Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
We've now logged a full year!
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
It's hard to believe, but a full year has now passed since this site was first brought online. I really had no idea what to expect back then, but was simply hoping that this forum would provide a place for a few CB1100-crazy enthusiasts such as myself to gather and discuss Honda's retro styled masterpiece.

Well, we are averaging just over 90 new members per month. As I write this, almost 1100 folks have signed up (with far more guests viewing the discussions). For much of the first year, many of us wondered whether or not the CB1100 would be returning in the United States and other markets. Honda of course answered the question by announcing the EX and Deluxe models in addition to the standard version appearing in many parts of the world. With that comes a wave of excited new owners to the site. While it was very disappointing to learn that distribution of the bike has ceased in Australia, we've been fortunate to enjoy a good representation of owners from that country here on the forum. Hopefully at some point the CB1100 will once again return to their shores.

Along with the success of this forum comes a lot of work behind the scenes. With that in mind I personally would like to thank the ferret once again for everything he does around here. As the only moderator other than myself, he is a very busy guy. The ferret has been a positive influence around here since day one and without him, this place just wouldn't be the same. Cheers Mickey!

Finally thanks to everyone who chooses to participate in the discussion here. People have mentioned that this is one of the friendliest forums around. That is a reflection on all of you who have chosen to remain civil and stay focused on the subject matter of motorcycling in general and the CB1100 specifically. It was once touted that you meet the nicest people on a Honda. To that I would add that you meet the most civil participants on the CB1100 Forum. With that in mind, a big thank you to all who choose to help keep this place the friendly place it is after significant growth and the passing of a year's time. Here's to more of the same.

All the best,
Guth

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
04-13-2014 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
RE: We've now logged a full year!
Thanks Guth and Ferret. This is by far the best motorcycle forum on the planet.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
04-13-2014 03:23 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Thank you Guth and Ferret. This is always a great place to visit. Beer
04-13-2014 03:25 PM
Tortuga Offline
High Mileage

UK
Guth,

I was riding earlier today and ruminating on the very points you've raised here.

The brotherhood, the connection, and the civility.

From all far flung corners of the earth man has united through a common interest throughout history. Be it sport, politics, religion, or any of those other things I'm not interested in.

But here we have a genuine connection between people in the States, UK, Aus, and mainland Europe, not forgetting a few members from Asia and beyond.

What made me think whilst I was riding was how a humble man riding the English country roads was thinking how glad he would be to share his experiences with his friends he'd never met or spoken to around the world when he got back.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the beauty of the Internet. Thank goodness for this common link.

Oh, and if you want some UK based moderation, I'm happy to lighten the ferret's load..knowing how ferrets backs detest a heavy burden! Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2014 03:28 PM by Tortuga.)
04-13-2014 03:26 PM
Jhonda Offline
Break-In Period

San Diego Calif
Here's to many more.
04-13-2014 03:28 PM
avsbezzy Offline
1st Service Completed

Florida
(04-13-2014 03:18 PM)Guth Wrote:  ... As I write this, almost 1100 folks have signed up ...
Guth

May be member 1100 should have a special price as a welcome present! Like a pair of rubber thingies...

2014 DLX #0043 ECU Flashed by GUHL motors, OVER RACING Dual Slip ons, Chic Design Road Comet 1, Honda Rear rack (not Always), Noriwaki Engine sliders.
2016 AFRICA TWIN RALLY MANUAL #000007 modded already
04-13-2014 03:32 PM
wildezt Offline
Running Like a Top

United States
(04-13-2014 06:50 AM)wildezt Wrote:  Thank you Guth for setting this place up.. and to Mr.ferret for tending well to it..and to all our fellow members who have been keeping this a cool place to be..Beer to many more years of friendship and good will and safe ridings...and keeping the trash out...!!!
Beer

let's roll...The ferret
04-13-2014 03:41 PM
dBuster Offline
Running Like a Top

La Crosse, WI
Let's say the 1100th real member gets the rubber caps. I am sure some of those registered were not legitimate or spammers...

Thanks do go out to ferret and guth, the masters of this site!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

04-13-2014 03:52 PM
Rick Froscheiser Offline
High Mileage

Tooele, Ut USA
Thanks Guth and Ferret for the wonderful forum!

2013 CB1100
HD 45 Flathead
04-13-2014 04:23 PM
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
Congrats gents. It is a job well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX