Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Take that wind!
Dangergirl416 Offline
Break-In Period

Vancouver, WA
RE: Take that wind!
Glad I went with the street shield. It really keeps the wind off, just a little drag on the helmet but that's not surprising. So far, it's a thumbs-up for me. Smile
05-29-2013 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gcarper Offline
1st Service Completed

Gaffney SC USA
(05-29-2013 05:49 PM)Dangergirl416 Wrote:  Glad I went with the street shield. It really keeps the wind off, just a little drag on the helmet but that's not surprising. So far, it's a thumbs-up for me. Smile

Just wanted to say I've installed the Street Shield also and it works fine. Tried out a Deflector I had and wasn't really OK with it. Street Shield mounts solid and fits in with the CBs style
06-10-2013 05:01 PM
FUZZY Offline
Running Like a Top

Houston,TX.
(06-10-2013 05:01 PM)gcarper Wrote:  
(05-29-2013 05:49 PM)Dangergirl416 Wrote:  Glad I went with the street shield. It really keeps the wind off, just a little drag on the helmet but that's not surprising. So far, it's a thumbs-up for me. Smile

Just wanted to say I've installed the Street Shield also and it works fine. Tried out a Deflector I had and wasn't really OK with it. Street Shield mounts solid and fits in with the CBs style

Like my SS too! Got to try in rain Saturday. It's good for the wind.lol
06-10-2013 05:32 PM
meowguy Offline
Running Like a Top

Saco, ME USA
(05-29-2013 09:21 AM)Minnesotajeff Wrote:  Any further ride-report Dangergirl? I installed the Puig on mine and it helps, but i'm still getting tired of the wind blast. Initially i wanted the least obvious (small) shield I could find, but now I think I should have gone larger for comfort. Anxious to hear more about your experience with this shield.

Thanks

I have the same screen on order, but I am not putting those hose clamps on my forks without something to keep them from chafing against the metal. I am thinking a nice layer of Gorilla Duct Tape around the fork, then apply the hose clamp would protect them very well. Either that or a piece of thin brass shim. It does look ideal for the bike.

The two of you must be sight going down the road, the CB1100 and that monster in garage behind it. Big Grin

If you would put your head in a helmet it wouldn't be empty.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 05:14 AM by meowguy.)
06-11-2013 05:13 AM
jamboa Offline
1st Service Completed

(06-11-2013 05:13 AM)meowguy Wrote:  
(05-29-2013 09:21 AM)Minnesotajeff Wrote:  Any further ride-report Dangergirl? I installed the Puig on mine and it helps, but i'm still getting tired of the wind blast. Initially i wanted the least obvious (small) shield I could find, but now I think I should have gone larger for comfort. Anxious to hear more about your experience with this shield.

Thanks

I have the same screen on order, but I am not putting those hose clamps on my forks without something to keep them from chafing against the metal. I am thinking a nice layer of Gorilla Duct Tape around the fork, then apply the hose clamp would protect them very well. Either that or a piece of thin brass shim. It does look ideal for the bike.

The two of you must be sight going down the road, the CB1100 and that monster in garage behind it. Big Grin
I will soon have Street Shield and Plexifairing II N8332 forsale on the lassified sectionfor $10 cheaper than anywhere else for CB11 forum members.

13 Honda CB11
17 Triumph T-120 Bonnie Gloss Black
13 Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer

04 Triumph T100 Bonneville SE Light Crusier Touring Modded 904cc
06-11-2013 09:27 AM
FUZZY Offline
Running Like a Top

Houston,TX.
(06-11-2013 09:27 AM)jamboa Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 05:13 AM)meowguy Wrote:  

Thanks

I will soon have Street Shield and Plexifairing II N8332 forsale on the lassified sectionfor $10 cheaper than anywhere else for CB11 forum members.

What did u decide to go with instead?Huh
06-11-2013 09:48 AM
meowguy Offline
Running Like a Top

Saco, ME USA
DangerGirl,

I cannot thank you enough for posting those excellent pictures of your installation. I got my shield today, and after reading the directions twice I still did not have clue. Your photos made it possible for me to figure out the angles and the assembly perfectly.

National Cycle ought to be giving you a free "something" for the service you have provided your fellow bikers.Smile

Jim.

If you would put your head in a helmet it wouldn't be empty.
06-11-2013 04:04 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
Tube tires are well used on the Africa T . . .GoldOxide — 08:27 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
I literally, yesterday, put on a T32. br . . .m in sc — 07:52 AM
2021 Guzzi V7 Special