Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It seems the CB will continue
Elipten Offline
Road Warrior

San Antonio, TX
A third! I'm falling behind. Honda better bring a blue one with spoked wheels next year so I can catch up

2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT

Current inventory

2014 CB1100 DLX
1990 BMW K75RT
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 11:18 PM by Elipten.)
10-24-2015 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ride4now Offline
High Mileage

Florida / Georgia USA
RE: It seems the CB will continue
You know... watching that video, there are a few things I like. I do like the chrome instrument cups, the chrome trimmed horns, the chrome trimmed instrument panel, the sleeker and chromed grab rails, the cleaner fork assembly. I guess the chrome is calling me... not to buy this one but to farkle the one I have.

‘22 BMW R1250 GSA
‘14 Honda CB1100 DLX
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
‘70 Kawasaki H1 500
10-24-2015 12:02 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
It's encouraging to see Honda thinking about breathing new life into the CB1100. But once again, I have to tip my cap to the design team of the original production CB1100. It seems that with each variation that Honda introduces the bike becomes less visually appealing to me.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
10-25-2015 09:31 AM
Townie Offline
1st Service Completed

Ontario, Canada
(09-30-2015 11:21 AM)pwh421 Wrote:  I'm sure many of you know, or have seen this, but I stumbled across a story on Visordown today..

At a quick glance it looks pretty much like the current CB1100 but this is Honda’s Concept CB and it’s probably a preview of the next-generation version of the firm’s big retro machine.

Revealed as part of the firm’s Tokyo Show preview today, there’s no information about the bike other than its name. It clearly uses the existing engine and chassis, as well as the same suspension and brakes as the current CB1100, but there’s a new fuel tank shape, a tweaked seat and new footrests and hangers. The airbox is also reshaped to give a more classic look.

Not exactly the sort of jaw-dropping stuff you’d expect on a ‘concept’ bike, is it? That means it’s probably destined for production.

The firm also revealed a bike called the CB1100 Custom Concept, which is – confusingly – based on the existing CB1100, but gains a café-racer look complete with chequered flag paintwork and remote-reservoir shocks, plus an all-black engine and exhaust and bar-end-mounted mirrors.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news...z3nFOYGM4Y

The custom concept

It also seems that this has been discussed.. I'm always late to the party..

go here..

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7028

I really like the look of that seat on the cafe/black model. Anyone know what aftermarket seat would be a close match to that? The Daytona at Samurider looks close....
10-27-2015 05:24 PM
grover Offline
Running Like a Top

Dallas, TX
(10-27-2015 05:24 PM)Townie Wrote:  
(09-30-2015 11:21 AM)pwh421 Wrote:  I'm sure many of you know, or have seen this, but I stumbled across a story on Visordown today..

At a quick glance it looks pretty much like the current CB1100 but this is Honda’s Concept CB and it’s probably a preview of the next-generation version of the firm’s big retro machine.

Revealed as part of the firm’s Tokyo Show preview today, there’s no information about the bike other than its name. It clearly uses the existing engine and chassis, as well as the same suspension and brakes as the current CB1100, but there’s a new fuel tank shape, a tweaked seat and new footrests and hangers. The airbox is also reshaped to give a more classic look.

Not exactly the sort of jaw-dropping stuff you’d expect on a ‘concept’ bike, is it? That means it’s probably destined for production.

The firm also revealed a bike called the CB1100 Custom Concept, which is – confusingly – based on the existing CB1100, but gains a café-racer look complete with chequered flag paintwork and remote-reservoir shocks, plus an all-black engine and exhaust and bar-end-mounted mirrors.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news...z3nFOYGM4Y

The custom concept

It also seems that this has been discussed.. I'm always late to the party..

go here..

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7028

I really like the look of that seat on the cafe/black model. Anyone know what aftermarket seat would be a close match to that? The Daytona at Samurider looks close....

Booyah...K and H

http://www.samurider.com/wp/wp-content/u...0102-2.jpg

http://www.samurider.com/?p=22231

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-27-2015 06:02 PM
CB360T Offline
Break-In Period

USA
(10-24-2015 12:34 AM)Roger the shrubber Wrote:  I already saw the pics and video. Looks production ready from my observations, and it would be great to have it return to the North American market in this updated guise. But I just bought my third CB1100 just a few days ago, and got a smokin' deal on it, so I'm happy..... for now.

PM sent.
10-28-2015 03:18 PM
Seabee Offline
1st Service Completed

Fort Lauderdale Florida
Report from Tokyo show with Honda bikes. Especially like the Grom Scrambler.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/28/honda...ler-video/

2014 CB1100 DLX (Sold, reluctantly)
2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT (Sold)
11-13-2015 09:12 AM
Bosti Offline
1st Service Completed

Slovenia
Yesterday I went to Milan, to EICMA show, just to checkout will there also be presented a newer version (custom concept) of our beloved CB as it was in Tokyo.

On Honda's big stand among all the models it was only our CB 1100 EX that we all know, no newer version presented. Also I didn't notice any pictures or signs of change. So the good news is that CB is still in production.

Otherwise I must say Honda had a really nice spacious stand, the centerpiece was the the new Africa Twin which looks amazing I must say.

All the best
11-22-2015 01:17 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM
Todays weather
Correct, Gone.Cormanus — 02:46 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>