Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great deal on HJC full face helmets
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Great deal on HJC full face helmets
Just got an email from motorcyclegear.com. They are having sale on HJC CL 16 full face helmets ( I have several) good price $59-$79

http://enews.motorcyclegear.com/q/auqgZd...Q9pNnMYQy0

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
02-20-2014 08:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldF7Guy Offline
Running Like a Top

RE: Great deal on HJC full face helmets
I am sorely temped to get one at that price. I was honestly looking at the HJC CL-17 which seems like a nice lid for the money. Appreciate you posting the good deal.

2003 Honda 750 Nighthawk
2013 Honda CB1100
02-20-2014 09:49 AM
davidsargee Offline
Running Like a Top

North Richland Hills, TX
Thanks Ferret,

I like that red one, thinking about doing it.

A motorcycle's engine should have oil in it, not water...(Mitsuyoshi Kohama) The ferret
02-20-2014 09:55 AM
LiveToRide Offline
1st Service Completed

California
Darn you. After looking I had to buy the rps-10 mugello for $139. I just couldn't help myself

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
02-20-2014 02:17 PM
OldF7Guy Offline
Running Like a Top

(02-20-2014 08:05 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Just got an email from motorcyclegear.com. They are having sale on HJC CL 16 full face helmets ( I have several) good price $59-$79

Ferret, what is your opinion on the HJCs in general. I know you have about 37 helmets to choose from.Wink Which ones do you have? My lid is pretty old and its been banged around a few times but I like it. I gotta have a full face since I am just used to them and like them in general.

2003 Honda 750 Nighthawk
2013 Honda CB1100
02-20-2014 03:11 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(02-20-2014 03:11 PM)OldF7Guy Wrote:  
(02-20-2014 08:05 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Just got an email from motorcyclegear.com. They are having sale on HJC CL 16 full face helmets ( I have several) good price $59-$79

Ferret, what is your opinion on the HJCs in general. I know you have about 37 helmets to choose from.Wink Which ones do you have? My lid is pretty old and its been banged around a few times but I like it. I gotta have a full face since I am just used to them and like them in general.

If you take to the subject, Ferret, do you own a flip-up or convertible helmet? If so, how do you find it?
02-20-2014 03:53 PM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(02-20-2014 03:53 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  
(02-20-2014 03:11 PM)OldF7Guy Wrote:  

If you take to the subject, Ferret, do you own a flip-up or convertible helmet? If so, how do you find it?

Lol all I have are HJC helmets. I like them. They fit me well, and I buy them right. (like from this ad from motorcyclegear.com) 1 open face, 3 three quarter with flip shields, 6 or 7 full face, 2 full face with flip down sun shields, 2 modulars.

My absolute favorites are the 3/4 with flip shield. I really like wearing them and the convenience is out of this world. They are not as safe as a full face obviously. I will wear them when it's hot or when I have a good windshield to break the wind. I probably wear my modular the most. Again for the convenience. I wear glasses. I like to be able to flip the front and talk to somebody or take a swig of tea or water. Not as safe as a reg full face, but safer than a 3/4 or open face.
Next would be my regular full faces. The best for safety of course, but a PIA for glasses wearers, or water or tea drinkers...or talkers. The ones with the flip sun shields are ok, but for me the flip down shield is not dark enough, but when you are a glasses wearer, they beat carrying and changing an extra pair of prescription glasses. I have an open face as well. I wear it when its above 90 and I'm riding in my general area. It looks very old school. i like the look, but feel exposed. I was wearing one the day I ran into the passenger door of a 54 Dodge that turned in front of me on my 305 Scrambler back in 1968. I broke 7 teeth, my nose, my right hand, my right foot. Teeth don't heal, and although they don't bother me, I see them every time I look in the mirror. A grim reminder why a full face helmet is really the safest option, even if it's if not the one I want to be wearing at the time.

Lastly some people say to buy the very best helmet you can afford. Probably sage advice. I suppose I could pay $1000 for the best helmet available, but that's not in my DNA. If I wanted to be safe all the time, I wouldn't ride a motorcycle. I try and be safe, I have 46 years of street riding experience. I raced for 10 years. I was an instructor in the Yamaha learn to ride program, and I wear reasonable gear. I don't ride like an idiot, I don't drink alcohol or take drugs. I ride like I want to live. I figure if something takes me out, it is just fate.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
02-20-2014 06:43 PM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
Was looking for a cheaper helmet for my wife,( don't laugh :-)) last year she only rode with me twice, but wore one of my Shoei's a size too big which is not fun.....my favorite in my 3/4 Shoei J-Cruise, but at $400+ dollars think that may be too much for riding a couple times a year. I like the full shield and sunscreen built in since she will only be riding in real comfortable temps.
02-20-2014 07:15 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(02-20-2014 06:43 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Lol all I have are HJC helmets. I like them. They fit me well, and I buy them right. (like from this ad from motorcyclegear.com) 1 open face, 3 three quarter with flip shields, 6 or 7 full face, 2 full face with flip down sun shields, 2 modulars.

My absolute favorites are the 3/4 with flip shield. I really like wearing them and the convenience is out of this world. They are not as safe as a full face obviously. I will wear them when it's hot or when I have a good windshield to break the wind. I probably wear my modular the most. Again for the convenience. I wear glasses. I like to be able to flip the front and talk to somebody or take a swig of tea or water. Not as safe as a reg full face, but safer than a 3/4 or open face.
Next would be my regular full faces. The best for safety of course, but a PIA for glasses wearers, or water or tea drinkers...or talkers. The ones with the flip sun shields are ok, but for me the flip down shield is not dark enough, but when you are a glasses wearer, they beat carrying and changing an extra pair of prescription glasses. I have an open face as well. I wear it when its above 90 and I'm riding in my general area. It looks very old school. i like the look, but feel exposed. I was wearing one the day I ran into the passenger door of a 54 Dodge that turned in front of me on my 305 Scrambler back in 1968. I broke 7 teeth, my nose, my right hand, my right foot. Teeth don't heal, and although they don't bother me, I see them every time I look in the mirror. A grim reminder why a full face helmet is really the safest option, even if it's if not the one I want to be wearing at the time.

Lastly some people say to buy the very best helmet you can afford. Probably sage advice. I suppose I could pay $1000 for the best helmet available, but that's not in my DNA. If I wanted to be safe all the time, I wouldn't ride a motorcycle. I try and be safe, I have 46 years of street riding experience. I raced for 10 years. I was an instructor in the Yamaha learn to ride program, and I wear reasonable gear. I don't ride like an idiot, I don't drink alcohol or take drugs. I ride like I want to live. I figure if something takes me out, it is just fate.

Thanks Ferret. I'm a full-face wearer, and a glasses wearer as well, so I fully endorse your comments about full-faces being a PIA. As to cost v quality and safety, the sites I referred to here suggest the highest cost doesn't always deliver the safest outcome.

I'm looking at replacing my FF with a modular with flip down shield. I have transition lenses in my glasses which saves changing them all the time, but they are not dark enough for some circumstances. Saw a quite good Bell helmet for a reasonable price, but have yet to try it out.

Thanks again.
02-20-2014 09:46 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
I don't know about that... they're easy . . .Gone in 60 — 03:50 PM