Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
always amazed
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
RE: always amazed
(01-30-2014 05:31 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Guth is the steady hand at the wheel of this ship and although I am pretty easy going, sometimes I get wound up and then I pm Guth for a chill pill. Good man that Guth. I value his opinion and friendship. I can't wait until he gets some better riding weather so he can post up so e more of his pics, videos and ride reports.

Thanks Mickey (and everyone one else) for the kind words. Basically, I've learned that when I'm feeling overly cranky, I'm better off staying away from posting and instead focusing on some of the behind the scenes stuff that takes place around here. So far the wisest decision I've made (other than getting this place up and running) was talking Mickey into acting as moderator!

Interestingly, the weather has been uncharacteristically nice around here for quite a long spell. Still my CB has been seeing almost nothing but commuting duty, which doesn't make for much in the way of ride reports. Still the bike handles those duties with ease and turns my commute into one of the highlights of my day on a regular basis.

As far as the original topic goes, the member to guest ratio that we are seeing is not unusual when compared with other forums that I visit. Plenty of reasons for this, many of which have been stated above.

While a bit off-topic, I just took a look at the analytics for this site and thought some might find this interesting. Since the forum was launched in April 2013, we have received a total of 29,928 unique visitors (this would count both members and guests), that combined for a total of 110,767 visits overall (repeat visits added up). During this time, 1,218,692 total pages were viewed by those visitors. The average visit duration has been a bit over 9 minutes. Pretty cool — that's a lot of information being shared out in the world about the CB1100.

All the best,
Bill

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
01-30-2014 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
always amazed
I for one enjoy the forum very much. I write when appropriate and will soon post pics of my bike as I am near completion of round 1.

I would be sad if both Gurth and Ferret we're not involved.

I like the tone and group that are present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX
1990 BMW K75RT
01-30-2014 08:00 PM
IndianRider Offline
Running Like a Top

SF Bay Area, California / San Ramon
RE: always amazed
(01-28-2014 08:40 AM)HikerToo Wrote:  everyone is different......
I used to go to a spinning class at the gym, and one instructor wondered why we all didn't want to count along out loud with her......everyone is different.

I've owned about 10-15 bikes since the internet /forums era and I've only decided to join/be active in couple of forums ..

I sold my zrx 1100 almost 8 years ago but the the http://www.zrxoa.org is my go to forum just because I love the forum and the zrx is still my all time fav bike and I'm waiting for a new retro Kawasaki z1 .. I like this forum and I'm active on here as well ..

For me, It's not the bike .. It's about enjoying the forum, the threads, it's members and just that good feeling of being part of something u like and respect ..

2013 Honda CB 1100 -SOLD
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 04:11 PM by IndianRider.)
02-02-2014 04:05 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
The moral of the story for me is, so . . .m in sc — 01:51 PM
Talk about dreaming of owning something . . .The ferret — 01:42 PM