Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stuff arrived
jmc1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

New Hampshire
Stuff arrived
My shop manual arrived today, I was able to torque the front engine bracket and engine hanger to the proper value after the SW-Motech crashbar install..The Helmic looks complete and I'll be using it often.. My Corbin seat also arrived today, I had to shim the rear bracket, now it latches properly. As soon as I placed my feet on the pegs I felt a huge difference, the more I rode it the more I liked it. I don't slide forward and my knees are better aligned with the tank,this seat fits my seat, it is wider and firmer vast improvement, the collective knowledge of this forum helps in the decision process. Thanks!
06-29-2013 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Stuff arrived
C'mon, you have to know the drill by now... We need pocs!

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
06-29-2013 12:03 PM
Joola Offline
Running Like a Top

Los Angeles
(06-29-2013 12:03 PM)The ferret Wrote:  C'mon, you have to know the drill by now... We need p[i]cs!

[size=x-small]719 Gel Grips, Tandem Grip, Chrome Chain Guard and Meter Covers, K&H Hi Seat, Lucas Taillight, ViziTec Modulator, Painted Headlight Bucket[/size]
06-29-2013 12:55 PM
HikerToo Offline
Road Warrior

Delaware
I find myself sliding forward on the seat too......but I really do like the plain looks of the stock seat.
06-29-2013 01:08 PM
ChipBeck Offline
High Mileage

Scottsdale, Arizona
(06-29-2013 01:08 PM)HikerToo Wrote:  I find myself sliding forward on the seat too......but I really do like the plain looks of the stock seat.

I had the same problem with a Ducati Monster and a Corbin seat made it a lot more comfortable and it was almost impossible to tell that it wasn't the stock seat. Hopefully I'll get the same result when my CB11 Corbin seat arrives. To keep the stock look I'm having them build my seat in all black with no welts, without the tuck & roll stitching, and without the tabs and provisions for a backrest. Visually it looks almost identical to the stock seat. When it arrives I'll post pictures and a report on how it feels. Cheers.

Chip

The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.
06-30-2013 08:47 AM
jmc1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

New Hampshire
Chip, I also had a Monster, a 2001- 900, and I also slid forward,the corbin fixed that. I rode this morning, our state roads are lumpy and broken up but I did not have to reposition myself after each jolt. I have had 4 Corbin seats the Monster and the Honda Corbin seat are the most dramatic improvement not only comfort but also in the ride. I ordered my seat all black without a backrest provision and without the stitching.I ordered it in person at Laconia bike week , I called Corbin a week later to ensure they had my order correct. On arrival the packing slip was correct but the seat had the additional stitching....i mounted it anyway for a test ride. It ain't going back.......Good luck! PS Took 3 weeks not bad....
06-30-2013 09:24 AM
oldgoat01 Offline
1st Service Completed

I'm probably headed down the Corbin path but have hesitated as I am holding onto the hope that they come out with a solo seat. I like the look of the stock seat much more than the one shown on their website. If the adjustments Chip is doing results in a seat that looks more like the stock one, I may go ahead and pull the trigger. It's probably all a test to increase my patience as I'm still waiting on Hepco-Becker to release the C-bow mounts.

Any extra charges for the modifications you (Chip) are requesting?
06-30-2013 11:27 AM
ChipBeck Offline
High Mileage

Scottsdale, Arizona
(06-30-2013 11:27 AM)oldgoat01 Wrote:  ......If the adjustments Chip is doing results in a seat that looks more like the stock one, I may go ahead and pull the trigger.......Any extra charges for the modifications you (Chip) are requesting?

There were no extra charges and the girl on the phone was most helpful. Let's see if they indeed follow through and build it per my request or if they add the ornamental stitching anyway as happened to jmc1100. Too bad you're clear across the country or you could view and ride mine to see if you like it. I'll post detailed photos as soon as it's on though.

Chip

The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 03:37 PM by ChipBeck.)
06-30-2013 03:36 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
:blush:Lord Popgun — 05:28 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… : . . .Nachodaddy — 04:46 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was a . . .GoldOxide — 04:34 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was almos . . .Lord Popgun — 03:56 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tires… :DLord Popgun — 03:55 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
There could always be worse headlines . . .Gone in 60 — 03:10 PM
Todays weather
Today was overcast and it reached about . . .GoldOxide — 02:53 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That is very pretty! I'm a bit chal . . .GoldOxide — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,992