Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got the Tank Repainted
JustPassinThru Offline
Running Like a Top

Montana
RE: Got the Tank Repainted
(11-20-2015 11:36 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  
(11-20-2015 08:50 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Actually I had the chicken. Don't know about their burgers. Lol

I do like Wendy burgers, McDonalds burgers, Steak amd Shake Burgers and Burger King Burgers, Denny's burgers, and Bob Evans burgers though. Don't care for Frishes burgers.

Now I come to think about it, I may have the chicken too. You'd still have to pay me to get me to try another one!

Ah, this'll break your heart.

Hardee's no longer has chicken.

Part of the consolidation they've had since Carl's Jr. took them over about ten years ago. Slowly, they made the menus the same.

Burgers only, now...still got curly fries. Not sure if Carl's has curly fries; if they don't, then Hardee's will eventually pair them off.
11-24-2015 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cooldrum Offline
Running Like a Top

Portland,Oregon
RE: Got the Tank Repainted
Your tank looks very nice and don't forget we have Killer burger here in Pdx with bottom-less fries and you can get a beer too! In 'N Out is always fresh and tasty! To each his own as they say. R

The 14 DLX has two stripes one white and one black. They are supposed to mimic the stripes on the original CB750 (I think). They look OK, but to my eye, I think the tank looks better without them. Would have left the tank alone if my stupidity had not intervened and gave the opportunity to remove them.

Oh, Pterodactyl is correct, the bike is now definitely faster without the strips.

I would post pics, but this forum like most others makes positing them more work than I want to go through. I guess Facebook has spoiled me. I can post a pic on FB in a couple of seconds.

Why ride 300+ miles for and In 'N Out burger? Here in the Pacific Northwest, it takes a while to get things that other parts of the country enjoy. For years we could not buy Coors beer. People would make beer runs to Idaho and California just to get a couple of cases. Now Coors is OK, but when your state has banned the sale, Coors becomes THE premium beer.

In 'N Out is kind of the same thing. We hear people rave about their burgers, especially relocated Cali folks. So In 'N Out became the new Coors. Until this year the closest store was in Redding, CA. When news came that they were going to open a store in Medford, Or all of the Oregon media exploded. This was huge. When they opened in September, people were camping out the night before, additional police were put on line to handle the traffic. So a couple of weeks after they opened myself and 3 friends decided to make a burger run.

The burger was good and inexpensive. For about $5.50, I got a cheese burger, fries and a soda. About the same price as a Big Mac.

Was it worth the trip? Well we are planning another one next year. It will be a little longer as we are planning on spending a couple days exploring Crater Lake. I will take the CB, which should cut the riding time in half, now that the stripes are gone and the bike is much faster.
[/quote]
11-24-2015 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
2021 Guzzi V7 Special
TooSlo, you really dig in this forum t . . .TooSlo — 07:17 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
might be technically fine, but IMHO th . . .TooSlo — 07:14 AM