Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quietest helmet?
jwoods986 Offline
Break-In Period

Burke, VA
Quietest helmet?
I know helmets are very subjective as far as fit (believe me, I know, I'm a XXL), but are there any sorts of standards/ratings regarding wind noise or interior sound levels? If not, what helmet(s) have you guys found to be the quietest?
09-17-2015 07:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
veech Offline
Running Like a Top

Chicago Area
RE: Quietest helmet?
https://rideapart.com/articles/5-quietes...le-helmets
09-17-2015 07:32 AM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
Well I have a Schuberth C3 on order as I want to go with a modular helmet. I have been using an Ariai Signet for many years and with ear plugs it is pretty quiet. The front chin vent broke off last week so this am I rode with my Arai Rx7 that is probably like 20 years old. I didn't use my ear plugs and wow is it loud. I am hopefully riding this afternoon so I will be using ear plugs with that old helmet. Anyhow I read that article last week and it made me lean toward the Schuberth and the Shoei. I know they rated the C3 Pro but I believe the regular C3 is real quiet also. I should get my helmet by the weekend and I will give you an update compared to my Arai's.
09-17-2015 07:46 AM
jwoods986 Offline
Break-In Period

Burke, VA
(09-17-2015 07:32 AM)veech Wrote:  https://rideapart.com/articles/5-quietes...le-helmets

Perfect, thanks!

(09-17-2015 07:46 AM)drodg58 Wrote:  Well I have a Schuberth C3 on order as I want to go with a modular helmet. I have been using an Ariai Signet for many years and with ear plugs it is pretty quiet. The front chin vent broke off last week so this am I rode with my Arai Rx7 that is probably like 20 years old. I didn't use my ear plugs and wow is it loud. I am hopefully riding this afternoon so I will be using ear plugs with that old helmet. Anyhow I read that article last week and it made me lean toward the Schuberth and the Shoei. I know they rated the C3 Pro but I believe the regular C3 is real quiet also. I should get my helmet by the weekend and I will give you an update compared to my Arai's.

What's the difference between the C3 and C3 Pro? Besides price -lol.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 02:18 PM by jwoods986.)
09-17-2015 02:17 PM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
Quite a bit actually but I felt for 500.00 for the C3 it should be good enough for me. I think there were some comfort issues with the C3. I hope I don't have those. I think most of the guys on this forum who have the C3 are very happy with them. Good luck with your search.
09-17-2015 04:10 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
(09-17-2015 04:10 PM)drodg58 Wrote:  Quite a bit actually but I felt for 500.00 for the C3 it should be good enough for me. I think there were some comfort issues with the C3. I hope I don't have those. I think most of the guys on this forum who have the C3 are very happy with them. Good luck with your search.

Anxiously awaiting your test report.

I had a quiet Arai but used it in a crash. The HJC modular I replaced it with is very noisy. The C3 is very tempting.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
09-18-2015 05:22 AM
Wisedrum Offline
High Mileage

Germany
Quietest helmet?

The one you wear with safety ear plugs.Big Grin

Wisedrum
09-19-2015 02:48 AM
drodg Offline
1st Service Completed

Indiana
I received my Schuberth C3 last night and I rode for about two hours today or at least had the helmet on for two hours. I am not sure. I have always had medium size Arai helmets and that is what I ordered in this helmet. My wife had measured me before I ordered it and I sized for a medium. I know my old helmets are very well broken in but the Schuberth is really tight. I noticed in the second hour of my ride many different hot points or plain soreness. I do know from reading on the internet these helmets do take a bit to break in. So we will see how it goes. I have read that the S2 liner for 49.00 is a good replacement for some of the sore points that I am experiencing. Anyhow I love the modular aspect of the helmet and it is very quiet and I did wear ear plugs. I will ride more this week and try to give some more updates.
09-19-2015 02:26 PM
jwoods986 Offline
Break-In Period

Burke, VA
Good info, thanks. I'm a XXL and some brands (like AGV) I can't even get their XXL on my head. It sounds like Schuberth might run small too.

Interesting that 2 of the 5 lids from that article are modular. I've always worn full-face helmets but might look into a modular.
09-19-2015 02:41 PM
Capo Offline
High Mileage

Sea Girt, New Jersey USA
Quietest helmet?
Schuberth runs small, and those pressure points are real. The S2 liner helps, but you really need to go up a size in most cases. You should be able to return it if you ordered from Revzilla or the like. I can attest that the C3 is amazingly quiet.

No more CB, but a GB.
Triumphs and Ducatis.
A Norton, MV, and Morini 175.
Probably others.
09-19-2015 05:46 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was a . . .GoldOxide — 04:34 PM
Nice bike Gold! My first bike was almos . . .Lord Popgun — 03:56 PM
What did you do on, or to, your CB today?
I put Spring air in my bike tiresā€¦ :DLord Popgun — 03:55 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
There could always be worse headlines . . .Gone in 60 — 03:10 PM
Todays weather
Today was overcast and it reached about . . .GoldOxide — 02:53 PM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That is very pretty! I'm a bit chal . . .GoldOxide — 02:46 PM
First time out this season now that Iā . . .GoldOxide — 02:43 PM
Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!
Yikes A-man! Glad to read you sailed th . . .GoldOxide — 02:39 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,531
» Latest member: Tom the mod
» Forum threads: 15,992
» Forum posts: 330,380

Full Statistics

>