Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New cafe bars
Brett Gould Offline
Break-In Period

Alabama
New cafe bars
Hey guys. I'm still not exactly sure how all of this forum stuff works. However, I just recently installed some new café bars from Dime City Cycles with new nickel finished billet aluminum grips that I think you guys would find interesting. Matches the heat wrap that I put on the pipes. I'm going to have to find new mirrors but the riding position and feel is amazing. Café style. I don't have much to comment on the vibration, but I feel that sometimes with the mods you give up a little comfort to look cool. The riding position is great. Im in the process of trying to get some pics together and see if I can I can get them loaded properly. Either way, Dime City Cycles out of Florida is awesome. It took me three orders to get what I wanted. Each time I just returned the box back to UPS and in 3 days I was refunded my money plus shipping cost. Their t-shirts are awesome too. I have no affiliation with them, but was very pleased with the service. I don't know yet if the weights in the old bars is going to be an issue, but so far I am really happy with the look. I will try to upload some pic.

Brett
10-18-2014 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
RE: New cafe bars
Hi Brett! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your bike with the new bars and the wrap you have on your pipes. I subscribe to Dime City's YouTube channel and they look to be a great outfit. Cool videos and customization work for sure!

I've found photobucket to be the easiest way to get pictures onto these posts. Once uploaded, just copy the IMG link and paste into your post. The photo will appear once you post your reply.

Welcome to the forum!

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
10-18-2014 07:38 PM
Brett Gould Offline
Break-In Period

Alabama
I have a few pics but not the best. Going to order some mirrors. Going to have to use the stock mirror threads and not the bar ends that I had. Thanks for the suggestion. When I try to upload now it says my file is to big. I will try your idea.

Ok here goes another try

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/b...3773961638

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 06:46 AM by The ferret.)
10-19-2014 07:45 PM
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
Very nice. Very hooligan-esque! Haha. Would be cool if you can find a way to get bar end mirrors on there. Using the stock location seems like it would detract a bit from the lines you have going on. But, I guess it will depend on the mirrors you get. You planning on chopping off the rear fender and throwing on a solo seat? I have great plans for your bike! Mine? I'm pretty happy with it mostly stock. But if I went the route you seem to be going, I'd be thinking of getting wire wheels, a solo seat or at least a rear cowl. I like those bars and the grips look awesome. How do you like the sound coming out of that can?

Oh, and posting a link to your photobucket account is one way to do it. Another way, if you don't want people scrolling through all your stuff on there, is to simply left click on the IMG link to the right of each photo. That copies it. Then just right click, paste, into the message you're writing where you want the photo to show up and it will look like a long web address of some sort. When you post it though, that address will be replaced by the photo. Either way, you did it. Good stuff. Thanks!

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
10-20-2014 01:35 AM
12cb96vfr Offline
1st Service Completed

Charlotte, nc
looks killer man!
10-20-2014 05:16 PM
Brett Gould Offline
Break-In Period

Alabama
Thanks guys. I love the riding position. Haven't had a chance to open it up on the Hwy. just yet. I know, I really liked my old bar end mirrors, but they would sort of take away from the billet grips. Plus my oldest son dropped the bike while riding the weekend before my upgrade and broke one of them. Don't panic, he just set it down because our lab ran after him down the street. Only broke the mirror and scratched the crank case a little. Thinking about adding some of those bumper guards that we have on the SV650 for any other future mishaps. What was funny was he didn't tell me it happened till he was back at school and I couldn't reach him. He knows I'm a fanatic about this bike. I found some low profile mirrors from Dime City (I like their stuff) that I hope will not take away from the lines that I have going. Don't really care for riding without mirrors. My son thinks its cool when really its just dangerous. I like the two brothers racing exhaust. The stock sound was a little too mild for my tastes. There is video, can't remember where I saw it, but they are doing a dyno test on the CB with that exhaust. It may have even been on the two brothers site. My son has a viper exhaust on his 2000 SV650 that sounds great, but much louder than mine. He likes it that way. I think mine gives the bike just enough to make it fun. I'll post some better pics when I get the mirrors. Safe riding. Oh, and yes, I get asked about this bike every gas station I stop at. I like to tell people its a CB I restored. You wouldn't believe how many people think I'm serious.
10-20-2014 08:40 PM
Motogeezer1949 Offline
High Mileage

Winter Park Florida
I think more photos are in order. I am planning on drag bars for sons DLX, but I'm thinking on some taller risers to get the bars up more, so that my 66 year old back doesn't cause me any pain. I have a lot of miles yet to ride!

The ferret Jim Lucia, aka Motogeezer 1949
2010 BMW R1200RT
2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRS ABS
Past: Cafe'd 2014 CB1100DLX.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 60th. Anniversary
02-16-2015 07:54 PM
hb9400 Offline
Running Like a Top

Marietta ga
Used to have a set of those z bars on my '78 Suzuki GS750EC back in the day. All you need now is a nice quarter fairing for it. Too old to bend over that far forward anymore, enjoy them if you can do it Smile

The ferret
02-17-2015 05:36 PM
Motogeezer1949 Offline
High Mileage

Winter Park Florida
I found a set of chrome risers on eBay from a VS 1400 Suzuki Intruder that I'm going to try to make work.
3" rise. Once they and the drag bars get here we'll be able to mock them up and see what we've got. May be able cut them down a little if need be. The end result I'm looking for is a grip height about an inch or so lower than stock. We shall see Smile

The ferret Jim Lucia, aka Motogeezer 1949
2010 BMW R1200RT
2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRS ABS
Past: Cafe'd 2014 CB1100DLX.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 60th. Anniversary
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 07:01 PM by Motogeezer1949.)
02-17-2015 06:59 PM
dr_rock Offline
1st Service Completed

Mpls Mn
Those bars look nice and if you have long arms and torso, I bet the riding position is more comfortable than stock (on the highway at least).
04-01-2015 07:39 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 . . .misterprofessionality — 04:31 AM
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM