Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BMW HP4 Competition
Ack-CB11 Offline
High Mileage

Nantucket
BMW HP4 Competition
NineT's out HP4's in!
I'm having a Figawi weekend sale on my bike, 10,500 on Ebay. One day left. If it doesn't sell this time she's staying for a couple years. Then I'm moving my deposit from the 9T to an HP4 Compitition. I don't need two retro's, 1 retro and 1 heart stopper. 2014 is rumored to be the last for the HP4. 2 years with 500 per year into the states. It seems on u-tube most are about 190hp at the rear wheel!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I'm investing in some fresh boxers if this deal goes thru.

I can't believe no one wants the K-10 for 10 g's

Nantucket Dirt Rider:
2006 BMW HP2 #206
2008 Service Honda CR500AF
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 01:23 PM by Ack-CB11.)
05-25-2014 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Spaceman Offline
Road Warrior

First Amendment Street
RE: BMW HP4 Competition
(05-25-2014 01:19 PM)Ack-CB11 Wrote:  I can't believe no one wants the K-10 for 10 g's

One thing I learned when I took that year selling Harleys is that you rarely get the money spent upgrading a bike back. Sellers would come in with thousands of dollars of genuine HD accessories on their bikes and we'd offer book value. Pissed a lot of customers off, bit there it was. Buyers want the fun of choosing and installing the accessories.

Best idea IMO is to save every OEM part, return the bike to stock when you sell it, and then sell the accessories individually.

Go hagofuku yourself.
05-25-2014 03:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
(05-25-2014 03:17 PM)The Spaceman Wrote:  
(05-25-2014 01:19 PM)Ack-CB11 Wrote:  I can't believe no one wants the K-10 for 10 g's

One thing I learned when I took that year selling Harleys is that you rarely get the money spent upgrading a bike back. Sellers would come in with thousands of dollars of genuine HD accessories on their bikes and we'd offer book value. Pissed a lot of customers off, bit there it was. Buyers want the fun of choosing and installing the accessories.

Best idea IMO is to save every OEM part, return the bike to stock when you sell it, and then sell the accessories individually.

So true, but what the he!!. Dealer is the last place I'd go to sell a bike. Craigslist or Ebay will net significantly more, provided you find the right person who knows what he's looking for and appreciates what you've got. Yeah, that's a big if.

I'm approaching Ack in terms of accessory spending, close to ten grand. I know I won't recoup 10% of that. But oh what fun! If I get $9k for a bike I spent 20K on that will still be a great down payment on a new CB. They better come out with a 2015 model or I'll be hanging on to mine for a few more years.

Ack - that's an amazing bike!

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
05-25-2014 06:20 PM
Firstfour Offline
1st Service Completed

St. Augustine, FL
Good lord, if you get that HP4, be careful with it on Nantucket. If you get a little ham-fisted you may very well shoot off into the ocean! Wink
05-26-2014 02:57 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM