Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Large images now being resized
ClassicVW Offline
High Mileage

New Jersey, USA
RE: Large images now being resized
(08-15-2015 01:09 PM)CB4ME Wrote:  Testing, testing 1, 2, 3 .......

Yep, a bit smaller.

Huh Testing? What, you didn't believe him?
I bet you're also the guy that touches the paint next to the "WET PAINT" sign!

(Just kidding with you CB4ME!) Beer

--George
[i]"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day that you find out why" [/i]-- Mark Twain
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 05:44 AM by ClassicVW.)
11-11-2015 05:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
(11-10-2015 11:46 PM)Pterodactyl Wrote:  Guth, without doubt, resize of large images is necessary. However, with respect, I have to agree with MTC regarding corruption of posts that have taken some time and effort to produce. OK, I do understand they are not masterpieces deserving of a place in cyber posterity. In fact most Seat Time posts don't attract the same amount of interest as a header polishing thread or threads concerning the substance we dare not name. But, for example, my post, Houston.........., was put in place midway through last year and was, rather surprisingly, resurrected only a few months ago so I was dissapointed to see that most of the images have disappeared. Why only some? Puzzling.

My good mate Cormanus and many others, including MTC, do put an effort into these posts so I would ask that you let us know your forum policy regarding images, archiving etc. Seat Time, and other posters, can then tailor their efforts with your guidelines in mind.

Cheers

Guth/Ferret,

In addition to my post above can you please let me know how I can resurrect the thread below. I am not permitted to edit this post:

Quote: CB1100 Forum
Sorry but you cannot edit your post. The Administrator has set it so that posts can only be edited within 4320 minutes of posting.

(07-12-2014 12:37 AM)Pterodactyl Wrote:  I posted this some time ago in another thread. There is still some interest in fitting OEM Rear Racks so will post again in its own thread. This works for the '10 - '13 models. Can't speak for the '14 so will leave that to those who have seen one. If any one wants to provide feedback please do so. I apologise for some of the photos as to hold allen keys, bolts and simultaneously take a photo is beyond me.

1. Remove seat, cover the fuel tank and tail-light bracket and then pull a pair of sports socks over the indicators. The socks protect the chrome indicator housings from Allen keys and the various bolts as they are removed and replaced. The indicators themselves can be gently pulled, or pushed, to achieve clearance as required.

2. With an allen key loosen, to just finger tight, the four grab rail assembly (the silver bits running along the frame) retaining bolts.

3. Remove the front bolts (only) completely. The grab rail assembly should stay close to "in position". Place the rack roughly in position over the grab rail assembly and tail light area.

4. Place the front of the rack so that you can slide the (longer) front bolts through the rack, spacers and grab rail assembly through to the nuts that are fixed to the frame. Tighten to finger tight. The rack is now held in position by the front bolts and now sits atop the (covered) tail light assembly at the rear, or if you have the front bolts just tight enough, sitting above the assembly.

5. Remove the rear bolts by first removing the nuts. The nuts are not attached to the frame. Best to remove the nuts by hand rather than hold the nuts and unscrew the bolts. Hang on to the nuts or let them drop and have fun finding them Rolleyes .

6. Put the rear of the rack and spacers in position and, gently moving the indicators clear, slide in the (longer) rear bolts through the rack, spacers and metal indicator seals (Honda calls them "Setting Plates") Make sure these "seals", which seal off the indicator internals, are correctly positioned with their tabs correctly positioned.

7. The tricky bit is to start the nuts, by fingers, on to the bolts. With the bolts pushed through just enough for you to work with this is achieved a flat and a bit at a time. Once started, jam the nuts ( I use my fingers) and then tighten the bolts.

8. Tighten all the grab rail mounting bolts so they don't fall out. If your fussy and have a torque wrench then tighten to 26 N.m or 19 lb.ft. Remove protectors, replace seat.

9. Have a cold beer (WARNING - leave this step to last)

VOILA!

I remove and replace my rack at regular intervals. After the first couple of times it takes less than a few minutes. Its like a lot of things in this life; once you have done it, you know how. Some key points:

1. When fitting the front, square the rack so that you can fit the spacers; the rear squares itself when the front is finger tightened
2. Don't damage the indicators when pushing in the rear bolts
3. Make sure the indicator metal seals (setting plates) are positioned correctly
4. While all of the above is going on make sure the key is out of the seat lock/helmet holder. The key is easily bent or broken while in there.

If you got all the above then removal is sorta just a reversal of installation. If you haven't got it, then mate,you are on your own! Undecided

Cheers

I don't feel creating another thread on this subject is an appropriate step.

Thanks, Tony
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 06:35 PM by Guth.)
11-11-2015 03:37 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
I know nothing of the workings of softwear...waaaaay above my pay grade. I have PM'd Guth, butI know he has been up to his eyeballs in his regular job lately. I'm sure he will get back to you guys, if you will just be patient.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
11-11-2015 04:54 PM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
Thanks Ferret, appreciate your help.

Cheers
11-11-2015 05:18 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Thanks all for bringing this up. I'll take a look into it.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
11-12-2015 07:45 AM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
It appears that the problem is only occurring for certain posts where photobucket was used and the code was manipulated in a particular fashion. There are other posts where photobucket has been used without problem (in such cases it seems only the web address of the image itself was used such as "http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/y12/joe_q_public/made_up_photo.jpg").

So maybe you guys that are experiencing problems can PM me with threads that are being impacted and I'll go in and edit them.

11-13-2015 06:59 PM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
Sounds like a plan, although I'm perfectly willing to edit my own threads if that is easier for you.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
11-13-2015 08:32 PM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
Guth, I'm happy to edit my posts. Will the time limit on edit be removed for a period? That's the only hitch. Thanks for your help.

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 11:37 PM by Pterodactyl.)
11-13-2015 11:34 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Based on past experiences, I believe it might actually be easier for me to go in and fix the posts.

11-14-2015 12:20 AM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
No worries Guth. I'll review my posts and advise by PM.

Thanks again.
11-14-2015 07:18 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM
Todays weather
Correct, Gone.Cormanus — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>