Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Valencia! ***spoiler alert ****
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Valencia! ***spoiler alert ****
lol Carlqvist, a name I haven't heard in a few years, I saw DeCoster at the Mid Ohio Raceway in about 1975 I think. The guy was amazingly consistent lap after lap, same line, same speed, he never looked "in a hurry" (kind of like Lorenzo when he is on a roll) compared to young American riders at the time Lackey, Weinert, Desoto etc. He just rode very smooth and very fast. When he hit the tree and busted his liver? it was a real blow to us fans. He would never be the same racer, plus the younger Americans had finally figured it out thanks to experience and Japanese engineeers.

yea those 500 cc 2 stroke pilots were iron men both in the dirt, and on pavement

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
11-11-2015 05:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
I saw DeCoster ride in Orlando in the early seventies and your take on his skills is on mark ferret. It was a joy to watch an expert make the difficult look so easy.

Those were the glory days of racing in general I think. F1 was a mad dash from start to finish without the silly pit stops. Motocross was great and American riders were coming on strong, learning from the great Euro racers of the time. I watched Mann, Romero, Brelsford, Nixon and the other iron men of flat track at Atlanta. If I had only had the time then that I have now. There was so much to see.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
11-11-2015 07:20 AM
Headbanger02 Offline
Running Like a Top

Indiana
I agree ferret, indoor motocross has always seemed unnatural to me....you know, holeshot...turn left and jump and turn right and triple jump to the sky turn left and whoop whoop whoop de do and turn right and double jump a table top and turn left and jump the finish line and repeat.....and they keep going faster and faster, I'm surprised nobody's been killed yet, even though that can happen on an outdoor track as well, outdoors is where it should be all the time....
11-11-2015 11:41 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,753

Full Statistics

>