Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2nd Anniversary
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
2nd Anniversary
This forum was launched two years ago today.

A good percentage of those who signed up in the first week back in 2013 have remained active on the forum. The initial wave of members has been followed by another two thousand or so others. While the number of those who are truly active on the forum remains reasonable, we have a great core group of people that keep this place interesting. There has been lot of change in two years time. Sadly such change included the loss of the 2nd person to sign up — OldF7Guy. But there has been some exciting change as well, including the CB1100 itself.

Fortunately, one of the constants around here has been the Ferret. As always, I can't say enough good things about him. Thanks again Mickey (the original Mr. RLET), it's been a fun ride so far.

Speaking of rides, it's really cool to see so many here getting a chance to meet one another as a result of this forum. The number of acquaintances and friendships that develop as a result of this community is sure to continue to grow thanks to upcoming rallies and other various gatherings.

I'd also like to thank our forum sponsors: SuperBrace and Samurider.com. Their support is very much appreciated.

Finally, my thanks to all of you who make up the CB1100Forum community. This forum has remained a wonderfully civil resource for most anyone seeking CB1100 information thanks in no small part to all of you.

Cheers all — here's to another year of "CB1100ness"!

All the best,
Guth

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
04-13-2015 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Randy B Offline
Road Warrior

Palm Bay FL
RE: 2nd Anniversary
Again I say.....where is the like button? Big Grin
04-13-2015 01:44 AM
Blockhead Offline
Running Like a Top

Pittsburgh
Many thanks to all who make this forum what it is...Clap
04-13-2015 02:33 AM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
My CB1100 hasn't lost its charm after 2 years of ownership and this forum just keeps getting better and better.

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs up to Guth and Ferret! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
04-13-2015 02:34 AM
ride4now Offline
High Mileage

Florida / Georgia USA
I've been here 'almost' from the beginning and two years later I'm still enjoying the bike AND this forum! Guth, thanks for starting it and Ferrett, thanks for 'running' it.
Here's to many more years of CB1100ness... Thanks

‘22 BMW R1250 GSA
‘14 Honda CB1100 DLX
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
‘70 Kawasaki H1 500
04-13-2015 03:37 AM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
Guth,

Hard to believe its been 2 years! I still love my CB and this forum. Thank you for starting it!!!

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
04-13-2015 04:14 AM
Setchman Offline
1st Service Completed

Milwaukee, WI
Congratulations and thanks to all of you who have made this forum such a interesting and informative place. It's a great resource for all of us who share a passion for this bike. Keep up the good work!!
ThanksThanks
04-13-2015 04:46 AM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Clap woo hoo HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CB1100 FORUM The ferret

From humble beginnings. The brainchild of one fellow from Orygon with a fondness for the Honda inline 4. That of course would be Mr Guth. I'm pretty sure Guth had no idea on how to start or run a website, but he didn't let that deter him, and on April 13th at 4:26 P.M. he turned the key, hit the starter button, fired this baby up and got it running on all 4 cylinders. We are so lucky he did. Banana

During the first 24 hours 19 members signed on (myself included). Of those 19, TEN are still active and frequent posters. That's amazing to me. Of course we were all saddened by the sudden loss of OldF7Guy (Eric) one of our first members and as an enthusiastic fellow about the CB 1100 as I have seen, even though it took him nearly 2 years to get one. Sure wish he had had more time to enjoy it. RIP Eric. Sad

We currently have 2,176 members registered from something like 21 countries around the world, and members with all 6 model years of CB 1100's released have joined (2010-2015). Our members have made a total of 81,609 posts in 4,882 threads. Beer

The goal from the beginning was to keep this forum centered on the CB 1100 and motorcycling in general. Civility, respect for fellow members, and a family friendly atmosphere were high on the list of elements desired for this website. For the most part it has been pretty smooth sailing. I have smiled, laughed out loud, frowned, cried, and shook my head with/at you on more occasions than I can count... and a few times I have gotten so angry I have turned off the computer and walked away from it for awhile. I have even managed to meet and ride with some of you. It's been awesome. You have posted amazing reports of rides in far away and exotic locations with strange names and shared absolutely stunning pictures, sharing your CB's and homelands with all of us. Even though we have grown from a small group to this huge mob, I can count the rabble rousers and dissidents that have caused issues on one hand and one more finger lol. There has only been 1 member banned and 1 member blocked in the history of the website. Considering the standards we strive to uphold here, I also find that amazing. Our members (you guys) are just outstanding people and I appreciate you so much. Worship

Next month we will have our first rally in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina with members coming from as far away as Australia. I am so looking forward to it.. meeting members and shaking hands in person...oh and riding CB1100's around some tremendously entertaining roads, sharing laughs and food, and seeing some outstanding accessorized and modified CB 1100's. It's going to be epic! Excited

For me it's been 2 years, 2 CB's and close to 20,000 miles. Today I will add more miles to my Dlx's odometer to commemorate this auspicious occasion. Oh who am I kidding? I'm an enthusiast, like all of you, and would be riding anyway. What a great motorcycle. Thanks Honda for finally bringing it to this country and thanks Guth for giving us CB enthusiasts a place to gather and share. Thumbs Up

Folks if I were a drinker I'd raise a glass of champagne to Guth and to all of you, but I'm not, so even though you can't see it, I am raising my cup of hot tea and simply saying Thanks

Now as Empty Sea would say RLET's ride! ROFL

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 07:16 AM by The ferret.)
04-13-2015 05:01 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
I've only been here for one year and have thoroughly enjoyed the civility, fun, information and the camaraderie of the members.
Good job everyone! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 05:18 AM by Rocky.)
04-13-2015 05:17 AM
CA200 Offline
High Mileage

Madison Wi.
A big thank you to Guth and ferret and everybody on the forum.
I come here everyday and it really helps keep me sane up here in Wi. .Thanks
04-13-2015 06:41 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In th . . .Gone in 60 — 02:26 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Good story, Ferret. I had something sim . . .peterbaron — 02:10 PM