Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Superbrace
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
RE: Superbrace
(02-17-2015 11:56 AM)Pauley Wrote:  Installed my new superbrace last week. Have riden about 150 miles since.

May be my imagination, but I think I notice a subtle but perceptable improvement in the feel of the front end - a little more solid, a little more responsive to countersteer. I don't ride close to the edge at all so I'll probably never know.

Main reason I installed the superbrace was to potenitally cure (or reduce) my mysterious front tread feathering problem. The OE Dunlop on the front has feathered pretty badly with only about 6k miles on it. I'm going to replace with a new front Bridgestone BT54 in a few weeks - hopefully the Bridgestone will fare better with the superbrace on there. We'll see. I'll report back when I have a couple of thousand miles on the new front tire...

Glad to hear it Pauley. I, too, have put some miles on since having installed the SuperBrace and also am convinced there is a subtle, but real, improvement in front end feel. I hope it solves your tire issues as well. Keep us posted!

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
02-17-2015 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Me too.
02-17-2015 09:42 PM
Hedge Offline
1st Service Completed

Fairfield County - CT
(02-02-2015 02:25 PM)metallyguitarded Wrote:  This morning I ordered the Superbrace plus fork guards in anodized black. I sent an email to the company, mentioned the forum and how they had previously offered a discount and asked if one was still available. I received a quick reply with a discount code giving me 10% off which I very much appreciate. I just received another email confirming that the item shipped today. Gotta love good customer service and fast shipping!

I'll post photos once I receive and install it.

Nice - I have them on my Bonneville and it makes a huge difference.

[font=Times New Roman]2014 Honda CB1100 Black Beauty
2007 Triumph Bonneville Black SE
1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo
1978 Honda CB 750K[/font]
[size=medium][b]Proud to be an American Infidel![/b][/size]
03-05-2015 10:52 AM
AndyHe Offline
1st Service Completed

WA State
I sent an email to the company on Monday inquiring about the discount and they said they are out of stock right now for CB1100 so I should try back in a couple of weeks.

Also checked to see if they could have the lettering say "CB1100" rather than SuperBrace but haven't heard back.
03-05-2015 12:14 PM
Hedge Offline
1st Service Completed

Fairfield County - CT
(03-05-2015 12:14 PM)AndyHe Wrote:  I sent an email to the company on Monday inquiring about the discount and they said they are out of stock right now for CB1100 so I should try back in a couple of weeks.

Also checked to see if they could have the lettering say "CB1100" rather than SuperBrace but haven't heard back.

Changing it to CB1100 is not gonna happen my man!

03-05-2015 12:23 PM
NightRider Offline
Running Like a Top

Tennessee
I suggest that Honda did not produce a CB1100 that has a defect requiring bracing but instead there is an alignment issue on a certain percentage of bikes that need correction at the Dealer rather than something added to mask the problem. So, if you have a feathering issue take it to the dealer first and see what the issue really is. - Art

2014 CB1100 Black Edition - FOUR EVER
03-05-2015 02:10 PM
Hedge Offline
1st Service Completed

Fairfield County - CT
(03-05-2015 02:10 PM)NightRider Wrote:  I suggest that Honda did not produce a CB1100 that has a defect requiring bracing but instead there is an alignment issue on a certain percentage of bikes that need correction at the Dealer rather than something added to mask the problem. So, if you have a feathering issue take it to the dealer first and see what the issue really is. - Art

The Bracing isnt made for defects. It beefs up the front end. A Steering dampener wouldnt be bad either. It controls or in better words buffers wheel hop.

03-05-2015 07:25 PM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
A front end is like a bridge. The longer the unsupported span, the greater the chance for flex. On bikes with plastic fenders (which provide little rigidity,) the span between lower tree and axle is a long one and twist can be a problem. The steel fender on the CB puts a support mid way between the axle and the lower tree. Still a fork brace can't hurt adding yet another support to supress twisting. For front ends, rigidity is a good thing.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
03-05-2015 08:15 PM
NightRider Offline
Running Like a Top

Tennessee
(03-05-2015 07:25 PM)Hedge Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 02:10 PM)NightRider Wrote:  I suggest that Honda did not produce a CB1100 that has a defect requiring bracing but instead there is an alignment issue on a certain percentage of bikes that need correction at the Dealer rather than something added to mask the problem. So, if you have a feathering issue take it to the dealer first and see what the issue really is. - Art

The Bracing isnt made for defects. It beefs up the front end. A Steering dampener wouldnt be bad either. It controls or in better words buffers wheel hop.

That is the theory, that being the CB1100 somehow is lacking here in design, somehow needs "beefing up" as if Honda shorted us or something (the idea!) and because of this it needs this brace or it suffers wheel hop or flexes too much to ride smoothly or is feathering the front tire or something else perhaps depending on the owner and also that a bike that is not a sport bike somehow needs more steering dampening over and above what this modern motorcycle already provides.

My statement stands on those points also. If you review the semi-positive posts about this modification, it seems there is a need to correct some issue, and that issue seems to vary depending on the purchaser, much like snake oil in days gone by.

2014 CB1100 Black Edition - FOUR EVER
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:33 PM by NightRider.)
03-05-2015 10:16 PM
xpacpal1x Offline
1st Service Completed

West Los Angeles
(03-05-2015 08:15 PM)The ferret Wrote:  The steel fender on the CB puts a support mid way between the axle and the lower tree.

I say the flimsy stock fender provides little in terms of rigidly and support. Most of my riding is on twisty canyon roads and away from stop and go traffic. I have Superbrace mounted on my bike and would never take it off. Handling just feels more precise. I highly recommend the Superbrace (esthetically looks great on the CB1100) or any other fork brace.
03-06-2015 09:35 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
This explains why I liked the T32s then. . . .misterprofessionality — 08:52 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974
» Forum posts: 329,751

Full Statistics

>