Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
HJC RPHA MAX helmet
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
HJC RPHA MAX helmet
I another thread there was a discussion about helmets and the HJC RPHA MAX came up.
I had read many good things about this helmet and it was on my wish list for quite a while, but I had never seen one or tried one on.
The other day I was at the Honda dealer and they had just received a shipment of the RPHA MAX. I tried one on and really liked the feel of the interior and how light it was.
The reviewer in the June 2104 issue of Rider Magazine commented, "the exhaust vents on top do not close, raising the possibility of water entering on a rainy day."
This stuck in my mind as I examined the helmet and saw the two round holes they referred to. I could look though the holes from the outside and see light.
The reviewer made a valid point and I don't see how water could not get in. Aerodynamics might whisk the water away at speed, but if you were not moving in a downpour, well.....
It doesn't make sense to me that HJC would develop a helmet that would let water in, but the two holes are there so I put the helmet back on the shelf.
I'll have to think about it.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 03:49 AM by Rocky.)
06-20-2014 03:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
RE: HJC RPHA MAX helmet
I examined one of these helmets a while back as I was considering buying one after all the positive things I'd read. The HJC is lighter than my N103 Nolan and seemed quieter when wearing it. I didn't think the vents would be a problem after looking the HJC over. Didn't buy one; just doesn't fit my head shape well.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
06-20-2014 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
A new Camry should last till the next Ic . . .Gone in 60 — 05:39 PM
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM