Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New guy suffering from analysis paralysis
lackskill Offline
Break-In Period

Colorado
RE: New guy suffering from analysis paralysis
Thanks everyone. This forum has been helpful in my decision making process. While this bike doesn't necessarily tick all of my boxes, I think it will certainly fit the bill. Some people say that this bike is difficult to handle and top heavy, but I actually feel it's relatively easy to handle. I never feel like I'm going to drop it. It's not a Rebel, but it's certainly no harley or GSXR either. I would ask my wife to throw a leg over it, but I don't feel overwhelmed by it.

After a mile, my only modification plans for now are a rack and trunk box, wind screen, and maybe some different mirrors.
03-02-2014 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rolls Offline
High Mileage

Belmont, CA
'Tis a thing of beauty! Quick melt and happy riding this week. Let us know how you like it as you start to get to know it. Sometimes good looks can cloud your judgment and trick you into a commitment, but in the case of the CB1100, it all worked out for me.

As far as handling, to me, once underway, it feels like a Schwinn Stingray. When we go dancing in the twisties, she's never put a foot wrong.
03-02-2014 09:18 PM
lackskill Offline
Break-In Period

Colorado
I wouldn't say that the looks are what drew me to this bike. Not that I don't really like how it looks, I just tend to make my decisions as logical and pragmatic as possible. I wanted something easy to ride, comfortable, and that I could really do just about anything on. And not cost twenty grand or weigh a half ton.
03-02-2014 10:25 PM
GUNFTR Offline
1st Service Completed

Portland OR
Good luck with the new bike. I think you will find it a pleasure to own. I've owned many bikes previously and this is one of the very first that is nearly perfect from the showroom.

Previous bikes have quickly seen changes to bars, pegs, grips, controls, mirrors, signals, tires, seats, intake, exhaust, jet kit, suspension, gearing, chrome-this-and-that, led lights, shields, bags, and you name it. I'm pretty sure Cobra and Kuryaken were able to justify an additional assembly line over the years thanks to me. With this bike, I've changed the muffler, changed the license mount, and have a seat ordered. At some point, I'll run a power commander with a K&N. I do like the handlebar and mirror mod I saw a while ago, but I'll probably just stand pat for now.

If a person adds up what they would have spent on aftermarket mods to make other bikes "just right", it makes the price of this machine downright reasonable. The Honda engineers really got this one right.

Here's to hoping for warmer riding weather for everyone.
03-03-2014 01:51 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
[quote='Ollie' pid='347928' dateline='17 . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM