Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
PHOTOBUCKET DILEMMA
Hiram E. Varona Offline
1st Service Completed

Boca Raton Fl.
PHOTOBUCKET DILEMMA
CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN IN NORMAL LANGUAGE TO SOMEONE NOT COMPUTER LITERATE, HOW TO POST PICTURES IN THIS FORUM?

I HAD MY DAUGHTER SHOW ME ON A RECENT POSTING AND WAS ABLE TO POST A PHOTO, BUT NOW IT'S ALL GREEK TO ME. I'VE TRIED FOLLOWING THE "TUTORIALS" ON HOW TO POST PICTURES, BUT THIS INFORMATION IS GEARED TO THOSE WHO ALLREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS! TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THEY USE ABBREVIATIONS CONSTANTLY THEN THEY EMPHASIZE HOW "EASY" IT ALL IS!

I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO FOLLOW THIESE INSTRUCTIONS AT LEAST IN FOUR DIFFERENT OCASSIONS AND I USUALLY SURRENDER TO THE LANGUAGE AND THE SPEED IN WHICH THIS DATA IS PRESENTED. I MADE MY LIVING FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS AS A MAINTENANCE ISTRUCTOR TEACHING VERY TECHNICAL DATA TO EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS. FOR THE LIFE OF ME I FAIL TO SEE THE PURPOSE OF A "TUTORIAL" THAT FAILS TO CONNECT WITH THOSE THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY LEARNING THE SUBJECT.

IN ORDER TO TEACH ANYTHING TO ANYONE, THE INSTRUCTOR CANNOT BEGIN HIS WORK BY "ASSUMING" THAT THERE IS SOME PRIOR KNOWLEDGE THAT ALLOWS HIM TO OMIT ESSENTIAL DETAILS. TO THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HAD TO USE COMPUTERS, THE LANGUAGE AND THE ASSUMPTIONS JUST GET IN THE WAY. IT TOOK ME MONTHS TO LEARN WANT WAS MEANT BY "RIGHT CLICK". I RECENTLY DARED TO ASK SOMEONE WHAT AN "APP" WAS!

WE KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE TEACHING THIS STUFF YOU ALREADY UNDERSTAND IT! NOW TEACH IT TO THOSE NOT ACQUAINTED. WHEN THESE PEOPLE GLOSS OVER THE STEPS INVOLVED, THEY ARE MERELY SHOWING HOW CLEVER THEY ARE, BUT FAIL TO PASS THE INFORMATION TO THOSE TRYING TO LEARN IT!!!

THIS ISSUE IS A PAINFUL ONE FOR ME, IN THAT IT'S SO FRUSTRATING TO CONSTANTLY SEEK HELP TO DO WHAT OTHERS DO WITHOUT GIVING ANY THOUGHT. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT INMENSLY. MY E MAIL IS FADAIR@HOTMAIL.COM YOU CAN CONTACT ME THERE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DEAL WITH A COMPUTER ILLETERATE. BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THAT'S WHAT YOUR DEALING WITH.
06-02-2015 08:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EGAlvarez Offline
Running Like a Top

Chester, Virginia, USA
RE: PHOTOBUCKET DILEMMA
Go to a site like Smugmug, open an account, they are pretty good about walking you through how to upload pictures into an album that you will create on that site. Then, you can open the photo album you created on Smugmug, and click on "share pictures". Select a size to share and then copy the link they will provide for that picture and then paste it into your CB1100 forum post. Note that when you post here, you have the option to "insert image", that is where you paste that link you took from Smugmug. Volia! Picture will be shared with us!

I know that this was brief but good luck! Patience is a virtue. If I can learn this stuff, so can you!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 08:52 AM by EGAlvarez.)
06-02-2015 08:50 AM
CIP57 Offline
High Mileage

NY & NC

Once you have uploaded your picture to Photobucket display the photo as shown above, then go to the IMG (circled) single left click and it will verify copied. Insert the photo into your post by right clicking your mouse and paste.

1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
06-02-2015 09:32 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Hiram, I understand you are frustrated but turn off the cap locks. In internet etiquette, that is a no no.

I'm confused, didn't you post a picture already of a motorcycle with a horse saddle on it? In this thread?

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....light=seat

You said " I MADE MY LIVING FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS AS A MAINTENANCE ISTRUCTOR TEACHING VERY TECHNICAL DATA TO EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS."

I'll bet you never tried teaching technical data to inexperienced students in a thread on the internet. That's what we are trying to do here. We have to assume if someone can make it to the internet and post on a forum that they know how to use a computer at least basically.

Lets start by getting you to answer some basic questions.

Do you have a digital camera?

Do you know how to download (transfer) the pictures from the camera to a storage file in your computer?

Do you know how to access that file? How to open it when you want to view a photo?

Do you know how to attach pictures from that file to say an email you are sending to someone?

Answer these and we will continue depending upon your answers.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
06-02-2015 09:38 AM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
Ferret, ( you knowing my pictures posting problems) Its Deja Vu all over again! Smile

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 09:54 AM by Lord Popgun.)
06-02-2015 09:53 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
yea now we can't get you to stop ROFL

Defender of the Realm
06-02-2015 10:02 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
When all else fails, get out the pen and paper and write it down, step by step.
Plenty of instructions on Google.
Like somebody said, if I can do it, you can do it - and I'll admit it took me a while to catch on.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
06-02-2015 10:19 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Absolutely write the steps down until you have them set to memory. I have a book I made, 3 ring binder with notebook paper when I first started with the computer. Its called " How to run the computer in Mickey talk". Don't need to refer to it anymore, but when I first started in was a step by step process as told to me by my wife or son, whoever was teaching me, in my own language. I had pages for passwords, log in names, turning the computer on, logging on, downloading pics, logging off etc etc and I used it until I KNEW how to do things.

Defender of the Realm
06-02-2015 12:26 PM
kennyw Offline
High Mileage

Gold Bar
Don't feel bad. I've worked with engineers that knew everything there was to know about designing a nuclear rated crane that couldn't figure out how to use their email without written instructions.

KennyW
06-02-2015 12:51 PM
CIP57 Offline
High Mileage

NY & NC
(06-02-2015 12:26 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Absolutely write the steps down until you have them set to memory. I have a book I made, 3 ring binder with notebook paper when I first started with the computer. Its called " How to run the computer in Mickey talk". Don't need to refer to it anymore, but when I first started in was a step by step process as told to me by my wife or son, whoever was teaching me, in my own language. I had pages for passwords, log in names, turning the computer on, logging on, downloading pics, logging off etc etc and I used it until I KNEW how to do things.

God bless my Dad, he use to do the same thing. When ever my son, daughter or I would say grandpa/Dad this is how you do this, he would get out his pen and say slow down kids, let me write all this down. He had a book full of hand notes. For a man in his 80's he knew his way around a computer.

1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
06-02-2015 03:02 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
The same bike not even broken in wit . . .Ollie — 08:09 PM