Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Will the CB1100 be the last of it's kind in America?
easyriderhatch Offline
Break-In Period

USA
RE: Will the CB1100 be the last of it's kind in America?
(04-16-2015 10:39 AM)The ferret Wrote:  I am a dinosaur yes, a velociraptor!

It's unlikely the UJM "as we know it" will make much more of a presence in motorcycle inventories,(it's possible Suz, Kaw and Yam will bring big air cooled 4's in, they have them, just have to wait and see) but UJMs/Standards have actually had a pretty good run the last 14 years spurred on IMO when John Bloor brought back the Bonneville.(hard to believe it's been 14 years already) . Triumph (bonnevilles and scramblers), Moto Guzzi (several V7models plus the new California), Royal Enfield (several models), Kawasaki (W650 and 800), Ducati (GT 1000 and Scrambler) of course Harley Davidson (XL883), Yamaha (SR 400) and BMW (R1200R Classic and R9T) have all been making air cooled motors with basically upright ergos and bench type seats for years now... but....

Just as hair styles, clothes, music and movie genres change, so do motorcycles. Tomorrows UJM's are todays ADV's and their ilk. Powerful, comfortable, canyon carving, sport touring, touring, commuting do pretty much anything pretty well machines. They will never be simple again. The new customer base is demanding more and more electronics and just like my Honda pick-up is closer to a Cadillac CTS in amenities than it was to my old Chev C-10, even though one is fancier, and infinitely more complicated, in the end they are both pick-ups.

Chip, I think both of our son's drive Ducati Monsters with Termioni's. In 30 years, when they look back, those will be their classics. Heck in 30 years anything with an ICE may be considered a classic lol
I put on the leather jacket and gloves, full face helmet and crank up one of the coolest motorcycles ever made.....and no one knows how old I am! (only my plastic Surgeon) LOL
09-17-2016 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM