Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Waiting for delivery
Papabear Offline
1st Service Completed

Palm Desert, California
RE: Waiting for delivery
I have been following the CRST website and the progress of my new (to me) bike. Left Philadelphia and progressed across the US to Calif. I am in the desert (mid 80s today) pacing back and forth. Each time I look at the tracking the bike gets a little closer. Today? If not, will I be able to sleep tonite? It is within 100 miles now. Maybe I should drive out and meet the truck........Just went down and changed the oil on my 67CB450 just to be doing something.....gotta sell my 175 and my 350....can't think straight....aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh!!!

I will try to post pics of the stable when all are present and accounted for.

67 CB450 Black Bomber
2007 VTX1300
2013 CB1100
02-17-2014 05:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Man....... It's been a long 2 weeks. Let us know when it's in your anxious little hands.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
02-17-2014 05:07 PM
OldF7Guy Offline
Running Like a Top

(02-17-2014 05:01 PM)Papabear Wrote:  I have been following the CRST website and the progress of my new (to me) bike. Left Philadelphia and progressed across the US to Calif. I am in the desert (mid 80s today) pacing back and forth. Each time I look at the tracking the bike gets a little closer. Today? If not, will I be able to sleep tonite? It is within 100 miles now. Maybe I should drive out and meet the truck........Just went down and changed the oil on my 67CB450 just to be doing something.....gotta sell my 175 and my 350....can't think straight....aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh!!!

I just went through this waiting on a Nighthawk from out of state and it took about 3 weeks due to rotten weather. I was about to crawl the walls. Now, my local clerk wont give me a temp tag for it because I dont have my paperwork back from the man I bought it from. He forgot to get it notorized the first time and I had to resend it. So here I sit with the possibility of a 60 degree day this week and cant ride.

I betcha I at least take it around the block a time or two anyway. WinkBig Grin

2003 Honda 750 Nighthawk
2013 Honda CB1100
02-17-2014 06:39 PM
ride4now Offline
High Mileage

Florida / Georgia USA
(02-17-2014 06:39 PM)OldF7Guy Wrote:  
(02-17-2014 05:01 PM)Papabear Wrote:  I have been following the CRST website and the progress of my new (to me) bike. Left Philadelphia and progressed across the US to Calif. I am in the desert (mid 80s today) pacing back and forth. Each time I look at the tracking the bike gets a little closer. Today? If not, will I be able to sleep tonite? It is within 100 miles now. Maybe I should drive out and meet the truck........Just went down and changed the oil on my 67CB450 just to be doing something.....gotta sell my 175 and my 350....can't think straight....aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh!!!

I just went through this waiting on a Nighthawk from out of state and it took about 3 weeks due to rotten weather. I was about to crawl the walls. Now, my local clerk wont give me a temp tag for it because I dont have my paperwork back from the man I bought it from. He forgot to get it notorized the first time and I had to resend it. So here I sit with the possibility of a 60 degree day this week and cant ride.

I did that once...a long time ago in NJ. I took my unlicensed Yamaha CT-175 around the block after washing the dirt off it... and promptly got caught on the other side of the neighborhood. Here I was... a 17 year old kid with no license, no insurance, and no tag (it was a dirt bike...). I also didn't have on shoes or a shirt... but hey it was hot that day. Anyway, the cop calls a WRECKER and picks up the bike with a hook through the frame and promptly inpounds it and takes me to the station. What a sight... yes, he took it away on a HOOK! My dad was called and he came to get me. I thought I'd get KILLED... but he was great. All he asked the cop was 'did he treat you with respect?' And the cop said yes. Remember what it was like for them back in the early 70's... Anyway, it still cost me a fair amount to bail out the bike and pay the fine. But it was a lesson I never forgot. Angel So... be careful.

‘22 BMW R1250 GSA
‘14 Honda CB1100 DLX
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
‘70 Kawasaki H1 500
02-17-2014 06:55 PM
Papabear Offline
1st Service Completed

Palm Desert, California
Well, it is almost 8 o'clock. No truck yet. Guess I can take my helmet off. Maybe tomorrow.

67 CB450 Black Bomber
2007 VTX1300
2013 CB1100
02-17-2014 08:48 PM
OldF7Guy Offline
Running Like a Top

(02-17-2014 06:55 PM)gheil Wrote:  
(02-17-2014 06:39 PM)OldF7Guy Wrote:  

I did that once...a long time ago in NJ. I took my unlicensed Yamaha CT-175 around the block after washing the dirt off it... and promptly got caught on the other side of the neighborhood. Here I was... a 17 year old kid with no license, no insurance, and no tag (it was a dirt bike...). I also didn't have on shoes or a shirt... but hey it was hot that day. Anyway, the cop calls a WRECKER and picks up the bike with a hook through the frame and promptly inpounds it and takes me to the station. What a sight... yes, he took it away on a HOOK! My dad was called and he came to get me. I thought I'd get KILLED... but he was great. All he asked the cop was 'did he treat you with respect?' And the cop said yes. Remember what it was like for them back in the early 70's... Anyway, it still cost me a fair amount to bail out the bike and pay the fine. But it was a lesson I never forgot. Angel So... be careful.

Been there and done that. I got hauled home in the front seat of a state police car when I was about 12 or 13. We were supposed to be riding in the adjacent field and I got the wise idea to take my Kaw 90 Mc1 out on a state road to see what it had. Needless to say, I think I got the keys taken away for what seemed like was forever. Bike looked like this.

(02-17-2014 08:48 PM)Papabear Wrote:  Well, it is almost 8 o'clock. No truck yet. Guess I can take my helmet off. Maybe tomorrow.

Well, if he was 100 miles out that is only 2 hours. Dont give up hope yet.

2003 Honda 750 Nighthawk
2013 Honda CB1100
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 08:55 PM by OldF7Guy.)
02-17-2014 08:53 PM
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
Waiting for delivery
All good things come to he who waits. It will come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX
1990 BMW K75RT
02-17-2014 10:08 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Waiting for delivery
I feel for you Papabear. Better it arrives intact than slides off the road.
02-17-2014 10:42 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
hey Papabear...any word yet?

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
02-18-2014 08:29 AM
Papabear Offline
1st Service Completed

Palm Desert, California
Still pacing. Shipper's website shows delivery on 21st. Truck is only a couple hours away. Maybe he is loading up to go back to the snow. Sure hope he remembers to stop here. I guess Friday at the latest.
Didn't think I would be this anxious.

67 CB450 Black Bomber
2007 VTX1300
2013 CB1100
02-18-2014 10:32 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Brake Pads... Simplified