Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dyno results....Re-dyno after reflash?
Waldo Offline
Break-In Period

United States
Dyno results....Re-dyno after reflash?
I just had my bike Dyno'd today. I have a TSR air funnel K&N air filter and a custom slip on exhaust from cone engineering. I had the mods on before the tune. The baseline was 86.39 hp and 68.22 torque and I ended up with 91.19 hp and 71.40 torque. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on getting my bike reflas he'd in the future to remove all the de tunes just to have a little more response and a little more on the top end doesn't hurt. My question is would another dyno be worth it after a reflash or will the reflash just improve upon my previous dyno?
01-20-2015 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
RE: Dyno results....Re-dyno after reflash?
what/how did they adjust or tune in your Dyno?
A dyno just measures things, they have to tune or change something to get more HP based on what the Dyno shows them....
01-20-2015 08:00 AM
Waldo Offline
Break-In Period

United States
(01-20-2015 08:00 AM)HikerToo Wrote:  what/how did they adjust or tune in your Dyno?
A dyno just measures things, they have to tune or change something to get more HP based on what the Dyno shows them....

I have a PCV installed.

I mean since the reflash changes how the bike runs would abother dyno run and retune be worth it.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 08:19 AM by Waldo.)
01-20-2015 08:17 AM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
I believe Don ( Guhls.com) has a couple flash profiles he could put on.
1. My 2013 Dyno tuned onsite w/Staintune( has fuel, timing, limits programmed) fuel map close to PCV
2. Ridem32 had one done with just the limits removed, shipped no bike ( if you are keeping PCV that may be option for you.
3. CIP52 had PCV fuel settings applied, timing tweaked and limits removed. shipped, no bike
4. Metal just had his 2014 ECU flashed, not sur what he ended up with. shipped, no bike.
Have you looked at the PCV fuel ratio they ended up giving you?
Install the DynoJet software on your PC, connect your PCV via USB cable, load/view the map on your PCV to see what fuel changes they made.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 09:07 AM by HikerToo.)
01-20-2015 09:00 AM
grover Offline
Running Like a Top

Dallas, TX
It would be interesting to do a post-flash dyno just to see any changes vs. PCV and ensure the A/F ratios are still in good health...
01-20-2015 09:04 AM
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
I just checked the Dynojet website and the map created off of my bike is now listed as an available download (16-040-002 Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on Stock air filter), however, when I click on the link I get a "Page Cannot be Found" message. I suppose it's still in the process of being made available.

HikerToo, I think you're referring to me in #4 and, actually, my ECU is still stock. I took my bike to Dynojet and they installed the PC-V and tuned the bike in order to develop the new map. I'm still considering having my ECU reflashed and, if I do so, need to decide whether to simply remove the limits (#2) and continue running my PC-V or, option #5, see if Don can load the fuel map created at Dynojet directly onto my ECU allowing me to do away with the PC-V. Of course, there's always option #6 - leave well enough alone! Haha. My horsepower and torque numbers are great. The bike rides perfectly.

Waldo, those are great numbers. You need to figure out if the person who would perform your reflash can use the fuel map developed from your tune and download it directly onto your ECU. If so, that would seem to be the best option. It's possible that some minor tweaks could be made to the map after the limits are removed but I don't know that they would be substantial enough to warrant paying for another tune. If you have money to spend and/or connections with a dyno tuner, then why not? Reflash and tune all over. That means, however, that you'll still be running a PC-V after the reflash. It seems that most often, the goal is to do away with a piggy back device and just have the reflashed ECU with the best map available. But I have read of people doing/running both a PC-V and ECU reflash - most often those are track racers looking to squeak out every last drop of HP available.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
01-20-2015 09:30 AM
Rboe Offline
Been There

Phx, AZ
A reflash, depending on the map installed (and your goals for a remap) will negate the need for a PC-V. With the ECU now mapped the way you want, the power commander becomes surplus.

2013 Honda CB1100 Red
2014 Honda CB1100 Black
2008 Honda XR650L
01-20-2015 01:21 PM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
(01-20-2015 09:30 AM)metallyguitarded Wrote:  Of course, there's always option #6 - leave well enough alone! Haha. My horsepower and torque numbers are great. The bike rides perfectly.

Yes, but can you do 113 MPH? :-)
And think what the advanced timing in lower 4/5 gears would do for you.....
01-20-2015 01:32 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(01-20-2015 01:32 PM)HikerToo Wrote:  Yes, but can you do 113 MPH? :-)

Oooh.... wicked ROFL

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
01-20-2015 02:40 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
Love those HP numbers!

One of these days I'm going to take my bike up to Don. I have Motogear headers, Staintune and TSR air funnel.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
01-20-2015 03:27 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM