Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Jacket
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
RE: New Jacket
probably better than a ferret in your pants, though.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
01-19-2015 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
(01-19-2015 11:03 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  probably better than a ferret in your pants, though.

You guys are on tonight! Must be the long weekend. Haha!

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
01-19-2015 11:11 PM
grover Offline
Running Like a Top

Dallas, TX
New Jacket
If they have to alter the sleeve length at the shoulder, it'll cost pretty considerably ($100+) so hopefully you don't have to go that route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-19-2015 11:32 PM
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
(01-19-2015 11:32 PM)grover Wrote:  If they have to alter the sleeve length at the shoulder, it'll cost pretty considerably ($100+) so hopefully you don't have to go that route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! I think that with the frunk I've developed, I'll just hang on to a pull-up bar and hope that my arms stretch instead.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
01-20-2015 09:35 AM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
(01-19-2015 06:55 PM)metallyguitarded Wrote:  With the sleeve zippers closed, the leather bunches some in the elbow area. Unzipped with my arms at my sides the sleeves extend down to about the major knuckles of each hand. I'm going to take it in to the leather alteration shop I found and get a quote to take the sleeves up about 1.5 to 2 inches.

If by major knuckles you are referring to those that reside in the bone structure between the metacarpals and the phalanges (No, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I did look up a diagram of the skeletal system of a hand on the web.) it sounds to me like your jacket fits perfectly for riding. Not only will your sleeves tend to ride up a bit when you're on the bike, but as your jacket sleeves develop creases the overall length will shorten up a bit as well.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
01-20-2015 08:31 PM
gossman Offline
Running Like a Top

Poverty Gulch, Oregon
I just bought myself a new leather riding jacket, the sleeves are right below the knuckles. Like Guth stated, they should be long so you have good coverage while riding and when the jacket breaks in they will be shorter.

The part about new leather jackets I dislike is the breakin. Can't wait for it to break in to come about but it takes time, lots of time.
01-20-2015 11:16 PM
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
Thanks gentlemen, that's exactly what I'm referring to in terms of length. I'm in no rush to alter the jacket and will see how it breaks in over time. I have a feeling it will be fine like you have suggested!

01-20-2015 11:48 PM
ClassicVW Offline
High Mileage

New Jersey, USA
Even if it turns out to be an inch longer than you like, that's better than being too short. Too short is REALLY annoying to me.

--George
[i]"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day that you find out why" [/i]-- Mark Twain
01-21-2015 08:16 AM
Rboe Offline
Been There

Phx, AZ
Too short is very annoying, but I've lived with it for years. Shirts and jackets that fit the body are always too too short in the arm. They would drag on the ground but I have matching long legs - giving me the same problem in the pant department.

sigh.

2013 Honda CB1100 Red
2014 Honda CB1100 Black
2008 Honda XR650L
01-23-2015 10:20 AM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
Yep, I would love sleeves that are too long, my jackets tend to have sleeves that are too short, although gauntlet gloves cover that gap up.
And to agree with others, motorcycle clothing is supposed to fit when you are on the bike in riding position. Also assuming the body of the jacket fits like it should, for riding the jacket should be a little tighter that your average causal jacket, don't want it blowing in the wind.
My Dainese race jacket leather is preformed for that position, arms bent and forward, while riding, I can barely tell I have it on, when I get off stand straight and lower my arms, feels like I am clothed like a gladiator or Captain America!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 12:49 PM by HikerToo.)
01-23-2015 12:45 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM
Todays weather
Correct, Gone.Cormanus — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>