018 05:03 PM
Alain Lee Offline
Running Like a Top

Toronto, Canada
(01-23-2018 06:29 AM)Aussieflyer Wrote:  
(01-14-2018 12:28 AM)use2b Wrote:  ... would love to convert my wheels to tubeless so let us know how that turned out ? any leaks ?

It's been almost two years since the conversion, done about 7,000kms, had one puncture that I plugged about 5,000kms ago, and recently fitted new tyres - no leaks at all. The Outex conversion kit works perfectly but it is difficult to fit on the front wheel due to the narrow rim, the rear wheel is very easy. Although I have found this product to be reliable I should mention that I do not clean the bike with any solvents / bike washes etc. There may be potential for those types of harsh chemicals to the penetrate the wheel around the spoke nipple which could cause the adhesive tapes used in the conversion process to weaken - just one of those possibilities. Water and gentle car wash type detergents has not caused me any issues.

Good Day, Congratulation on your Modification.
Very nice wheels!!
I intend to convert my 2017 w/spoke wheels to "tubeless".
I have 2 questions in regards to your wheel & tire set up.
Is the spoke wheel the same as the 2017 CB1100 w/spokes?
What Tire brand & size are you using or recommending?
Thanks

Proud Owner of:
2017 CB1100
03-07-2019 08:16 AM
Aussieflyer Offline
Running Like a Top

Melbourne Australia
Hi Alain.
I think the wheels are same however someone with a parts manual might be able to confirm.
Tyres are Metzeler Z8 Interact in standard size. I'm very happy with their performance and recommend them. My only criteria for tyres is grip, I don't ride enough to care about mileage. With only 5,000km on these tyres the front still looks new and the rear is just starting to show signs of wear ... if you look real hard!
The Outex product works really well. Commence with the rear wheel as it's the easiest. The front is more difficult due the very narrow valley with limited room around each spoke nipple. Overall the project is well worth the trouble.
Cheers AF
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019 07:23 AM by Aussieflyer.)
03-09-2019 07:23 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
:blush:Lord Popgun — 05:28 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… : . . .Nachodaddy — 04:46 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was a . . .GoldOxide — 04:34 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was almos . . .Lord Popgun — 03:56 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… :DLord Popgun — 03:55 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
There could always be worse headlines . . .Gone in 60 — 03:10 PM
Todays weather
Today was overcast and it reached about . . .GoldOxide — 02:53 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That is very pretty! I'm a bit chal . . .GoldOxide — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,992