Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Put my deposit down....
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
Put my deposit down....
After losing sleep and my mind for last week or so after discovering the CB1100, I put my deposit down today and plan on paying the balance and picking up tomorrow. Have not ridden in 3 years since selling my "86" Ninja after 20+ years.......even if I don't like riding again, the CB1100 will be something I am proud to own and keep in my garage...at 50 years old, hope I have not lost my nerve to street bike........
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2013 03:16 AM by HikerToo.)
05-22-2013 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Put my deposit down....
Congrats Hiker, its a wonderful machine and easy to ride. Just the right bike to gently bring you back into the fold.
05-22-2013 04:23 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
(05-22-2013 04:23 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Congrats Hiker, its a wonderful machine and easy to ride. Just the right bike to gently bring you back into the fold.

And the CB1100 will not only bring you back up to speed in a safe and comfortable way, but provide many years of excellent service and enjoyment!
05-22-2013 04:29 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
I went from riding dirt bikes through most of my youth into the high school years to not riding again until I bought a used street bike in my mid-40s. When I was kid riding off-road, I don't recall having a care in the world. I always feel just a bit of an edginess while riding on the street, constantly expecting others on the road to pull the stupidest of moves, and I doubt that will ever change. I can say that the CB1100 squeezes every bit of enjoyment possible out of the rest of my system not consumed by looking out for potential dangers. The experience of riding the CB1100 pretty much epitomizes just about everything that I enjoy about riding motorcycles in general.

I'm guessing that you'll find yourself out and about on the CB quite a bit more often than you might imagine. Congratulations on the new Honda, welcome both to the forum and back to riding. Stay safe and enjoy!

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
05-22-2013 08:02 PM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
(05-22-2013 08:02 PM)Guth Wrote:  I always feel just a bit of an edginess while riding on the street, constantly expecting others on the road to pull the stupidest of moves, and I doubt that will ever change. I can say that the CB1100 squeezes every bit of enjoyment possible out of the rest of my system not consumed by looking out for potential dangers.

Nothing wrong with that, Guth. You call it edginess, I call it being hyperalert. Same thing really, at least as you've described it. You can't be too aware of your surroundings in this age of cell phones, texting and watching movies on your dashboard. Even when I'm out in the country with little traffic I stay equally alert. Suicidal pheasants and the occasional antelope are reason enough.

Welcome back, HikerToo. As others have stated the CB1100 works well as a reintroduction bike.
05-22-2013 09:10 PM
PowderToastMan Offline
Running Like a Top

California
Welcome to the club, friend Smile It's a beautiful bike, and it rides pretty easy. I'm sure you'll love it.
05-22-2013 09:44 PM
BackroadsRider Offline
Break-In Period

Marshall TX
Kept looking at the Triumph Bonneville and Guzzi V7 for the last several years but could never pull the trigger. Then Honda introduces the CB1100 and its all over. Have been wrestling Harleys for 20 years and I had forgotten how light the steering can be on a bike! I love this bike.
05-22-2013 11:27 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Mr. P: Sounds like another situation th . . .GoldOxide — 05:42 AM
peterbaron — 05:37 AM