Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROX 5cm bar riser report
Nightengale Offline
1st Service Completed

I live wherever I'm at
RE: ROX 5cm bar riser report
(05-23-2017 10:42 AM)popgun Wrote:  Go welcome some new members Nightengale...

Yeah, thought about that... I've got thousands of posts 'elsewhere', just not here. Generally I don't say much on the boards.

I haven't tried the risers again, but will. Just got my new-to-me Arrow slip-on installed, sounds great. Too sore for a ride (split several cords of wood today) and it's just not smart to ride when tired to try out the new 'tunes on the bike.

Good grief. Post 7.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2017 04:36 PM by Nightengale.)
05-25-2017 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nightengale Offline
1st Service Completed

I live wherever I'm at
Definitely a no-go on the 2" or 2 1/4" Rox Risers (Standard 2014 model bike), so I sold them. The third install attempt included attempted adjustments of the front hydraulic brake line to optimize best angle and best routing. I don't know if my bike has a extra short front brake line or not - but there was absolutely no way these were going to work. It was easy to see that the front brake line would be seriously overstretched and the risers still weren't fully pivoted into the correct position, so I gave up.

Just got in some SW-Motech 1" up - 1" rearward riser inserts. Too cold and dark to try these out, but I expect them to fit, since they're used and came off of another CB1100 and they fit the previous owner. They have half of the rise as the Rox's I tried.

My goal is to improve the riding position. I want to have a more sit up then the stock lean forward position, which with stock bars, stock risers and my size torso / arms, the stock setup requires a forward reaching / leaning position.

The snow is still going to be on the ground so all I'll be able to do this winter is try these out in the garage and see how they feel.

Liking the Arrow by the way. Easy install, quality fit and finish, very nice sound, summer rides with it were definitely enjoyable.
01-16-2018 08:43 PM
jimgl3 Offline
High Mileage

Covington, Ga
well, I was looking at them too, but the price just kept keeping me away. I'm a skinflint! so, I find these Chinese made ones on EBay for $16. first go round they wouldn't quite tighten up in the stock clamps, so I put duct tape around the bottom things that go in the stock clamps where the handle bar used to go and walla! they tighten right up and you can't even see the duct tape. it is hidden completely away inside the clamps. I chose to undo the brake line retainer that also holds the horns. that allowed the brake line to reach without getting tight and I can't see any danger in it binding on anything. I'll keep a close check, and if I see trouble, I'll get the stainless steel lines I've been wanting anyway.
01-17-2018 12:47 PM
jedd Offline
Running Like a Top

Austin, TX
I tried the rotating Rox risers, only to have found out that the rox wasn't able to be clamped down tight enough to prevent the bar from rotating. A firm push or tug was all it took to rotate them, despite cranking down heavily on the top clamp bolts like a gorilla. Thus, I returned them back to Rox.

I then decided to go with the fixed position of SW Motech offset risers. In the interim, however, I rotated my bar back, and then repositioned the levers to fit my arms' ergos. It's not ideal, but that accomplished my single goal: to scoot 1"-2" farther away from the gas tank so I dont' scratch tank w/ my zipper. That was 1 yr ago, and as of date, I have no problems having my bar rotated back and down
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 11:05 AM by jedd.)
01-18-2018 11:00 AM
jimgl3 Offline
High Mileage

Covington, Ga
really liking these things!! no more bending forward! should have done this a long time ago!
01-21-2018 07:34 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
Nah, just routine - catch, flip on bac . . .GoldOxide — 12:47 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Looking back at your offer, that is very . . .Gone in 60 — 11:59 AM
The same bike not even broken in with . . .m in sc — 11:53 AM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
Chilly but sunny day and another 87 mile . . .peterbaron — 11:51 AM
:clap:peterbaron — 11:50 AM
The same bike not even broken in with 1, . . .Ollie — 11:46 AM
CRISIS During the time that the Triumph . . .misterprofessionality — 11:25 AM
Nah, just routine - catch, flip on back . . .Gone in 60 — 10:13 AM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,518