Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It is official: German Shepards choose the CB1100
V452CB1100
Unregistered

It is official: German Shepards choose the CB1100
Cruised up to my driveway, which is on a steep little mountain road, and looked up to notice my neighbor's wheel-crazy German Shepherd busting through the lame child-gate at the top of her stairs. Cussed hound will go after anything on two wheels and already attacked a neighbors dog and chewed it all to hell. The cur is uphill from me about 80 yards away and I am still straddling my bike with the engine running and sidestand up. It launches from the top of the stairs like a thoroughbred going for the Triple Crown and I get a shot of adrenaline just exploding into my body because I know this dog is mean and wants to chew something up. The adrenaline just put everything into slomo; I hit the kill switch, put down the stand, and got off the bike, coming around to the front of the bike and facing the dog in a very aggressive wrestling posture, screaming at it, telling it what I was about to do to it. Apparently my alpha dog trick worked (good thing I watch the Dog Whisperer) and the hound got submissive at the last second, rolled its eyes up at me, and slunk away with the owner, who showed up a few seconds later.

I was shaking like hell and heart rate was way up when I realized I had on my helmet, full riding leathers, heavy boots, and those gloves that have the nasty solid plastic knuckles. It would have been a hell of a fight. Hope the mangy thing doesn't get out the next time I come back from road cycling. I'd hate to have to scare it off with a water bottle.
07-04-2013 08:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Randy B Offline
Road Warrior

Palm Bay FL
RE: It is official: German Shepards choose the CB1100
I hate dog owners that can't control/contain their animals properly.
07-04-2013 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChipBeck Offline
High Mileage

Scottsdale, Arizona
I agree. I have been a dog owner for 50 years and I have zero tolerance for aggressive or vicious animals. If the owner can't keep a dog like that confined it should be destroyed the first time it bites somebody. If my own dog attacked anybody for any reason he would never see another sunrise (and I love my dog).

Chip

The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.
07-04-2013 08:51 PM
buck80mph Offline
1st Service Completed

La.
(07-04-2013 08:51 PM)ChipBeck Wrote:  I agree. I have been a dog owner for 50 years and I have zero tolerance for aggressive or vicious animals. If the owner can't keep a dog like that confined it should be destroyed the first time it bites somebody. If my own dog attacked anybody for any reason he would never see another sunrise (and I love my dog).

Chip

+1^
07-04-2013 09:49 PM
V452CB1100
Unregistered

(07-04-2013 09:49 PM)buck80mph Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 08:51 PM)ChipBeck Wrote:  I agree. I have been a dog owner for 50 years and I have zero tolerance for aggressive or vicious animals. If the owner can't keep a dog like that confined it should be destroyed the first time it bites somebody. If my own dog attacked anybody for any reason he would never see another sunrise (and I love my dog).

Chip

+1^
I quite agree. I just feel lucky I wasn't on my bicycle.
07-04-2013 09:54 PM
oldgoat01 Offline
1st Service Completed

Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

The other thing that drives me crazy is senseless, non-stop barking. The sweet song of the hound on a scent is music to my ears, the neighbors dog that barks all day long at imaginary beings or your aunt's little 'whatever-shitz' that has that 100 db non-stop yap at about 18,000 Hz...well that is another story
07-06-2013 07:06 AM
V452CB1100
Unregistered

(07-06-2013 07:06 AM)oldgoat01 Wrote:  Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

The other thing that drives me crazy is senseless, non-stop barking. The sweet song of the hound on a scent is music to my ears, the neighbors dog that barks all day long at imaginary beings or your aunt's little 'whatever-shitz' that has that 100 db non-stop yap at about 18,000 Hz...well that is another story
Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.Sad
07-06-2013 08:15 AM
Scoobynut Offline
Running Like a Top

Dickinson, ND
(07-06-2013 08:15 AM)V452CB1100 Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 07:06 AM)oldgoat01 Wrote:  Being a certified dog nut (have had terriers, hounds, spaniels, pointers, etc. and almost always multiple dogs), I understand and am extremely tolerant of 'bad behaviors'; however, I cannot tolerate unprovoked aggression.

Then "White Fang" up the street is going to be your new favorite dog. I actually should call her "Batard". Hopefully it will not happen again.Sad

I would've given that retarded owner an earful, and then some. Something along the lines of "If that dog ever touches me, I will own your house, all the furniture in it, your car and your first born child."

Once when I was riding my bicycle on city streets, a little spaniel bolted from its front yard -- the owner was standing right there -- and seemed to be attempting to bite my foot or ankle as I rode by. I took my foot off the pedal, raised my leg rearward and lowered the boom on the little maniac. Nailed him right at the base of his skull and away he went, tumbling in my wake. The owner yelled "Muffy!" in horror as I landed the blow then peddled merrily away, yelling back to the owner as I left, "Get a leash!"

Just so all you dog-lovers know, the dog jumped right to its feet after tumbling a few times and appeared unharmed. I actually like most dogs. It's just that so many idiotic and irresponsible owners don't control their animals that I have soured on most of the owners...
07-06-2013 09:03 AM
oldgoat01 Offline
1st Service Completed

(07-06-2013 08:15 AM)V452CB1100 Wrote:  

So aggressive and a barker? Lovely combination.
07-06-2013 01:57 PM
V452CB1100
Unregistered

I think I am going to file a complaint with animal control about this. My neighbor agreed to be a witness and there is already one citation to this owner.
07-06-2013 08:27 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
ALERT: A tired and weary forum.
... quite true Mr. P., even long after t . . .GoldOxide — 07:10 PM
Broken indicator lens
I’ve lost several of the earlier large . . .PowerDubs — 05:16 PM
Tire Options for our CB1100