Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chasing the Sun
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
Video Chasing the Sun
After a day filled with yard work and errands, I was able to escape for a sunset ride on the CB. I headed east through the local canyons and foothills along Highway 94; one of my favorite rides. I shot about two hours of video but distilled it down to just under 4 minutes, all of which is on my way back, heading west.

I mounted my Drift Stealth 2 to the engine guard with the handlebar mount that came with the camera. Unfortunately, the wind noise on the camera is unbearable, even at its lowest setting. Fortunately, I added the music of Ray LaMontagne - "Supernova." I found it fit perfectly with the images of the sun shining onto the screen.

It was a perfect way to wrap up the weekend.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
08-03-2015 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
RE: Chasing the Sun
I like it. Well done. Looked like a good ride on a good road in good weather.

Cheers
08-03-2015 02:22 AM
veech Offline
Running Like a Top

Chicago Area
Very Nice. I counted exactly FOUR cars in the entire video, including at the immigration station. I would KILL for those kind of open roads here around Chicago!
08-03-2015 04:15 AM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
Well done! I think I'll go for a ride this evening. Smile

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
08-03-2015 05:02 AM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
Great video MG. I especially like the camera perspective. A few times I noticed what I call the "wagon wheel effect", instead the rotor looked like it was going backwards. Are the roads always that bare ?

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 05:22 AM by Chapomis.)
08-03-2015 05:21 AM
Inhouse Bob Offline
Road Warrior

NoVA
Great video synched nicely with a favorite song. Why don't my kids appreciate this music? I have failed as a parent :-)
08-03-2015 06:52 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Nice work MG. I enjoyed that.
08-03-2015 06:53 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
Excellent MG. The music really fit well to the video. Was that a border patrol inspection?

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
08-03-2015 07:48 AM
metallyguitarded Offline
Road Warrior

United States
(08-03-2015 02:22 AM)Pterodactyl Wrote:  I like it. Well done. Looked like a good ride on a good road in good weather.

Cheers

Thank you! I think there will be quite a few more rides at sunset in my future. The weather had cooled to a perfect temperature and added to a great ride.

(08-03-2015 04:15 AM)veech Wrote:  Very Nice. I counted exactly FOUR cars in the entire video, including at the immigration station. I would KILL for those kind of open roads here around Chicago!

Haha! Well, there were more cars than that. I got caught behind a few but edited them out of the video. Still, that road, at that time, is relatively open. It's far enough out of the city and away from the coast that traffic is very light. Not for one second do I take it for granted!

(08-03-2015 05:02 AM)EmptySea Wrote:  Well done! I think I'll go for a ride this evening. Smile

Thanks MTC! I hope you did get out for ride.

(08-03-2015 05:21 AM)Chapomis Wrote:  Great video MG. I especially like the camera perspective. A few times I noticed what I call the "wagon wheel effect", instead the rotor looked like it was going backwards. Are the roads always that bare ?

Thanks Chap! I saw that too. I really like this filming angle. I noticed a lot more bounce when I use the helmet mounts. I must have a springy neck. There's also a moment in the video when the sun is shining through the wheel and the holes in the brake rotor that I found to be pretty cool.

During the week that two lane road gets somewhat congested. Big trucks hauling gravel and construction supplies clog things up. But on the weekends, it tends to be relatively open and empty. We have a large interstate that also runs east and west that most people take who want to get to where they're going quickly. For those of us who appreciate winding roads, it's hard to beat the 94. Most weekends, between 8am and 10am, the road has a ton of motorcycles. A large number of them being sport bikes tearing through the corners.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - A. Sayle
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 08:13 AM by metallyguitarded.)
08-03-2015 08:01 AM
Pauley Offline
Running Like a Top

SF Bay Area, CA
Nice video, MG. Thanks.
08-03-2015 08:15 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,754

Full Statistics

>