Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Australia's Best MC Road? Ride it with me.
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
RE: Australia's Best MC Road? Ride it with me.
NRTM, no worries mate. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your recommendation of an alternate road for Sale - Bairnsdale via the Princess Highway. That Highway is dangerous. Death by boredom is a real and present danger made even more lethal by roadworks which, one hopes, might be aimed at putting a few bends in place or even, heaven forbid shriek the revenue raising bureaucracy, allowing the speed limit to be raised a tad. The C106, while not being massively challenging, is a pleasant country road and a pleasure to ride. Very little traffic was an added bonus. Thanks.

(11-07-2015 07:58 AM)The ferret Wrote:  ..........Showed better quality small than when I made it full screen. .......

Thanks Ferret, your comment alerted me that something might have gone awry with the upload to Vimeo. The video was made at 1080p and I was satisfied with the resolution on a large screen HD TV. The upload to Vimeo was done at 720p even though I ensured my subscription (yes $) was enabled for 1080p. Either Vimeo was slow in upgrading my subscription or it was finger trouble on my part. No matter, latter today I will pull the 720p and replace with a 1080p. Tomorrow,when it's up and running, I would appreciate you having a brief look and letting me know if the quality is better. It should be.

Cheers
11-08-2015 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Will do

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
11-08-2015 06:59 PM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
The upload to Vimeo is complete. For the information of those using Vimeo (and YouTube) the video I uploaded was at 1080p and 60 fps. Vimeo uses auto compression to convert the file to 1080p and 30fps. YouTube also does this. The original Dropbox file remains uncompressed.

Dropbox: 1080p 60fps

Vimeo:

Cheers
11-09-2015 02:09 PM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Ok Ptero watched the Vimeo 1080p 30fps version full screen. Took a long time to download for me lol. Anyhow, I think the quality full screen was generally much better than the view I saw previously and what graininess and lack of clarity available in spots I will attribute to the recording device itself (the GoPro) rather than any equipment that plays back the images recorded if that makes any sense.

note: wish you could have seen me sitting upright I my desk chair setting up for the right left curve transitions..and there were a lot of them thank goodness lol.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
11-10-2015 07:07 AM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
Thanks for that Ferret. Video posting platforms are a bit of a disappointment to me. When playing the raw GoPro files and the completed video on QuickTime player the quality is crystal clear. True HD. The compression process used by both Vimeo and YouTube markedly degrades the quality. Maybe I need to learn more about encoding.

As an aside, in my first post I attempted to embed the Vimeo file. Not successful as all I saw on the post preview was a large blank space where the embed was made. I had selected the Vimeo option from the drop down "TV" and pasted the Vimeo URL. Maybe the size of the file delays the completion of the process. Any help regarding any of the above from yourself or any other member (video making/posting gurus) would be appreciated.

Darling watched about thirty seconds of corners and left the room, hurriedly. Motion sickness. Mmmmmm.

Cheers, and thanks for your time.
11-10-2015 03:57 PM
rmack Offline
1st Service Completed

australia
pterodactyl your right about that road i just got back monday from a 3 day run in that area doing hotham,falls creek,omeo to blue duck to mitta mitta several times etc best 1400 round trip on a bike i think i have ever done most fun you can have with ya pants on
11-18-2015 03:30 AM
curlyjoe Offline
High Mileage

Massachusetts
(11-10-2015 03:57 PM)Pterodactyl Wrote:  Thanks for that Ferret. Video posting platforms are a bit of a disappointment to me. When playing the raw GoPro files and the completed video on QuickTime player the quality is crystal clear. True HD. The compression process used by both Vimeo and YouTube markedly degrades the quality. Maybe I need to learn more about encoding.

I've had the same experience with uploading GoPro videos to youtube. Bummer.

BTW, great road, ride and excellent editing! Beer

I especially like the bits w/ the sound of the staintune. Thumbs Up

2013 CB1100 ABS
2008 ST1300
11-26-2015 04:30 AM
quietguy Offline
Running Like a Top

TX
Excellent video... great scenery and roads.
12-11-2015 08:25 PM
Pterodactyl Offline
Road Warrior

Sydney, Australia
Thanks, Quiteguy.

Cheers
12-11-2015 11:10 PM
quietguy Offline
Running Like a Top

TX
I watched your video again... It would indeed be a real treat to visit your beautiful country, and to ride it would be incredible.

I will admit to almost toppling my chair a few times - I found myself leaning into each curve. I had to laff at myself...

Thanks again for sharing a bit of your homeland.
12-31-2015 04:41 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Todays weather
And … ? Not too much to talk a . . .peterbaron — 03:21 PM
Todays weather
Today's weather (same system as PB) was . . .GoldOxide — 03:10 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition