Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Finally picked up my 2013 Leftover
wayne van horn Offline
1st Service Completed

phoenix, az.
RE: Finally picked up my 2013 Leftover
It's prime riding weather now until november, demand is high for bikes dealers can ask high prices and get it.
05-14-2014 04:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thessler3 Offline
1st Service Completed

Hamburg, NJ, USA
Thanks to all for your well wishes. I am riding again. My response to how to better avoid accidents: When I was younger and wilder, I had a couple of cases where I went off the road on sharp curves which I over-cooked. My fault, no question, but I have slowed down and learned a lot of accident avoidance tricks. I have been riding for almost 50 years and about a half-million miles and this was my first serious accident. I was going southbound fairly slow, about 40MPH, on a lightly traveled road. A car coming the other way slowed down and then turned left into my lane almost directly in front of me. It was like he did not see me until the last second. I braked and swerved as hard as I could and managed to swerve around the front of the car. When the front wheel hit the shoulder stone, the bike skidded out from under me and tossed me like a rag doll. I blacked out and woke up flat on my back in a lot of pain. A passing motorist with first aid skills helped me until the ambulance and police showed up. The faulty car driver was never identified and probably left the scene. My lessons learned: I had stupidly taken the armor out of my riding jacket - I am buying a new one of better quality and the armor will stay in. I had an excellent Shoei helmet that had severe road rash on both sides. Just bought a new one exactly the same. I have Held gloves that are expensive but did their job - no injuries to my hands. I had on decent boots - they were scraped up pretty good, especially where they cover my ankles. I usually wear all black, but will switch to more colorful clothes. I was on my Gold Wing, which has big head lights and turn signals that are lit all the time. How could someone not see it? Be careful everyone, you may be a great rider but there are some lousy drivers out there.

68 CL350, 66 Bonneville, 73 Ducati 750GT, 73 Guzzi V7 Sport, 71 Norton, 76 BMW R90S, 79 GS1000, 81 & 82 GS1100, 75 CB750F, 85 FXRS, 84 Aspencade, 90 Harley Convertible, 95 & 2002 Monsters, 05 Sportster R, 99 Buell S3T, 01 & 04 Speed Triple, 07 Superduke, 07 Tuono V2, Tuono V4, 03 Gold Wing & more
05-16-2014 07:36 AM
Buffalorider Offline
1st Service Completed

WV
Congrats on the new bike.
And I really hate hearing about the deals guys are finding now. Dodgy

I was all eat-up with having to get one ASAP and took delivery a year ago now, bike #93. I paid MSRP for the privilege. Cool

Great ride though....

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck, screaming Yahoo, with a big smile on your face."
05-20-2014 01:47 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
Congrats on the new bike Thessler. Glad your injuries have healed and you can enjoy the new ride.Beer

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
05-20-2014 02:37 AM
The Spaceman Offline
Road Warrior

First Amendment Street
(05-20-2014 01:47 AM)Buffalorider Wrote:  Congrats on the new bike.
And I really hate hearing about the deals guys are finding now. Dodgy

I was all eat-up with having to get one ASAP and took delivery a year ago now, bike #93. I paid MSRP for the privilege. Cool

Great ride though....

Do what I do: decide now that you'll always pay top dollar for your purchases, that running around trying to save a few bucks is a waste of your precious time, and that having something when you want it, especially when you're first, is worth twice what you paid. Sales are for housewives. We're MEN dammit and we pay full-freight.

Go hagofuku yourself.
05-20-2014 06:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buffalorider Offline
1st Service Completed

WV
Yeah, I don"t shop so much as I "hunt". I found my CB at two shops and chose one bssed more on ease of access than price.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck, screaming Yahoo, with a big smile on your face."
05-20-2014 11:00 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM