Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oregon Coast Ride June, 2013 (Update: videos added)
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Oregon Coast Ride June, 2013 (Update: videos added)
Our family had an Oregon coast trip planned for a few months now. I ended up riding the CB1100, which allowed the rest of my family to get a head start and I had a nice bike ride to look forward to when I got out of work on Friday. The coast isn't that far away from Portland, but by the time I got done wandering around, I ended up riding for about 260 miles this weekend and I enjoyed my time on the CB immensely. Mother Nature decided to weep on me the first day, from top of the coast range pass all the way down to the coast. The Bridgestone tires did nice on the damp road surfaces. I took Highway 26 from Portland to Cannon Beach and then I followed Highway 101 down into Manzanita where we stayed. Today was absolutely beautiful out. I could not have picked a more perfect day to ride. I cruised back up 101 to get some video in the sunshine and then I rode back down 101 to Highway 53 for some non-stop twisties until it brought me back to 26 and then on homeward back to Portland.

The CB1100 was a great travelling partner. Easily passing other vehicles in 5th gear when needed and it goes down the highway with such ease. Coming back home, I started to get a better feel for flicking it around through the tight stuff and I had a blast. I had no problems at all with the ergonomics nor with the seat. I like the way pretty much everything is set up at the moment. The bike represents a very comfortable fit for me and a very nice ride overall.

Here are a couple of photos and some video I shot along the ride.

The CB taking a break:

The view from Hug Point's parking lot:

I just picked up a chest harness for my GoPro and wish I had a chance to use it before this ride. The angle is set a bit low. But hey, you do get a great extended look at the beautiful piece of sculpture that is the CB1100 fuel tank. Big Grin

Headed northbound on US101, north of Manzanita:

Headed back southbound on 101, south of Tolovana Beach:

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 07:27 PM by Guth.)
06-09-2013 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
RE: Oregon Coast Ride June, 2013
Wow, is that a blue sky I see ...or maybe PhotoShop'd :-)
06-09-2013 05:24 PM
bronx boy Offline
Break-In Period

the bronx, ny
(06-09-2013 04:57 PM)Guth Wrote:  Our family had an Oregon coast trip planned for a few months now. I ended up riding the CB1100, which allowed the rest of my family to get a head start and I had a nice bike ride to look forward to when I got out of work on Friday. The coast isn't that far away from Portland, but by the time I got done wandering around, I ended up riding for about 260 miles this weekend and I enjoyed my time on the CB immensely. Mother Nature decided to weep on me the first day, from top of the coast range pass all the way down to the coast. The Bridgestone tires did nice on the damp road surfaces. I took Highway 26 from Portland to Cannon Beach and then I followed Highway 101 down into Manzanita where we stayed. Today was absolutely beautiful out. I could not have picked a more perfect day to ride. I cruised back up 101 to get some video in the sunshine and then I rode back down 101 to Highway 53 for some non-stop twisties until it brought me back to 26 and then on homeward back to Portland.

The CB1100 was a great travelling partner. Easily passing other vehicles in 5th gear when needed and it goes down the highway with such ease. Coming back home, I started to get a better feel for flicking it around through the tight stuff and I had a blast. I had no problems at all with the ergonomics nor with the seat. I like the way pretty much everything is set up at the moment. The bike represents a very comfortable fit for me and a very nice ride overall.

I'll update this post with some video footage when I get a chance. For now, here are a couple of photos...

The CB taking a break:

The view from Hug Point's parking lot:

god, i love the west coast.

drum bun
bronx boy

2013 cb1100
2012 gldwing
2006 fjr1300
06-09-2013 05:34 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Sounds like a great ride
06-09-2013 05:34 PM
oldyaler Offline
1st Service Completed

Monroe,NC
Awesome photos.
06-09-2013 05:53 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
This Jacket Doesn't Exist...
Yeah, but blood turns dark brown when it . . .Gone in 60 — 02:26 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
It can be satisfying watching the evolut . . .GoldOxide — 02:10 PM
Red is good. Doesn't show blood as easi . . .GoldOxide — 02:08 PM
2024 East Coast Rally - Official Thread
Maybe I'll ride the 710 miles down on Sa . . .EmptySea — 12:05 PM
Folks: I just heard back from the Comfo . . .The A-man — 11:35 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
it is a great bike, no doubt. its legiti . . .m in sc — 11:32 AM
In a thread a while back, I mentioned a . . .Gone in 60 — 11:30 AM
Good afternoon all, Well, the East . . .TooSlo — 09:15 AM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,990
» Forum posts: 330,298

Full Statistics