Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quietest helmet?
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
RE: Quietest helmet?
Revzilla is starting to sell out on some sizes and colors, so I just pulled the trigger on a C3. I had to pick my second color choice. Seems like glossy silver is a popular color.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
09-20-2015 04:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
Btw a Schuberth medium C3 has the same shell as the large helmet. I am getting a large liner for it and see if that helps. I talked to Schuberth and they have been very helpful.
09-23-2015 02:39 PM
kmoney Offline
High Mileage

Vancouver, BC
I have a Shoei GT Air and it's remarkably quiet, cones with a built in sun visor too.
09-23-2015 03:01 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
My C3 arrived today. Based on Drodg58's comments, I got a 3XL instead of my normal 2XL. It's snug but not tight and passes all the fitment tests. Drodg - I think you saved me from sending a 2XL back for the larger size. Thanks and good luck with your new helmet.

I'll try it on a ride tomorrow. I also fitted a touring screen on my RCII today. I suspect the screen will throw a lot more air towards the helmet and should be a good test for wind noise.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 05:04 PM by CB4ME.)
09-23-2015 05:02 PM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
(09-23-2015 05:02 PM)CB4ME Wrote:  My C3 arrived today. Based on Drodg58's comments, I got a 3XL instead of my normal 2XL. It's snug but not tight and passes all the fitment tests. Drodg - I think you saved me from sending a 2XL back for the larger size. Thanks and good luck with your new helmet.

I'll try it on a ride tomorrow. I also fitted a touring screen on my RCII today. I suspect the screen will throw a lot more air towards the helmet and should be a good test for wind noise.

I will be looking forward to your ride report! Good luck
09-24-2015 09:19 AM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
I think that there are a couple of factors that come into play regardless of the helmet itself. Finding a helmet that fits the shape of your heard, and that is also sized correctly is bound to make a difference in the noise level regardless of the helmet itself.

I own a Shoei GT Air and find it to be very quiet. However, I have read reports from others who felt that it was rather loud. My first thought was that they either bought the helmet in a size that was too large for them, or that the basic shape of the helmet was just wrong for their head (or possibly both with the looseness occuring in an attempt to compensate for a helmet shape that isn't a match for the head shape). This is why I like to buy my helmets in a store where I can try them on first. I go for the snuggest possible fit but without hot spots or pain points. You can count on the fit loosening over time, but don't bet on the hot spots going away entirely.

Some of the most comprehensive helmet reviews on the web can be found on webbikeworld.com

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
09-27-2015 10:22 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Excellent point Guth

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
09-28-2015 03:22 AM
Pt51mustang Offline
Break-In Period

Sebastian, Florida
I just upgraded to a Shoei RF-1200. Quiet and light weight. It also has great ventilation. When I was buying I read all the opinions to narrow down the field. Then I went my local dealer to try them on to see what felt the best.
09-30-2015 06:43 PM
drodg58 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
(09-23-2015 05:02 PM)CB4ME Wrote:  My C3 arrived today. Based on Drodg58's comments, I got a 3XL instead of my normal 2XL. It's snug but not tight and passes all the fitment tests. Drodg - I think you saved me from sending a 2XL back for the larger size. Thanks and good luck with your new helmet.

So how was your ride with your tour screen and your C3? I just received the large liner last night for my medium C3 helmet and it is much more comfortable.
10-01-2015 08:28 AM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
(10-01-2015 08:28 AM)drodg58 Wrote:  So how was your ride with your tour screen and your C3? I just received the large liner last night for my medium C3 helmet and it is much more comfortable.

The higher screen definitely throws a lot more air at the helmet. But with ear plugs and the C3, all is well.

10-01-2015 02:34 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
Nah, just routine - catch, flip on back . . .Gone in 60 — 10:13 AM
Did you administer your cats a sleeping . . .peterbaron — 10:04 AM
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my . . .Gone in 60 — 09:44 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
This explains why I liked the T32s then. . . .misterprofessionality — 08:52 AM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974