Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
***SPOILER ALERT*** MotoGP Race 2 - Austin
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
RE: MotoGP Race 2 - Austin
(04-13-2014 05:30 PM)CA200 Wrote:  Race day the seats behind us were full and a lot of open seats in front of us, we were in row 14 about halfway up.
I got them the first day they were up and I know they didn't show many open. I wonder how they do that -
You would think they would try some discount some on race day.
[IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq73/MMSTORE1948/545eb65f-e6b4-4ec7-868d-454cfd2cbf7c.jpg', '', 'toolbar=no');myWindow.focus();">[IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq73/MMSTORE1948/545eb65f-e6b4-4ec7-868d-454cfd2cbf7c.jpg" style="max-width: 600px; max-height: 600px;" alt="İmage" title="Click Photo To Enlarge" />[/img]

Aaa ah! Your wife. CA200, now I know why you kept your hands to yourself in that photo Smile.

Seriously, have just watched the race. MM is the real deal. Nearly binned it in the last few seconds but otherwise not a blemish. When Jorge charged past on the start line it must have taken iron control and real focus for MM (and others) not to pop the clutch and get after him. MM took the right tyres (hard) and just dominated. I don't think Dani is any threat and Jorge, by succumbing to the pressure at the start, has just loaded himself up even more by finishing tenth. Despite my admiration of MM I hope that we are in for some "nail-biters" as the season progresses. Particularly at PI.

The COTA is a real credit to the States. Outstanding. Makes PI look like a country dog track. Not so much technically, as PI has it's own unique challenges, but in the care and dollars that have gone into producing that surface and such a beaut looking track. The Island was resurfaced, somewhat controversially, last year and stuffed the '13 GP. Just put a COTA standard track on that PI scenery and it would be very special. And as an aside, I reckon that even with my tin ear I could give warbling lessons to the Sheila that sang the Star-Spangled Banner Smile.

Cheers
04-13-2014 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: ***SPOILER ALERT*** MotoGP Race 2 - Austin
Nice pics CA. Looks like you got lucky with the weather. Not the most interesting race, but there were some great battles. The Dov-Bradl fight was a good one, and the Rossi vs 5 or 6 riders was a good one while it lasted, almost looked like the Rossi of old for awhile.

Jorge is digging a hole deep enough to meet a Chinaman soon. First this phenom kid takes his title, and then he keeps stepping on his own toes trying to take it back. Going to be a rough year in the Yamaha garage.

PS how long have you and the Mrs been married. Couldn't be long, you still look happy....I kid!

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
04-14-2014 04:22 AM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
Moto3 was entertaining. Hated to see Alex Marquez crash out on the final lap. I think he was pushing too hard trying to stay up with those KTMs. But its obvious talent runs in the Marquez family.

MotoGP start: Oops.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
04-14-2014 05:09 AM
CA200 Offline
High Mileage

Madison Wi.
The weather was great. ferret it has been just 45 years in June for us
and she is worse the then me, she even insists on taking notes during
the races. I think once Honda quits putting so much money in I
think things will change. It will be interesting to see what happens
when Suzuki comes back. I was surprised how well the Duc's did.
This track is just a great very large place. But the traffic in Tx. is awful.
04-14-2014 05:38 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Congrats on the 45

The track looked awesome on TV. Thats why I can't go in person. Been to an AMA race at Mid Ohio and all I could see was 100 yards at a time. All of a sudden someone wouldn't come around and you'd have no idea why. That drove me nuts. I like slow mo and close ups and replays that TV gives you.

Defender of the Realm
04-14-2014 05:42 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
What does a 20 year old kid with millions of dollars do for fun? all of them

http://photos.motogp.com/2014/04/14/93ma...ew_big.jpg

Defender of the Realm
04-14-2014 03:37 PM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
(04-14-2014 05:42 AM)The ferret Wrote:  Congrats on the 45

The track looked awesome on TV. Thats why I can't go in person. Been to an AMA race at Mid Ohio and all I could see was 100 yards at a time. All of a sudden someone wouldn't come around and you'd have no idea why. That drove me nuts. I like slow mo and close ups and replays that TV gives you.

At PI huge screens are placed around the track at strategic points. These show the race broadcast as seen at your couch. Simultaneous commentary is broadcast on an FM frequency. Hang over the fence or sit in the stand with a noise protective headset with built in FM receiver, field glasses, a hot pie, a beer (or hot dog and cup of tea) an umbrella girl (or the Missus) and for me it is bike racing paradise. I would be certain that these electronic aids are at COTA.

CB4ME, I have read that some say that Alex M has as much, if not more, talent than MM.

ferret, you're right, once MM got over a second clear it was a done deal. Only self-harm could stop him. As you say the sub races-for-places did provide some good entertainment.

Rattling on a bit more about PI, a great feature of the track is a dirt/gravel road that follows, for the most part, the boundary of the track area, passing behind the stands. At the WSBK event you can jump on the bike from the camping area (no helmet laws applicable) and ride around to change your viewing point as desired. Plenty of parking on the track verge. At MotoGP no bikes allowed but shuttle busses circulate continuously. This road is shared, very amicably, with pedestrians. There is no real supervision of riders around this road however if anyone was riding in a threatening manner they would most likely be dragged off their bike, given a short talking to, and then torn apart. Just love self-regulation.

STOP PRESS/GREAT NEWS: my Staintune, to replace the badly scarred OEM, just arrived on the doorstep. Problem. Can't fit it with one arm. I will have to bribe one of the neighbourhood boys to come and do some supervised mechanics for me. I just wanna hear it!

Cheers
04-14-2014 04:18 PM
jodyz Offline
1st Service Completed

Texas
A few of my pics...
- My bike at COTA
- Ben
- Uh...
- Wow...
- Loris

FYI - I believe most, if not all the girls in the pits were models from SoCal which I deduced from several conversations they had with the fans in the pits. They were all very nice.

... and some more...

- More models
- Karol
- My ugly mug in front of the Aspar garage
- Nicky's bodywork
- A must for long rides

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 06:29 PM by jodyz.)
04-14-2014 06:19 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
Jodyz - really enjoyed your pictures. Looks like you were in the middle of pit lane action. Like those white cowboy hats. Girls are bad either.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
04-15-2014 04:04 PM
CA200 Offline
High Mileage

Madison Wi.
jodyz saw you riding in on the road on Thur. ,looked like you were do'n it right!
04-15-2014 06:06 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,752

Full Statistics

>