Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Northeast U.S. Meet ?
ClassicVW Offline
High Mileage

New Jersey, USA
RE: Northeast U.S. Meet ?
(04-14-2015 06:07 AM)The ferret Wrote:  8 hours is a " real ride" ? Boy you island guys are spoiled ROFL

j/k Thumbs Up

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark....

--George
[i]"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day that you find out why" [/i]-- Mark Twain
04-14-2015 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hedge Offline
1st Service Completed

Fairfield County - CT
(04-13-2015 06:41 PM)uscgmac Wrote:  Bear mountain N.Y. is a great place with awesome riding through Harriman state park on 7 lakes drive and the general area then a quick sprint up 9N to the town of Cold spring with has the Depot restaurant which is bike friendly with large indoor and outdoor seating. Its an old railroad station. Its all right off the Hudson river and very popular finding roads. Several observation points and scenic view stops. Just a thought.

Meant to say great riding roads, funny how spell check works or doesn't for that matter.

I have been to Bear Mountain and the riding is great. However, we could go on forever about locations. What we need to do is this -
  • Find out how many people are interested and committed to this ride
  • Find a central location that has good riding and amenities for that list of riders that want to participate
  • Agree on a date that works for everyone interested or at least the Majority . .

Just my 2 cents. Maybe it is time to take a Poll for who is interested and where you live?

[font=Times New Roman]2014 Honda CB1100 Black Beauty
2007 Triumph Bonneville Black SE
1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo
1978 Honda CB 750K[/font]
[size=medium][b]Proud to be an American Infidel![/b][/size]
04-14-2015 07:18 AM
ClassicVW Offline
High Mileage

New Jersey, USA
We also need to first figure out if this is a one-day, meetup and ride, then go your own way back home, is it a two- day meetup and ride.. is it a 2, 3, or 4 day camping meetup?

If a central meetup with camping, sites have to be checked for availability dates for however many people will attend. And are there motels for the non-campers like me?

--George
[i]"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day that you find out why" [/i]-- Mark Twain
04-14-2015 07:28 AM
DJS Offline
Running Like a Top

Long Island NY
(04-14-2015 07:18 AM)Hedge Wrote:  What we need to do is this -
  • Find a central location that has good riding and amenities for that list of riders that want to participate
  • Agree on a date that works for everyone interested or at least the Majority . .

Just my 2 cents. Maybe it is time to take a Poll for who is interested and where you live?

(04-14-2015 07:28 AM)ClassicVW Wrote:  We also need to first figure out if this is a one-day, meetup and ride, then go your own way back home, is it a two- day meetup and ride.. is it a 2, 3, or 4 day camping meetup?

If a central meetup with camping, sites have to be checked for availability dates for however many people will attend. And are there motels for the non-campers like me?

i am interested. i am on long island.
as far as dates i know i have a few weekends i am not available. (first weekend in june due to americade, the weekends around the fourth of july due to my wedding anniversary vacation and the weekend of aug 1st due to a cycle get together in ohio are all i can think of now)
i would think this should be planned as a weekend event.
you can make it 2,3 or 4 days depending on your preference.
arrive friday or saturday, depending on travel location (and if one can miss a workday)
depart sunday or monday , depending on travel location (and if one can miss a workday)
me personally would try to ride there friday and ride home on sunday.

2014 CB1100 DLX
04-14-2015 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hedge Offline
1st Service Completed

Fairfield County - CT
(04-14-2015 08:01 AM)DJS Wrote:  
(04-14-2015 07:18 AM)Hedge Wrote:  What we need to do is this -

(04-14-2015 07:28 AM)ClassicVW Wrote:  We also need to first figure out if this is a one-day, meetup and ride, then go your own way back home, is it a two- day meetup and ride.. is it a 2, 3, or 4 day camping meetup?

depending on travel location (and if one can miss a workday)
me personally would try to ride there friday and ride home on sunday.
If it is close enough - I would arrive Sat and leave Sunday other than that arrive Friday and leave Sunday

[font=Times New Roman]2014 Honda CB1100 Black Beauty
2007 Triumph Bonneville Black SE
1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo
1978 Honda CB 750K[/font]
[size=medium][b]Proud to be an American Infidel![/b][/size]
04-14-2015 08:23 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts