Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who makes this exhaust?
Deftquiver Offline
1st Service Completed

Utah
Who makes this exhaust?
Found this on YouTube.... I asked the poster who made the exhaust, but didn't get a reply. Anyone know? Is it staintune? All I know is it sounds damn good.

http://youtu.be/72rZck4GfBY

Thanks for any help,

Deft
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 04:36 PM by Guth.)
05-02-2013 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Who makes this exhaust?
Link doesnt work for me
05-02-2013 01:43 PM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
(05-02-2013 01:11 PM)Deftquiver Wrote:  Found this on YouTube.... I asked the poster who made the exhaust, but didn't get a reply. Anyone know? Is it staintune? All I know is it sounds damn good.

http://http://youtu.be/72rZck4GfBY

Thanks for any help,

Deft

I'm pretty certain that's a Staintune -- It looks exactly like the one in their official video and I think I can even see the Staintune logo on it. I ordered one about six weeks ago and it should arrive by tomorrow. Will be posting my impressions once I get it installed.

(05-02-2013 01:43 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Link doesnt work for me

Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rZck4GfBY
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 01:46 PM by Scoobynut.)
05-02-2013 01:45 PM
Deftquiver Offline
1st Service Completed

Utah
Thanks scooby,

I'm excited to hear what you think. I originally wanted something titanium to shave some extra weight... But I also don't want my CB to sound like your every day crotch rocket. This thing sounds mean, but keeps that classy throaty growl... Kind of reminds me of the prodrive muffler I had on my old WRX.

Deft
05-02-2013 03:15 PM
Inline4 Offline
(aka Plungerhead)

Memphis, TN area
(05-02-2013 01:11 PM)Deftquiver Wrote:  Found this on YouTube.... I asked the poster who made the exhaust, but didn't get a reply. Anyone know? Is it staintune? All I know is it sounds damn good.

Thanks for any help,

Deft

OK friends and fellow CB'ers. THAT is what a large-displacement inline4 is supposed to sound like!!!!!!
Come on Scoobynut! Hurry up and take possession of that 1100, WITH the exhaust canister installed!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to 'know someone" with an aftermarket exhaust installed on their new CB1100! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'm gonna have to order one; that's all there is to it. Cool
05-02-2013 09:07 PM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
(05-02-2013 03:15 PM)Deftquiver Wrote:  Thanks scooby,

I'm excited to hear what you think. I originally wanted something titanium to shave some extra weight... But I also don't want my CB to sound like your every day crotch rocket. This thing sounds mean, but keeps that classy throaty growl... Kind of reminds me of the prodrive muffler I had on my old WRX.

Deft

Ha, funny, I had a prodrive on my old WRX too! If it would've fit on my new WRX I would've kept it. Great little cars, but a good axleback or catback makes 'em a whole lot more fun.

(05-02-2013 09:07 PM)Inline4 Wrote:  

Thanks for any help,

Deft

OK friends and fellow CB'ers. THAT is what a large-displacement inline4 is supposed to sound like!!!!!!
Come on Scoobynut! Hurry up and take possession of that 1100, WITH the exhaust canister installed!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to 'know someone" with an aftermarket exhaust installed on their new CB1100! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'm gonna have to order one; that's all there is to it. Cool

Going to get my CB on Saturday. Not sure when I will install the Staintune, but it should be any day now. It makes me doubly excited to pick up the bike, that's for sure.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 09:18 PM by Scoobynut.)
05-02-2013 09:16 PM
Deftquiver Offline
1st Service Completed

Utah
I've had mine since mid March... and I love the hell out of it. It's not sportbike fast, but the low RPM torque will have you smiling. I really can't wait to see what the future holds for these. Either they sell well, and the aftermarket starts to pick up... Or they don't and we'll have some darn nice and unique bikes.

Oh and I'm not sure where you stand on the theory of break in, but I found this interesting http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

At the very least, I don't think changing the oil extra early is a bad idea.
05-02-2013 11:26 PM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
I've used a slightly modified version of the Motoman break-in on all my new bikes. I always change the oil much earlier than the manufacturer recommends. One thing I think people misunderstand about breaking a bike in is that it is, in most instances, okay to exceed, say, 4k rpm, so long as there isn't any sustained high rpm running. I slowly increase how high I will rev the bike in short bursts as the miles accumulate. I'm also a big believer in compression braking to help seat the rings. Then again, if you break it in per the manufacturer's recommendation, any modern engine will probably function equally well. Well, I guess we're a little off topic here, and I would hate to see this thread devolve into a break-in controversy -- probably best to start a separate thread for that.

(05-02-2013 11:26 PM)Deftquiver Wrote:  I've had mine since mid March... and I love the hell out of it. It's not sportbike fast, but the low RPM torque will have you smiling. I really can't wait to see what the future holds for these. Either they sell well, and the aftermarket starts to pick up... Or they don't and we'll have some darn nice and unique bikes.

Oh and I'm not sure where you stand on the theory of break in, but I found this interesting http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

At the very least, I don't think changing the oil extra early is a bad idea.
05-03-2013 07:12 AM
Deftquiver Offline
1st Service Completed

Utah
Haha, yeah... I almost hijacked my own thread.
05-03-2013 11:37 AM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
Ha, too funny, I guess I forgot you started the thread!
05-03-2013 11:53 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
FWIW a motorcycle i buy represents m . . .Ollie — 06:24 AM
FWIW a motorcycle I buy represents mon . . .The ferret — 06:22 AM