Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Bell Bullitt - shameful purchase
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Bell Bullitt - shameful purchase
I have a bunch of ff and a couple modulars. There is no way to put on/ take off the ff without taking the glasses off first. With the modulars its a crap shoot. Can usually get the helmet on/off but it knocks the glasses all crooked and off one ear, which you have to straighten up. With the 3/4 and open face helmet goes right on/off wearing glasses. Since I wear ff/ mods 99% of the time, I usually just put my glasses upside down on the drivers seat while putting on or taking off the helmets and putting the glasses on afterwards. Have knocked the glasses from the seat to the ground several times, pitting the lenses. It is not cheap for progressive bifocals either. I now keep " last years" model glasses just for riding since they are already beat up, and save my latest ones for non motorcycle activities.

People who don't wear glasses have no idea what a pain it is to wear helmets. Angry

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
06-24-2014 03:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX
1990 BMW K75RT
06-24-2014 04:08 AM
B166er Offline
1st Service Completed

Kansas City
Getting my eye exam in the first. Both parents were in glasses by this time. I'm sure it's happening. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
06-24-2014 12:19 PM
shdwghst457 Offline
Running Like a Top

San Antonio, TX
It certainly adds an extra step for us. Even when I have my contacts in, I'm wearing sunglasses.

'14 - #102052
'13 - #000955 (sold)
06-24-2014 12:26 PM
B166er Offline
1st Service Completed

Kansas City
Helmet came in on Thursday. I swear, angels began to sing 70s blues rock when I pulled it out of the box. It is beautiful!!!! The fit and finish is completely over the top. The paint on it is nicer than any of my cars. The little leather tab that holds the face shield in place is such a pretty touch and the interior... I just want a couch made out of this perforated leather but of course, then I want to lay on this couch, butt nekked, for at least a third of my remaining days..

I truly want to place this on a small mantle, in my family room and install one of those small LED lights you see in the art galleries. Which of course, is all this helmet is good for BECAUSE THE STUPID THING IS SO FRIGGIN NARROW, I CAN"T GET MY FAT HEAD INTO IT, WITHOUT TEARING OFF MY EARS!!!!!!!

Seriously. I'm heart broken. It has to go back. Fits well on the top of my head and along my cheeks and jaw line. However, below my temples and my ears? Its so tight I can't even get my ears to lay flat. Spoke with Revzilla support and the guy assured me that it would never break in enough for me to enjoy the helmet. So, its going back for a full refund.

So, I purchased a Shoei Qwest. Full face, sport touring, quiet, great visibility and I got the Overt model on closeout which is a high gloss black and hiviz yellow graphic that is normally $120 more than the solids but it was the same price. Its not my style but its a nice everyday helmet that is supposed to fit a rounder head.

I also purchased a Biltwell Gringo. According to the RevSupport guy, it should fit me. If not, it will also go back and I will take that money to buy a pinlock shield for the Shoei.

ugh...... Very sad but my giant head has been a bane to my existence for years. Why cry now.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 09:35 AM by B166er.)
06-28-2014 09:33 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Arrrr no way. Oh well, you will love the Qwest, my brother has one, it's a great helmet

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
06-28-2014 09:45 AM
Greg Offline
1st Service Completed

Central Florida
I really like my Qwest, but man, that Bullit is sure sweet. I saw the white one with the red dots on the side and a bubble shield at the AIM show in Orlando last year where it was introduced. Want!
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 10:44 AM by Greg.)
06-28-2014 10:42 AM
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
You almost made me wet myself when I read the part because the friggin thing is so narrow. I was ready to go buy one up to that part!

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX
1990 BMW K75RT
06-28-2014 05:55 PM
B166er Offline
1st Service Completed

Kansas City
(06-28-2014 05:55 PM)Elipten Wrote:  You almost made me wet myself when I read the part because the friggin thing is so narrow. I was ready to go buy one up to that part!

Well, I'm sure it won't be the same for everyone. I measure around 24.25" just above the eyebrows (approx 62cm).

I noted to the rev rep that I was currently in a XL HJC IS-33. She giggled that it was a very round helmet and that's probably why I could comfortably rock a smaller size in that model.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2014 06:21 PM by B166er.)
06-28-2014 06:19 PM
VTR1000F Offline
1st Service Completed

Czech republic
Hi B166er..what size did you ordered? I consider buying Bullitt via internet as they do not import this model to my country. I measure around 61 cm, but every head shape is different.

Thanks.
06-30-2014 05:55 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
FWIW a motorcycle i buy represents m . . .Ollie — 06:24 AM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
FWIW a motorcycle I buy represents mon . . .The ferret — 06:22 AM