Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting ready for the riding season greeted by bad sounds....
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Getting ready for the riding season greeted by bad sounds....
Wonder why it would happen to 2 people right after their first services? Think the techs messed with them? Why would they?

Btw the ST has something similar that you adjust one way then back the other way until it's quiet, but I have never messed with mine since I have no idea what it's doing in there.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
03-30-2014 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dBuster Offline
Running Like a Top

La Crosse, WI
Two people in two different states at that having the same issue after first service.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

03-30-2014 08:31 PM
The Spaceman Offline
Road Warrior

First Amendment Street
(03-30-2014 12:04 PM)dBuster Wrote:  What is the standard warranty again? I am drawing a blank at the moment.

From the Motorcycle Warranties booklet I had to request from Honda USA in Cali:

Limited Warranty:
"Coverage of defects in material and workmanship for 1 year."

Emissions Warranty:
"Coverage for the components that make up the Emission Control System for all On-Road Motorcycles: 280cc and over - 5 years or 11,185 miles (88k Kilometers).

Noise Control Warranty:
Coverage for the components that make up the Noise Control System for Street Motorcycles: 12 months or 3.730 miles.

Replacement Parts Limited Warranty:
Coverage for defects in material and workmanship for:
Replacement Batteries: 1 Year
Other Honda Replacement Parts: 6 Months

Accessories Limited Warranty:
Coverage for defects in material and workmanship for bolt-on accessories, measured from accessory purchase date, for:
All on-road models except GL, NRX, or ST - 1 year.

Go hagofuku yourself.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 07:23 AM by The Spaceman.)
03-31-2014 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason Huh

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
03-31-2014 07:25 AM
Fleetwood Offline
Break-In Period

Wichita Kansas United States
(03-31-2014 07:25 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Tell them you bought in England or Australia or almost any other country where they get 2 years warranty for some reason Huh

Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.
I'm just going to take it to the dealer tomorrow when they open.
03-31-2014 10:04 AM
dBuster Offline
Running Like a Top

La Crosse, WI
Re: RE: Getting ready for the riding season greeted by bad sounds....
(03-31-2014 10:04 AM)Fleetwood Wrote:  Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.

I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

Really has me questioning or thinking about the extended bit..

03-31-2014 12:51 PM
bubblerboy64 Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
Paul seems to know his stuff here.

I think every one deserves a chance to take care of a problem before calling in the reservers.

I'll admit I would be in a bit of a panic myself after hearing the rattle.

I had a new Harley sportster delivered with about one quart of oil. Apparently the bike was set up with only the oil the builders supply. (Now why the bike is shipped with one quart I don't know maybe other do) I only road the bike a short distance and I noticed what sounded like valve noise and was smart enough to check the oil. Harley sent a fellow around and they picked the bike up and took it to the dealership. I had to go get it when they finished (which I wasn't happy about). Last bike I bought from that dealer. Didn't keep the bike long so don't know. I called Harley and a "note" was put on the warrantee card at Harley. Probably no problem but it pays to check for sure anytime there is a question. Check don't panic I guess is the word.

My bikes: Honda CTX700 DCT ABS, 2012 Vespa GTV300,2012 Harley Sportster custom, 2010 Bonneville SE
03-31-2014 01:31 PM
SUPERCRUZ Offline
1st Service Completed

NOVA
First, do you know what viscosity oil was used at the first service? If the dealer put in a 20W50 or something thereabout this might result in noise. Worth checking and or asking the dealer. A long shot I know but sometimes we need to look at the obvious before tearing into the engine. Also, would not hurt to top the oil up to the proper level and run the bike for a few to see if the problem goes away.

Triumph - 2011 Bonneville SE, Honda - 1968 Mini Trail Z50A, 2013 CB1100
03-31-2014 03:57 PM
Fleetwood Offline
Break-In Period

Wichita Kansas United States
(03-31-2014 12:51 PM)dBuster Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 10:04 AM)Fleetwood Wrote:  Well, I did the hose to the ear test and found the noise to becoming from the lower forward crankcase under the oil filter. There's a recessed hole where it's the loudest. I don't have an inspection mirror to take a peek inside.

I too will be at the dealers door when they open tomorrow. But I am going to have them pick the bike up that I don't want to ride it like it is and play the videos for them.

That sounds like the same place my noise is coming from. Which gonna dealer are you going to so I can tell my dealership same issue at your dealer. Mine will be at the 2 brothers Honda in Onalaska Wisconsin.

Two bad the dealership has the transaction record from my purchase or I might try that Australia bit. My bike has only been in our hands for just over 10 months close to 11, so I am under the one year mark but going what is wrong is not covered under the 6 month warranty...

I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 04:34 PM by Fleetwood.)
03-31-2014 04:31 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(03-31-2014 04:31 PM)Fleetwood Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 12:51 PM)dBuster Wrote:  

I'm taking my bike to motorsports kansas in wichita Kansas. I'll be loading my bike up in the back I my truck and dropping it off. I checked my oil the proper way, side stand and warm and it fills the whole sight glass. Hoping it's something simple! I'm going to show my dealer this thread that way they know others are having the same deal.

Mate, I'm no expert, but I don't think oil should fill the whole site glass.
03-31-2014 04:50 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>