Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hedstrom Offline
Break-In Period

Michigan, USA
RE: Flashed CB1100 Review
(05-03-2014 09:03 AM)lola Wrote:  
Quote:What about the Rev limiter?

CIP had mention that Ghul increases the rev limit by an additional 500rpms

Sorry... don't know how I missed that. Old age?
05-03-2014 09:56 AM
lola Offline
Running Like a Top

Los Angeles,Ca
(05-03-2014 09:56 AM)hedstrom Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:03 AM)lola Wrote:  
Quote:What about the Rev limiter?

CIP had mention that Ghul increases the rev limit by an additional 500rpms

Sorry... don't know how I missed that. Old age?

its not old age, that info was on a different post so your goodCool

[font=Arial][color=#FF0000]money pit[/color][/font]
05-03-2014 11:15 AM
Lama glama Offline
Break-In Period

New Jersey
Oh God... YES!

Not getting the bike off the road now, but this is happening over winter.

[size=x-small]"Nice and relaxed.
Getting busy in town, but you're cool baby.
360 aware, you don't know where or when
the cuss's gonna come down,
but YOU ARE PREPARED."[/size]
05-09-2014 11:25 AM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
Greg said:

Quote:The ECU controls all important parameters of the power train and it doesn't take much digging to discover that most parameters are optimized to limit emissions in general and for efficient operation of the catalytic converter in particular. Ride-ability and engine performance are definitely compromised in the effort to satisfy fedregs.

One good example is complete, abrupt fuel shutoff in deceleration, to prevent excess un-burned fuel flowing through the cat. This "feature" is a definite hazard, and one that can be addressed by flashing the ECU.

Another example is multi-faceted, air-fuel ratio. Efficient cat operation requires an AFR that varies slightly around 14.7:1 (also known as the stoic, or stoichiometric which is the ideal, calculated ratio of air to fuel that results in complete consumption of all the air and all the fuel). Optimum engine performance requires an AFR in the neighborhood of 13.2:1.

The stoich is too hot and causes all kinds of problems, including pre-ignition, shortened engine life, popping on decel. Many "features" of our bike are patches to try and bridge the gap between what the cat needs and what the engine and rider need.

Good info. I take it then that, reflash aside, a PCV plugged in without further tuning would be looking at optimising air/fuel ratio for performance (optimising, not more power) enhancement. I think that this may be where VicsCB1100 was going in his thread Smooth Power Everywhere. I felt that thread was a "little" derailed by the performance Gurus. So, simply, a PCV would make for a better riding experience?

Cheers
05-09-2014 06:21 PM
Tortuga Offline
High Mileage

UK
(05-09-2014 06:21 PM)Pterodactyl Wrote:  Greg said:

Quote:The ECU controls all important parameters of the power train and it doesn't take much digging to discover that most parameters are optimized to limit emissions in general and for efficient operation of the catalytic converter in particular. Ride-ability and engine performance are definitely compromised in the effort to satisfy fedregs.

One good example is complete, abrupt fuel shutoff in deceleration, to prevent excess un-burned fuel flowing through the cat. This "feature" is a definite hazard, and one that can be addressed by flashing the ECU.

Another example is multi-faceted, air-fuel ratio. Efficient cat operation requires an AFR that varies slightly around 14.7:1 (also known as the stoic, or stoichiometric which is the ideal, calculated ratio of air to fuel that results in complete consumption of all the air and all the fuel). Optimum engine performance requires an AFR in the neighborhood of 13.2:1.

The stoich is too hot and causes all kinds of problems, including pre-ignition, shortened engine life, popping on decel. Many "features" of our bike are patches to try and bridge the gap between what the cat needs and what the engine and rider need.

Good info. I take it then that, reflash aside, a PCV plugged in without further tuning would be looking at optimising air/fuel ratio for performance (optimising, not more power) enhancement. I think that this may be where VicsCB1100 was going in his thread Smooth Power Everywhere. I felt that thread was a "little" derailed by the performance Gurus. So, simply, a PCV would make for a better riding experience?

Cheers

That's how I read it too.
05-09-2014 06:24 PM
Ridem32 Offline
Road Warrior

Mississippi
Flashed CB1100 Review
I had my 2014 deluxe flashed thanks to CIP letting us know about Don! For $375 total 2 day service including overnite shipping back to you! I only rode my bike once been raining here but the cb1100 does now run like a 1100 should ! It just makes your bike run better at all speeds and riding conditions. I don't think anyone with a PC5 could make their bike run this good at all. It's pure plug & play 2 day wait time ! Most guys with a PC5 takes weeks tying to get there unit adj. I have put PC on cbr and gsxr bikes never getting all out of them as Don did with this flash. As the ole saying goes LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE Smile one thing for sure me & CIP will let everyone know the pros & cons as we ride them more. I also had mine on center stand speedo pegged out at 130mph at about 7,700 RPM mine will turn atleast 9,500 rpms I think it will run over 150 mph. Will let everyone know when I try it with a GPS. Flash not for everyone but for those who are thinking about it atleast you will have a heads up from me & CIP Smile
05-11-2014 08:33 PM
Rboe Offline
Been There

Phx, AZ
Dyno runs would be useful. Right now my CB is fairly mild mannered (and I believe this to be a good thing) with a bit of a wild hair once the rpms get up there.

I don't think she'll see 150mph in standard trim. Different exhaust and opening up the air box would be needed. 150 will take some extra horse power.

Power Commanders are needed when we could not touch the ECU. Now that the ECU is accessible the Power Commander is become surplus. Same goes for other bolt on modifiers. Now we need open source ECU readers and writers like Moto Guzzi and Ducati have access to. That will really bring tuning to the masses.

2013 Honda CB1100 Red
2014 Honda CB1100 Black
2008 Honda XR650L
05-12-2014 08:12 AM
Ridem32 Offline
Road Warrior

Mississippi
Flashed CB1100 Review
Rboe : if Don had a cb1100 in his shop to put on dyno he could do anything to it he wants to do! He did mine & CIP by just what he thinks is close to right. He has ask for a cb1100 donor to really tune in real time on a dyno. As far as my bike all stock except for the ECU flash I could be wrong. But I will let you know what my top speed is. Again I said I think it will hit 150mph and I still think it will get very close to that speed with stock pipes , filter etc. Will keep you posted. Smile
05-12-2014 08:33 AM
Raderstar Offline
Break-In Period

Georgia USA
Great news guys, thanks for sharing info. Keep us informed of you impressions after some rides. I'am looking forward to getting this done!
05-12-2014 09:53 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM